Kimbo Slice Signs with Bellator

sweet maybe we can see something like this again :redface:

mn2elh.gif

scott coker is the funnest promoter and ge knows how to move the needle

any zuffa zombie out there that hates on this ufc signed cm punk...

Let me get that out of the way kimbo is being brought back for ratings and I think he can do equal if not more then rampage and tito people love kimbo.

Wheres cc at? I said a month ago this would happen and got laughed at. Look at it this way kimbo can not only fight in bellator but he can box on spike too. As far as opponents lavar johnson is clearly the favorite for his first fight. Scott is gonna promote this like it is hes not gonna say kimbo is the best fighter or give kimbo serious contenders hes gonna bring kimbo in 2 times maybe this year on the big events and put him in co main or main events to push the needle. In a age were we r talking about cm punk fighting the green powet ranger is this a bad thing really?

randy or fedor will sign next guarantee it and ofcoarse cung le

and if i was bellator I would make serious runs at the karate hottie, gina, and cyborg

Anyone who hated on CM PUnk signing should be hating on this and anyone who was ok with UFC signing Punk should be ok with this.

and I dont know who laughed at you since months ago I was the one who posted Jason Floyd and Sam Caplan saying they tried to sign Kimbo for the Sept 5th show and almost had a deal.

Coker's Bellator, ladies and gentlemen.

How much longer till he gets shitcanned, or they just pull the plug on Bellator altogether?

Anyone who hated on CM PUnk signing should be hating on this and anyone who was ok with UFC signing Punk should be ok with this.

I used to hate Kimbo. But I'm ok with this. He'll put asses in seats and bring eyes to the tv. Make sure his cards have always got talented guys that need a good push fighting on them. Get them a little mainstream exposure. Don't try and build a promotion around him.

Coker's Bellator, ladies and gentlemen.

How much longer till he gets shitcanned, or they just pull the plug on Bellator altogether?

Their last event did the highest ratings of any Bellator show ever, I don't think he is going anywhere.

I used to hate Kimbo. But I'm ok with this. He'll put asses in seats and bring eyes to the tv. Make sure his cards have always got talented guys that need a good push fighting on them. Get them a little mainstream exposure. Don't try and build a promotion around him.

For sure, just like Herchel and Lashley brought eyes to strikeforce. I don't see anything wrong with it.

For sure, just like Herchel and Lashley brought eyes to strikeforce. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Exactly.
There's enough room in the sport for pure competition and fun fights. No sense in getting pissy about it. May as well enjoy a good scrap.

Their last event did the highest ratings of any Bellator show ever, I don't think he is going anywhere.

There are only so many events Tito can fight in.

But by all means, sign Ken Shamrock and Butterbean for a fight next. It'll get some ratings.

Nice. That will move the needle for sure. I wonder how many fights he signed for. If its a one and done then i could see him fighting another legend (couture/cro cop) or a prospect they want to get some major exposure.

I'm down to watch.

Kimbo VS Lavar, Beltran, Colossus, Houston, etc. are all fights I would be interested in PVRing.

But by all means, sign Ken Shamrock and Butterbean for a fight next. It'll get some ratings.

Kimbo will bring in just as much or more ratings than Tito. His fight with Thompson did huge numbers, as did the TUF episode where he fought Nelson.

I'll watch the fuck out of that.

i love it! i love what Coker is doing with bellator!

signing interesting fighters and putting Bellator on the map and building the brand!

i never ever thougth i would start to gravitate to bellator.

I'm starting to get sick of UFC repetitive boring nonsense!

I remember watching it and cheering like crazy when Thompson was raining down elbows on his head.

Me too. Ever since then I get mad when I see Dan Mirgliotta reffing a fight that I have any interest in.

Kimbo/Lashley is the fight, Bobby is already second biggest draw they have.

BUt do they do that right away and Kimbo loses or do they set Kimbo up to get a win first?

Kimbo coming back to mma is story, could put him on a reg monthly card vs a nobody and it probably draws what Tito/Bonnar did or more just on his coming back.

Then after he wins then you set up a name fight vs Lashley, I'd have said Rampage or Tito but Page is gone and Tito will fight for LHW title.

Kimbo/Lashley would be big, assuming his debut fight did big ratings nad people cared. Think his debut vs anyone would atleast do 2-3x what normal Bellator show does so 2-3 mill is very possible.

I don't really think he is much of a needle mover anymore. To me this is just a freak show signing that might bring in a few eyeballs to one or two events and it will be over. Kimbo's knees are shot and anyone with any wrestling in the world will destroy Kimbo. Fans are also smarter today than 6 to 8 years ago.

At least Bellator will have names people recognize. I dont event
know some of the UFC headliners these days.

It is the model that is kinda proving to work for Bellator these days. They're not focusing on talent but on names and entertaining fights. Which apparently it is what the fans want. Most fans dont care to watch unknown low-level talent every weekend but will rahter watch one card a month that features fighters they actually know.

And the UFC seems to be recognizing that, with the signing of CM Punk and Rampage.

However, I don't think it is a very sustainable model; the fans will grow tired of watching a bunch of old bums gassing out after the first round. But I do think it is a very good strategy for Bellator as it will help them draw more and new fans to the promotion that otherwise simply wouldn't tune in.
They will have to migrate to a different model and adapt after a year or so, I think.

Back