Kimbo crushes fedor

...Do you think it would change people's perception...

what perception is that?

the perception that mma fighter x could beat boxer y in a no rules street fight?

the perception that female mma fighter x could beat male mma fighter y?

the perception that an "a - level" major league athlete could train mma for 12 weeks and wreck the hw division in it's entirety?

public perception about mma in general leaves a lot to be desired imo.

To answer the question, for those who know MMA and especially who watched Fedor fight in Pride, no way. They understand that Prime Fedor destroys Kimbo 10/10.

For casual fans? Unfortunately, the answer is probably yeah. They saw Hendo KO Fedor from behind and saw Kimbo win money in those backyard vids and that's the extent of their knowledge.

The fact is Fedor had, among many other gifts, a freakish ability to strike from top position, including someone's guard. Not only could he deliver nearly full shoulder rotation, but he could generate enormous hip power from top guard and had the long arms to deliver it fist to face. Assuming he didn't just sub Kimbo, Prime Fedor executes a beautiful trip, falls into top position and even if in guard (though unlikely with Kimbo's game) beats Kimbo unconscious.

The op was brought to you by Bellatrolls. There is not a sane person on the planet that thinks that scenario is even in the realm of
possibility. Aliens will enslave mankind before Kimbo legitimately KOs Fedor. Outside of a work that is.

what perception is that?

the perception that mma fighter x could beat boxer y in a no rules street fight?

the perception that female mma fighter x could beat male mma fighter y?

the perception that an "a - level" major league athlete could train mma for 12 weeks and wreck the hw division in it's entirety?

public perception about mma in general leaves a lot to be desired imo.
The perception that it takes a lifetime of serious training to achieve greatness.

The perception that it takes a lifetime of serious training to achieve greatness.

the only people that truly understand that are the people that have or do train seriously. the casuals will never get that. period.

Ridiculous thread. Kimbo has shown time and again that he is a mediocre fighters with mediocre power. Even older, three-years-without-a-fight Fedor would likely have no problems at all with whatever Kimbo can bring.

Sure, when Shamrock comes in under the rope during their fight and hits the Referee and Fedor both over the head with a steel chair before Tito can make it to the ring to cover his back. Tito takes the chair upside the head from Shamrock, but the steel chair shatters on that massive cranium. Shamrock beggs off, but gets piledriven into the announcer's table.

In the meantime, the Referee comes to and sees Kimbo on top of unconscious Fedor and slaps three for the pin.

Did I forget to mention Bellator doing a special professional wrestling/ mixed martial arts card with the main event being a tag team title fight?

but to seriously answer your question - I think newer fans would think that way but my perception would be age and ring rust. Chuck Liddell wasn't getting ko'd left right and centre back in the day

This post in "UFC discussion" has nothing to do with the UFC.

Kimbo couldn't handle the fast pace. He would completely gas in the 2nd rd

No it would not change my perception of the talent level of top mma fighters
Do I think kimbo stands a chance in hell of beating Fedor , no , but could it happen ? Sure
Mma is a very strange animal , it's the only sport that's always in sudden death overtime and all it takes is one mistake

But again would it change how I feel about what it takes to become an elite mma fighter , no because the trained fighter kills the tough guy street fighter type 99% of the time in an mma fight

what if Werdum was subbed by Houston Alexander in metamoris?

Back