Kimbo has actually fought legit people...

lol stupid excuses.. And Kimbo didnt smoke cigarettes where u get that from..

Plenty of ppl smoke alot of weed and do very well. Heard of michael phelps, dick diaz, donald cerrone, jon jones etc?

I smoke weed on a regular basis, and it doesnt effect my strength atleast. Maybe the agression in the training session is a bit lowered.

From what I've heard from a friend at coconut creek campus Kimbo smoked cigarettes up until around TUF. When he took MMA serious. Wasnt a pack a day guy but did smoke. I also smoke weed. But he has been shownand admits to loving blunts. Which severely hurt the lungs. Especially when his lungs arent conditioned to be like the gentleman you stated. Also look att that muscle mass takes alot of oxygen. Also hes 42.

I just proved to you why he isn't legit as you think he is and neither are his opponents. Hes had 2 of the worst fights in MMA, and 2 fights that were fixed. He's not legit. He's rich from his freak show train so more power to him.
He beat Ray Mercer dude. Please discredit that in some way.

From what I've heard from a friend at coconut creek campus Kimbo smoked cigarettes up until around TUF. When he took MMA serious. Wasnt a pack a day guy but did smoke. I also smoke weed. But he has been shownand admits to loving blunts. Which severely hurt the lungs. Especially when his lungs arent conditioned to be like the gentleman you stated. Also look att that muscle mass takes alot of oxygen. Also hes 42.

Probably isnt good for cardio, but i wouldnt use that as a excuse.. Smoking a bit of cigaretts many years ago only hindered that much, since he was training all the time aswell. Not good though, his cardio shows it.

My cardio sucks aswell. But then look at Nick Diaz, he smokes joints everyday :p Probably not blunts though.

Houston Alexander is for real and we all know how he fared against Kimbo...

Probably isnt good for cardio, but i wouldnt use that as a excuse.. Smoking a bit of cigaretts many years ago only hindered that much, since he was training all the time aswell. Not good though, his cardio shows it.

My cardio sucks aswell. But then look at Nick Diaz, he smokes joints everyday :p Probably not blunts though.
I just feel like if the guy would of never smoked and focused on his cardiovascular training more at a younger age and been about 205 he would of been a force. Think about it...Kimbo isnt a bitch by any means. If he was trained from an early age he could be like a Rumble, Rampage etc. Had potential just not enough time

Congrats, Kimbo beat a boxer with no BJJ training in a exhibition match. Probably another fixed fight knowing Kimbos career.

Also it was an exhibition match so who cares lol

Congrats, Kimbo beat a boxer with no BJJ training in a exhibition match. Probably another fixed fight knowing Kimbos career.

Also it was an exhibition match so who cares lol
It was scheduled pro all the way up until fight because they didnt want to sanction the murder of Kimbo. Do research.
Great fight actually. Mercer landed some nice punches.
Kimbo zero martial arts. Experience.
Mercer. Whats his resume?????? Zero bjj. Lol thats it? Nothing else crazy impressive?

Kimbo gets props from me, he did A LOT better than a lot of us hardcore fans thought he would. People want to praise CM Punk for chasing his dream and giving it a go, he hasn't even stepped foot in the cage. Kimbo has, multiple times with good fighters. The average backyard brawler isn't coming into MMA and beating guys like Thomspson and Alexander, sure they aren't world beaters, but they're respectable wins. Kimbo wasn't exactly a young buck when he got into MMA either.

I just feel like if the guy would of never smoked and focused on his cardiovascular training more at a younger age and been about 205 he would of been a force. Think about it...Kimbo isnt a bitch by any means. If he was trained from an early age he could be like a Rumble, Rampage etc. Had potential just not enough time

He would be alot better, but so would anyone else who didnt start very early.

Kimbo trained and fought alot since he was a little kid, that makes you tougher and a better fighter aswell, its not like he didnt do anything. He has nice boxing from a early stage.

Imagine Brock going straight from real wrestling to mma.. :p That wouldve been alot scarier.

I think Kimbo could be a top 10 LHW at that time, if he started training mma very early. Since LHW isnt the strongest weightclass. I doubt he would be anything like Rumble though. Rampage is more like it, but i think even Rampage has more raw talent than Kimbo, really.

He would be alot better, but so would anyone else who didnt start very early.

Kimbo trained and fought alot since he was a little kid, that makes you tougher and a better fighter aswell, its not like he didnt do anything. He has nice boxing from a early stage.

Imagine Brock going straight from real wrestling to mma.. :p That wouldve been alot scarier.

I think Kimbo could be a top 10 LHW at that time, if he started training mma very early. Since LHW isnt the strongest weightclass. I doubt he would be anything like Rumble though. Rampage is more like it, but i think even Rampage has more raw talent than Kimbo, really.
I agree with the Kimbo statements. His slams remind me of page.

Brock straight into mma would be king of the world dictator. Unless punched.

I think everyone is being a bit too critical, I still think he is capable of doing more then that, he's far from a world beater but that was a pathetic performance...I don't think his cardio could be THAT gone. Strange that he looked in better shape for this one but had better cardio last time...no idea what's going on with that guy.

nonsanctioned fight and most obvious worked fight i have seen in mma.....

Look at kimbo's technique in that fight and then look at ANY of his other fights.....also, look at how dosile mercer is....
Mercer would have destroyed him if that fight was real....it wouldn't have even been close....

Kimbo is a very good street fighter imo. so it's kinda tough to compete with guys who are 4-5 days in the gym that train all aspects of MMA

Last edited:
Calling Ken a legit person is funny. That fight was completely fixed.

Kimbo should fight Justin Wren since Justin is calling him out.

Beat an over the hill, back yard brawling, washed up Tank Abbot.

Was getting beat easily by James Thompson before the fight was stopped way prematurely.
Kimbo even collapsed after his gifted victory.

Hype train derailed by Seth Petruzelli in 14 seconds.

Roy Nelson embarress him on TUF

He had one great moment against Houston Alexander and again was fighting for air to breathe in a huge letdown of a fight.

He gets absolutely tooled and destroyed by Meathead which leads to a retirement and is cut from the UFC.

Returns to fight another old legend in the most obvious fixed fight in recent memory.

Then he has the most absolute boring fight in the history of MMA where his opponent nearly died from boredom.

There's nothing legit about Kimbo or his opponents. He's the biggest USA freak show fighter and nothing more.

Kimbo did not get embarrassed by Roy Nelson, He was owning Roy Nelson in the stand up and as soon as Big Country got hit he ONLY went for take downs for the rest of the round so his fat ass could smother Kimbo for the Victory.

I remember watching his first street fighting vid, and his corner was yelling: "watch out for that metal thing!"

Changed my life, and I totally got into Megadeth, Slayer and the likes.

Thanks, Kimbo!

I agree he deserves credit. Most people just didn't like the fact some people thought he was going to destroy real mma fighters. I think we all know he wouldn't have beaten any of those old guys if they were all in their prime.

Personally for me it's not easy to be critical of how someone brings home the lettuce as long as what their doing is legit, they pay their taxes and aren't harming others in the process. I'm sure being a pro fighter isn't easy, and the guys taken his lumps and criticism from day one, amazingly he's still competing. Are his fights freak shows and he's matched against guys who he should handle, sometimes, but he has fought some legit journeymen MMA names and actually came out on top against a few of those guys. People like to see him perform for some reason (albeit not me), so why not let him perform for a paycheck, a brotha needs his bread.

Back