Kid Yamamoto had one of the GOAT peaks P4P ever

Kid is one of my all time favorites dude had great wrestling,brutal power and was tough as they come.impressed me even more with some of his kickbocing fights.losing to Masato and Mike zambidis isn't shame on anyone.his fight with zambidis was a war until he got slept.i always wanted to see him and Faber fight in their primes. #RIP

Although his one loss at that time was also in a competitive fight against Uriah Faber. Bibiano basically hung with Kid Yamamoto and Uriah Faber with zero MMA experience.
which was insane, considering who faber and yamamoto were at the time. he was literally facing the two best fighters in his weight class, with nothing but jiu jitsu.

fernandes was and always will be a bad motherfucker.

His dad ruined his career by having him blow out his knees training for the olympics.

Kid was amazing. One of those almost mythical fighters that will be remembered by hardcore fans forever. He had a ton of athleticism and violence in his skillset and was a bit of an anomaly when it comes to smaller fighters. The type of fighter that is hard to replicate and likely won't be seen again or at least not often.

It's too bad he wasn't active during a time where his ideal weight classes weren't super popular. But then again, a big part of his aura is that he was fighting up weight classes and still KOing people so maybe end of the day he was fighting at the right time. His UFC run was hard to watch even though it was expected that he wasn't going to be in his prime and when it looked like he was going to win one it ended in NC due to eyepoke.

Yamamoto was a legend and also a Yakuza member. Not sure if he’s a legend within the Yakuza community though. Too scared to ask.
Stay hard, Kid.

Grange interviews Enson Inoue and he brings up Kid.

If you haven't watched it, I recommend it.

<Prem771>

Pre-knee injury Kid Yamamoto would have destroyed Faber, too bad the fight never happened. Back in the day there was always a debate between those two about who was the best.

which was insane, considering who faber and yamamoto were at the time. he was literally facing the two best fighters in his weight class, with nothing but jiu jitsu.

fernandes was and always will be a bad motherfucker.
Yeah, it is funny that Fernandes and Warren met in the finals of the Heroes 139 pound GP, because they were sort of like alternate-reality versions of each other; Warren was the wrestler who got thrown to the wolves with only wrestling to go on and ended up beating Chase Bebe and Kid Yamamoto in like, his first two fights and Fernandes the pure BJJ'ists who was competitive with Yamamoto and Faber.

I have to admit I didn't know this guy when I entered the thread. Now I desperately want to both watch his fights and buy those shorts. Thank you TS!

was fun as shit to watch in his prime. i remember it was a big deal when he first came over to the ufc.

Went back to watching some Kid fights, ended up with this beauty:

Yeah, it is funny that Fernandes and Warren met in the finals of the Heroes 139 pound GP, because they were sort of like alternate-reality versions of each other; Warren was the wrestler who got thrown to the wolves with only wrestling to go on and ended up beating Chase Bebe and Kid Yamamoto in like, his first two fights and Fernandes the pure BJJ'ists who was competitive with Yamamoto and Faber.

good point, completely agree.

warren was all wrong for KID, because yamamoto didn't really have any game off his back, and he couldn't keep joe away from him. and much the same way, bibiano was all wrong for warren, because there really was nowhere joe could fight him and not get owned. fernandes had massively improved stand up by then, not to mention he was a five time (i think?) mundials champ. i don't think i'd ever been more confident about a result of the fight than bibiano by armbar in the first round.

also, it was the DREAM tournament. we must not get our tournaments mixed up, fellow sherdog vet! off topic, but can you believe how fucking long we've been here?

Kid Yamamoto! For years they told us he was the best. He can't win ONE ROUND in the UFC!

Reactions: HHJ
Back