Kids that don't eat breadcrust=Adults that won't?

wEqYs_.gif

yx1OA9dPNBXxthBUabwqzFuoqc1XAAjhe1ku0yq2u-mMFHoWdR3MrYcjwclmNwe7Tvj5wanHZ4AYrQL2dvTXWV5r-FT12qyAHbETBNw_i04wcjcaOlnmTohK17KwBK9RJHTRSzvCJ0dwDMbYfxoNTe0=w480-h266-nc

No joke the wife made me a sweet turkey sandwich with spinach in it to be healthy

The two right angle corners I ripped off while I was walking and tossed them into the distance

You should have tossed her into the distance for making that sandwich.

Wtf is sweet turkey? Like a turkey gummy bear?

My mom never did that for me :( she always screamed something about Africa whenever I complained about food I didn't like.

I don't even understand when people won't eat the skin of a baked potato.

People do it with fruit, too. I understand if you want to enjoy a carved apple, but when I see the skin thrown in the trash or down into the food dispenser...it's a bit upsetting. You're too good to eat the most valuable part of that food?
This is about 300 words below your average posts. What's wrong, man? You feelin sick today?

If you cut crust off of bread for your snowflake, you are part of the problem.
My son doesnt eat his crust because his grandmother started cutting them off. Why would you start doing it if the kid didnt care

It is weird seeing adults having childlike eating habbits.

I know two adults who refuse to drink strait up water. Even with taking tablets.
They drink tea/coffee or even squash but water on its own, no way for some reason.

Heh, I have a co-worker who was raised not being forced to eat vegetables, doesn't eat fish, or anything that's actually good for her, and will not eat rice if it doesn't have ketchup. She also refuses to drink water.

She hasn't ditched any of those habits and is currently pregnant with her 2nd child....

HER PARENTS FUCKED UP

Heh, I have a co-worker who was raised not being forced to eat vegetables, doesn't eat fish, or anything that's actually good for her, and will not eat rice if it doesn't have ketchup. She also refuses to drink water.

She hasn't ditched any of those habits and is currently pregnant with her 2nd child....

HER PARENTS FUCKED UP
I didn't want to get too personal but I have a middle aged family member who is one of those freaky/fussy eaters.

Literally grazes on sugary snack type foods day and night. Those weight watchers cereal bars mostly.
If she eats anything in "meal form" she'll suffer stomach pains from where she's so used to snacking on small items all day. Regardless if the meal is healthy or microwavable or not.

She also has problems with hoarding her whole life. Not sure if the fussy eating and that are related or not.

I didn't want to get too personal but I have a middle aged family member who is one of those freaky/fussy eaters.

Literally grazes on sugary snack type foods day and night. Those weight watchers cereal bars mostly.
If she eats anything in "meal form" she'll suffer stomach pains from where she's so used to snacking on small items all day. Regardless if the meal is healthy or microwavable or not.

She also has problems with hoarding her whole life. Not sure if the fussy eating and that are related or not.

Hehehe..

Someone tricked the co-worker I'm referring to into eating fish. At first she was enjoying it.. then she was told she was eating fish...

A minute later she made a face and said she didn't like it.

Hehehe..

Someone tricked the co-worker I'm referring to into eating fish. At first she was enjoying it.. then she was told she was eating fish...

A minute later she made a face and said she didn't like it.
Thats it though it must be a mental thing! This family member told me she's allergic to all sorts of things which turned out to be bullshit.
She thinks putting ketchup on her chips is exotic. Too ham, egg & chips!

When you eat shitty toast bread with shelf life of a month it is justifiable to not eat the crust, but if it is freshly baked bread and you trow the crust out you are a complete and total idiot. The crust contains those flavours of fresh bread that dissolve after a couple of hours, that is why we don't have "fresh bread" aromatizer.

I used to work in a bakery...

Fresh bread is goddamn amazing. Smelling the crust is a genuine pleasure

People do it with fruit, too. I understand if you want to enjoy a carved apple, but when I see the skin thrown in the trash or down into the food dispenser...it's a bit upsetting. You're too good to eat the most valuable part of that food?

I grew up not eating potato skin. Reasoning had nothing to do with taste, rather it had to do with not wanting pesticide. Not sure how much there would be, but my folks were kinda hippy/organic/home garden types.

when I make a sandwich of any kind, I cut it in half.
remove the bread, throw it away and just eat the guts.
being me I guess.

Last edited:

I grew up not eating potato skin. Reasoning had nothing to do with taste, rather it had to do with not wanting pesticide. Not sure how much there would be, but my folks were kinda hippy/organic/home garden types.
So did you also not eat spinach or anything from the produce aisle? Grow it all yourself? Because otherwise I think you should weigh the possibility your parents didn't think things through.

So did you also not eat spinach or anything from the produce aisle? Grow it all yourself? Because otherwise I think you should weigh the possibility your parents didn't think things through.

They just had a thing against potato skins. Not sure where they picked that up from. Actually that's not true they applied the same thinking to cucumbers, and would peal those for salads if it was store bought.

We did eat skins from the garden.

I used to work in a bakery...

Fresh bread is goddamn amazing. Smelling the crust is a genuine pleasure
Indeed, especially the crust of a quality bread made from good flour and other ingredients. That is why I try to never go into the bakery while hungry, otherwise I will end up buying too much :)

Back