Kimbo vs ???? on Bellator Debut

Wouldn't be surprised if it's Manny Lara or Josh Burns.

Thompson rematch. James Thompson was not ready to go down when ref stopped the fight the first time.

kimbo and lavar johnson were put on this earth to fight

It'll most likely be some guys you never heard of before for his first couple of fights. They will want to build him up with some wins so they can market him for a big fight against someone known.

Kimbo will fight some 2-3 rookie from whatever city he gets to debut in. That's how Bellator match guys up, the rookie may end up winning but doubtful. Look at any decent name they've signed, they ALWAYS get a jobber from the local city to fight first, so they can hype the guy up more. And by jobber, I mean jobber. Kimbo got Houston Alexander for his full UFC debut, okay, some feel that fight was fixed....I just think it was two guys in their late 30s who were both scared of the other dude's punching power.

Kimbo will get the biggest local jobber they can find, so they can hype up his next fight.

And I like Kimbo, by the way. Chill dude. Realy won me over on TUF 10. I thought I'd hate him but he's a laidback guy who took the opportunity to capitalise on his name....I'll root for him in Bellator.

Kimbo-Lavar. Should hopefully get him a win and will be a blast to watch as long as it's over in 1 round.

either a local rookie that he can beat up, or a rematch with the colossus

i wonder if he's been training

Anything done with Kimbo should be to set up future paydays for the company off the back of whoever wins. Don't book him against some humper. That is not what fans want to see. That just drives people away. The key is for the fight to be memorable not put the viewer to sleep

I think there are one of two ways you maximize having Kimbo on the roster:

1) A young prospect or someone that is 3-0, 4-0 type deal. Have them make a name off of Kimbo's celebrity, if possible. Someone with a future.

2) Go all out freak show. Herschell Walker. See if they can get that fight done in Dallas. Walker gets lots of publicity outside of the scope of MMA media. Kimbo being a Youtube star from the past will help spread the word that much more about Bellator and that they will have fun fights (which should be an objective for the company).

All these Lashley, Cro Cop, JT ideas are just a waste of time. All those guys are in the neighborhood of 40 and won't get over the next generation. They won't get extra media coverage. They add zero to the future of the company.

I really can't think of any remote name that I'd be confident he could handle.

He's 40 now, has bad knees, is tweenerweight, and hasn't been working ground game in years.

Having just seen Houston this weekend, I think he'd crush in a rematch.

Looking at their roster + 2014 fights, Mark Griffin is really the only guy I'd consider matching him against.

Seth Petruzelli

knockedout1.gif

King Mo smashed Petruzellis' soul into retirement.

Maybe a rematch with James Thompson.

Back