Kimbo Slice Video

sheikh_cardio

White Belt
Reaction score
Tell me what you think of this video in regards to his training with Bas Rutten and preparing for his fight in which he whooped Tank Abbot, and if you can compare it with the cheap performance brought tto you by Elite Xc a while back.....

YouTube - Kimbo Slice

Very old. Seems okay but very basic. A few basic mitt drills and bag work is nothing special. I would like to see what type of sparring he does. You can see a lot more of his training as far as conditioning in the Toe to Toe goldberg video.

It would be better if he didnt talk.

So im guessing u do not like kimbo slice or his training lol

Ha, no, not really a fan. Not really impressed with his 2 and 3 punch basic combinations on the focus mitts, but I wouldnt have commented if it wasnt for his random commentary. "You wanna see me?! You wanna see me??!! OK!!" "Im hungry!!!"

Lame...:rolleyes:

God, that video sucked.

while kimbo might not be a good mixed marital artist (especially on the ground) but he is a very very good striker. EVEN Gannon (who was a golden gloves winner) said that kimbo has the hands of a very good journeyman boxer. While that might not sound like much that's pretty fucken good.

Yea he gets pretty excited for those mitt drills. Two hooks! RAWR

i think hes decent at punching but other than that he needs to work on his knees/elbows/ground game and kickin too! Wow but he has a good record so far anyways.

while kimbo might not be a good mixed marital artist (especially on the ground) but he is a very very good striker. EVEN Gannon (who was a golden gloves winner) said that kimbo has the hands of a very good journeyman boxer. While that might not sound like much that's pretty fucken good.

There's alot more in the striking game than just hands

jacob i cant tell you how much i agree with you. But he doesnt have much agility. He's all hands and very easy to get leg kicked or taken down and submitted from what I've seen from the youtube videos, if they even mean anything.

jacob i cant tell you how much i agree with you. But he doesnt have much agility. He's all hands and very easy to get leg kicked or taken down and submitted from what I've seen from the youtube videos, if they even mean anything.

I don't think Kimbo slice will ever break the top 50 in MMA

I don't think Kimbo slice will ever break the top 50 in MMA

I don't even know who the top fifty are but he's got to do something spectacular because his experience in street fighting isn't going to help him much in the octagon....I say he'll be better if he practices the kicking and takedowns/jujitsu....but hey, what do I know?

There's alot more in the striking game than just hands

Hes got cleaner hands than alot of MMA guys. But thats just his hooks and uppercuts. My theory is that his muscles are so big that they keep his arm bent at a 90 degree angle which allows him to deliver his punches pretty cleanoly. I dont see much of his jab and straight htou. fuckin buzzed.

Very unimpressive in my opinion.

He'll beat Rogers quite easily though.

Hes got cleaner hands than alot of MMA guys. But thats just his hooks and uppercuts. My theory is that his muscles are so big that they keep his arm bent at a 90 degree angle which allows him to deliver his punches pretty cleanoly. I dont see much of his jab and straight htou. fuckin buzzed.

i hope that's the alcohol reasoning with why he has good hooks because that may just be the dumbest thing i've read on sherdog today LOL

it's seems bas changed his system

HAWRR Means One
HAWWAR HAWWAR Means One two
HAWQAE HAWWAR WWARRR ONE TWO HOOK

it's seems bas changed his system

HAWRR Means One
HAWWAR HAWWAR Means One two
HAWQAE HAWWAR WWARRR ONE TWO HOOK

He's just speaking in easy one syllable words that Kimbo can understand, a mans gotta improvise.

bingo

kimbo has natural standup/striking ability, even in his boatyard days he showed good handspeed and punching skill; not to mention his ablity to at least use rudimentary combinations, setups, footwork and headmovement.

while i am no boxing virtuoso or striking virtuoso; but im very familiar and confortable w/striking and strikers, an kimbo has skillls...plain and simple. Is he advanced hell no; but put it in perspective, no real training and then look at some of these cats who in mma who got training or have 20plus fight. Kimbo has better strikes (punches), better than fujita's hands, werdums hands, hell if brad imes had his hands he might have won still getting put out in the first round, schermer don't have as good of hands, thompson, gracie, hinkle, coleman, randleman. An these guys have been training for years, to me kimbo had better hands b4 he started, an it has only become much cleaner and obvious as he has trained w/bas.

an if a guy says you have the hands, footwork, skills, power, chin, durability, trickiness or anything boxing related to the equivalent of a journeyman boxer take it as a compliment. It might be an insult in regards to being a competitive or world class boxer; but it means your in another universe in regards to your standup in comparison to most mma guys, ESP the hw div which is notoriously thin.

Back