Kimbo Slice Appreciation Thread (RIP)

Kaybee

Arianator Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
There's often some kind of landmark fighter or event that draws someone into a sport and MMA is no different. The usual suspects include TUF, Fedor, GSP, Brock, Ronda, Conor etc., but I feel like Kimbo hardly ever gets mentioned as someone who helped bring in new fans.

I remember as a kid seeing videos of his backyard fights online and then seeing him get upset by some dude with crazy pink hair in a cage fight. It probably took another few years for me to become a more serious fan of the sport, but Kimbo brought it into my view.

And goddamn, do I still love seeing randos getting KTFO on Youtube! He may have never been a technical sound fighter, but he was exciting to watch and brought eyes to both MMA and Youtube videos of street fights.

1de61a568d896669-600x338.gif

Slice was entertaining. I watched the videos of his fights too back in the day before I even watched MMA.

Kimbo's street fighting videos were also the first time I saw Jorge Masvidal. When he was fighting that Ray guy. I didn't know back then who he was though :p

This was Kimbo's fight

A young Alex (Bruce Leroy) Carceres in the backyard showing how technique prevails over aggression.

Also,
Irv Gotti (Rapper)
P-Diddy
Rick Ross.

Kimbo's people reached out to all of them to send their best and "get this money".

No replies.

Nobody was better at beating up homeless dudes on Youtube.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back