Kidney stones and protien?

grapling101

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I am on a very high protien diet right now. Training with a guy that won the Southeastern Bodybuilding copmetition for the past few months. Just recently I told him that I wanted to bulk up for a couple of months and heres what he said to do.

Take 350 to 400 grams of protien a day, contiue eating clean and lift the same way we have been. I was told today by another guy that lifts I have to be carefull with that amount of protien intake cause it will cause kidney stones. How much truth is there to that? I am on 100% Whey protien, for my supplement. My weight is 215 lbs and I am 5'11.

grapling101 said:
I am on a very high protien diet right now. Training with a guy that won the Southeastern Bodybuilding copmetition for the past few months. Just recently I told him that I wanted to bulk up for a couple of months and heres what he said to do.

Take 350 to 400 grams of protien a day, contiue eating clean and lift the same way we have been. I was told today by another guy that lifts I have to be carefull with that amount of protien intake cause it will cause kidney stones. How much truth is there to that? I am on 100% Whey protien, for my supplement. My weight is 215 lbs and I am 5'11.

holy fuck! 350-400g of protein a day?! that's fucking nuts!

high protein intake slows down digestion as well as cause constipation.. u really just need 1g for every 2 pounds of body weight.. anything over that is just a waste in my own personal opinion..

if you are 215 and 5'11, why would you want to bulk up? Are you a body builder? Its ok, you can tell me:)

That's just oversaturation.

Damn.

Not only that, you gonna walk like you got raped in the ass too.

350-400 grams of protein?

Hot damn.

Well, I guess I sould cut back a little. I have noticed some gains though. Maybe cause I am lifting harder while on it.
No I am not a body builder, been training in Gracie jj for almost 8 years and just wanting some additional size and strength. Really had a hard time getting a bouncing gig cause all the bouncers around here are Arnold like. I don't think I am that big at all for my size.

Boondocksaint said:
if you are 215 and 5'11, why would you want to bulk up? Are you a body builder? Its ok, you can tell me:)
I think I am pretty thin.

grapling101 said:
I think I am pretty thin.

Well...you're NOT.

Dude, aren't you big enough. Any size increase at this point is counterproductive to fighting.

I would reccomend leaning up. im 5'11 an weigh 145, im skinny for my height, your a mad man @ that weight.

grapling101 said:
Well, I guess I sould cut back a little. I have noticed some gains though. Maybe cause I am lifting harder while on it.
No I am not a body builder, been training in Gracie jj for almost 8 years and just wanting some additional size and strength. Really had a hard time getting a bouncing gig cause all the bouncers around here are Arnold like. I don't think I am that big at all for my size.

Well, most guys here train for sport. Sounds like you want to train to look scary.

Only time and/or steroids will help you reach that goal.

Best of luck.

Back