Killer Bee Gi ripstop pants review

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Reviews' started by AgentFish, Nov 1, 2010.

1. AgentFish

AgentFish Orange Belt

First a little background:
    I started training in Judo back in 1996. Back then you had two choices for gi colors, white and unbleached. I had a few different gis during my judo training, mostly because I was super skinny (I fought under 132) and have SUPER long arms. Anyways, so when I bought a gi for BJJ, I read up on reviews online and bought a padilla and sons (which I think was a great purchase) in white (which was retarded). So after seeing my jacket look like I used it to clean the mats, despite my best efforts to keep it clean (and my inner gear whore), I decided to get a blue one. So on the boards, I saw Gorilla Fight gear was clearing out their 2009 gis at a discount. However, He only had a jacket in blue in my size (A3). I had talked with Jesse from Killer Bee about a gi, but he was convinced his A3 wouldn't fit my wingspan and he was out of stock in A4 in blue, so I figured I would order the pants so I had a complete blue gi.

Customer Service:
    Jesse is great to deal with. He is prompt in responding to emails. I had a few questions on sizing and shrinkage. He's always been great, responding quickly and without unreasonable delay. The pants arrived super quick, I think within 2-3 days.

Quality:
    I've never had ripstop pants before. The first pants for judo were the standard lightweight cotton ones. They werent great, but thats what came with gis. The pants from padilla were def an improvement, heavyweight, durable, and although A3's were too big when I got them, they shrunk to fit. They also have a cord drawstring. The killer bee pants are even nicer.

The have a thinnish cord drawstring which is both easier to tie and stays tied a little bit better than the padilla. They are a size smaller as Jesse assured me shrinkage would be minimal. They actually fit perfect. The crotch doesnt ride low so I have full range of motion in my legs and they're a bit more tailored to my legs. They are also lighter and breath better.

Overall:
    I'm very satisfied with these pants. They are super comfortable and pretty much everything I could ask for in a training pant. They were very reasonably priced. I did pay reatil price from the web site, I didn't mention I was even going to do a review of them.

*EDIT* you can find Killer Bee Gis here: Cheap Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Gi's That Are Durable and Affordable

2. goga

goga White Belt

I dont have the pants, but i just ordered a jacket (the pearl weave). A teamate has the gold weave and it looked pretty nice.

I can vouche for jesse offering good customer service thus far. He answered all ny questions via email promptly and even educated me a bit on the differences in weaves.

3. kimble09

kimble09 Green Belt

i haven't ordered from Jesse (killerbee gi) yet, but i did shoot him an email with some questions the other day...he fired a response back within hours.

both my instructors wear killerbee's, one of them just bought another...needless to say, they love the gi.

from what i can tell, it's a tapered fit, and the sleeves are slim looking. i think the patches are okay as well....

i did mention to jesse that i thought some yellow contrast stitching would be pretty sick...especially on the black gi's, to go allong with the killer bee look! hahaha!

4. goga

goga White Belt

Yeah, some contrast stitching would be sick. I should have my pearl weave top by tues. Plan on reviewing it.