Killer Robots To Be Debated In Geneva And This Is A First Ever By The UN

Russia be like:
fedor-termintor.jpg

God forbid the US goes with

mma-terminator-brock-edward-lesnar.jpg

All this talk of robots killing humans. Obviously countries would make their own robots to fight the other side's robots.

That is good economics. They already have planned obsolescence for consumer goods.

Mass producing robots to destroy each other is taking it to the next level. Keeps people working.

How about a swarm of mosquito drones armed with poison? I think I'd rather have the tank.

Yeah, for sure. True biological warfare is scarier to me than robot armies. What's worse, an army of terminators or an ebola bomb set off in Times Square? I'll take the robots any day.

Really the only thing the UN can do is give other nations a rationalization for war. So if they decide no robots, then if Russia starts building robots we could invade them with relatively little judgement from other nations. But that's it, the UN has no teeth.

If our military forces are undisciplined is it possible for our kind to make a reliable robot force?????????????????? First we must excel then maybe our creations will as well.............................maybe. :icon_chee

Yeah, for sure. True biological warfare is scarier to me than robot armies. What's worse, an army of terminators or an ebola bomb set off in Times Square? I'll take the robots any day.

Really the only thing the UN can do is give other nations a rationalization for war. So if they decide no robots, then if Russia starts building robots we could invade them with relatively little judgement from other nations. But that's it, the UN has no teeth.

Or AIDS and aid to make sure people live and spread it.

Yeah biological weapons are probably the most devastating form of warfare in existence. I shutter to think about what kinds of viruses are locked up in cold storage in secret military installations.

I think it's safe to assume that all major industrial powers will be building Robots as fast as they can. Just another arms race.

the ability for humans to wipe each other out is increasing daily.

What is scary about his potentiality is, only countries with resources will ever be able to field an army of killer robots and those countries will only fight proxy wars that lead to killer robot on human pawn violence.

Exactly.

This would become just another tool with which the rich countries invade and kill poor brown and black nations. We should remember that we haven't had a rich country vs rich country war in 70 years.

So if the current 100-to-1 ratio of casualties between rich countries and poor ones isn't enough, this will do a great job of getting it closer to 500-to-1 or 1,000-to-1.

I'm filling out my Blade Runner application just in case.

We'll all be under world government anyways, so these robots will be used to police people.

You robophobes need to get over yourselves. And check that privilege.

I’m starting to think you’ll be racist against robots. Yes, robots will be people too when AI gets more advanced.

For a safe, and secure, society![/QUOTE]

You really can't be too safe, or too secure!

People who would oppose that sort of thing are the real problem. Utopia is just around the corner.

Futurama_ep67_zps5b183334.jpg

Also, don't even think about discriminating against robowurst!

50cal or higher should put it down

Back