Kimbo has actually fought legit people...

The only impressive thing about Kimbo is that he dethroned Pudz as the king of awful cardio.

DADA won.

Kimbo collapsed to his knees, fight should have been stopped

He needs to stay out of the cage until he improves his cardio.

I like kimbo.
He's clearly not a martial artist and maybe that's why a lot of mma fans don't like him but considering i like combat sports and fighting and used to enjoy watching his street fights at school, I'm on his train :).

It's the equivalent to me as most of you probably supporting people like 'The Rock' & Kurt Angle (WWF)

I've never known a fighter that didn't like Kimbo. It's only Sherdog type fans that hate him.

I like kimbo as a person,but he came into the game too late,and its clear he doesnt take his training that serious,and you know what,i dont hold it against him. MMA companies come to him and say fight for us and we will pay you such and such millions.

Kimbo: lol k

He needs to stay out of the cage until he improves his cardio.
there is no incentive for him to do that. hes come for the payday. and fights like once a year?

He fought some big names way past their expiration date or outside their respective sport. I don't have any issue with Kimbo, but their needs to be some clarity when discussing his competition.

He beat Ray Mercer dude. Please discredit that in some way.

Ok, I'll discredit it: Mercer was past washed up as a boxer and had no mma experience when he "fought" Kimbo in the octagon. It is not like he beat Mercer at boxing - I give Kimbo less credit for that fight than I give him for beating 52 year old Shamrock in a fix.

Mercer WAS a great boxer in his day,but beating him in mma with a guillotine dont really mean that much

Beat an over the hill, back yard brawling, washed up Tank Abbot.

Was getting beat easily by James Thompson before the fight was stopped way prematurely.
Kimbo even collapsed after his gifted victory.

Hype train derailed by Seth Petruzelli in 14 seconds.

Roy Nelson embarress him on TUF

He had one great moment against Houston Alexander and again was fighting for air to breathe in a huge letdown of a fight.

He gets absolutely tooled and destroyed by Meathead which leads to a retirement and is cut from the UFC.

Returns to fight another old legend in the most obvious fixed fight in recent memory.

Then he has the most absolute boring fight in the history of MMA where his opponent nearly died from boredom.

There's nothing legit about Kimbo or his opponents. He's the biggest USA freak show fighter and nothing more.

Jesus man you have hatorade for blood.

Kimbo was definitely not getting "beat easily" by James Thompson.

Just because he can't hang with the big dogs doesn't mean he's nothing more than a freak show fighter. He's come from headlining backyard brawls to bellator / elite XC whatever organizations.
He's even showed flashes of decent technique. Kimbo doesn't have cardio and that with his age will forever inhibit him becoming a great fighter but you're in denial if you think the dude is
nothing more than a freak show fighter. He's earned where he's at and getting paid and shit.

Jesus man you have hatorade for blood.

Kimbo was definitely not getting "beat easily" by James Thompson.

he should have lost that fight,when he couldnt get out from underneath JT

Beating a sherdogger would be his biggest accomplishment. No fixed fight needed.

I kind of like my chances against the Kimbo who fought Friday night. Not gonna lie.
You like your chances? That sounds interesting. You should post stats and pics for comparison to show your not just chirping. Maybe your big payday momentum starts on sherdog.

CM jr. VS Kimbo Slice.

Well lets take a look

Ken Shamrock: 2-6 in the 10 years before the Kimbo fight. If there was ever a "fixed" fight, it was this one.

Matt Mitrione: 1-0 as a pro before this fight. Has grown into a decent fighter but was very green and still had minimal trouble with Kimbo.

Houston Alexander: 1-3 in the 2 years before the Kimbo fight. For some reason just circled away from Kimbo without attempting any offense. Was not scared of Keith Jardine, Thiago Silva, etc but for some reason was timid against Kimbo. Was weird to watch.

Seth Petruzelli: Nothing really to say.

James Thompson: 2-5 in the 2 years before the Kimbo fight. A lot of shady things happened in this fight, such as the stoppage.

Tank Abbott: 2-7 in the 10 years before the Kimbo fight.

Bo Cantrell: Good first opponent for Kimbo. Got punched and fell down and immediately tapped.... was definitely odd.

Exibition: Ray Mercer, who did beat Tim Sylvia later lol

Overall, Kimbo has 4 names on his resume: Mercer, Tank, Shamrock, and Dada (even if he sucks he is still a name in fighting somehow....). They have done a good job with matching Kimbo up with fighters he can beat and that people know. However, he hasn't really accomplished anything when you look at it. Always the toughest guy at the barbecue, and I am glad he's made a living and a lot of money based on internet fame, but he is not a good or even ok MMA fighter.

Back