Kid and Sexyama

Tom Taylor

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Yes, this is a classic "where are they" thread. But I'm not wondering about Heath Herring or Sean Sherk.

Akiyama and Kid Yamamoto... Both of these guys have had a tough go in the UFC, but I haven't heard anything about either guy in months, and I don't think either has been cut. I know Akiyama was scheduled to fight Thiago Alves in Calgary but got injured.

If I'm not mistaken neither has fought since UFC 144, where they both lost. Akiyama lost to Shields, and Kid to Vaughn Lee. Still, Kid will always be one of my favorite fighters, and Akiyama is always exciting to watch, so I'd like to see more of both guys...It'd be great to see them bounce back a bit.

EDIT: if neither has a fight lined up, who would you like to see them fight?

Has anyone heard what they're up to lately? Any fight rumors floating around? Please keep the "they should retire" answers to a minimum.

Cheers, and enjoy the fights this weekend.

Last edited:
Akiyama keeps getting injured. Kid hasn't been cut (or it's not been announced at least if he has) but has no fight lined up atm.

Sexyama is recovering while doing a lot of side work like singing, tv hosting, and modeling.

I heard Akiyama & Kid both had surgery and are recovering. I think Akiyama had an ACL injury which takes a while. I'd like to see Akiyama vs Swick when he comes back. Kid just needs to fight any low tier guy jus so he can get a win. Maybe the loser of Perez/Bloodworth or John Albert who's also on a 3 fight losing streak.

Akiyama was supposed to fight Alves, but got injured

they're both marketable fighters, so as long as they beat cans or low tier guys, they'll be fine

Kid grew up, and sexy lost his looks.. It's a tragic story, really.

Kid grew up, and sexy lost his looks.. It's a tragic story, really.
:icon_neut
20121222031_zps1c51b47f.jpg

I'm gonna guess the UFC is saving them for one of their Japan cards in 2013.

such as shame Kid was destroyed by injuries

Kid has always been one of my favorite fighters. But he has never been the same since his injury. It is truly a shame most mma fans will never really get to see him fight like he used to.

What's the story behind the in ring pic with Akiyama standing close next to Misaki? Misaki scolded Akiyama after their Yaren-no-ka bout.

Akiyama is recovering and he is doing weekly TV shows in Korean. He is in a popular survival show called "jungle rules" (rough translation). He is in VERY good shape, I will post a pick if anybody wants me to.
Source: I just saw the newest episode yesterday. :)

I heard Akiyama & Kid both had surgery and are recovering. I think Akiyama had an ACL injury which takes a while. I'd like to see Akiyama vs Swick when he comes back. Kid just needs to fight any low tier guy jus so he can get a win. Maybe the loser of Perez/Bloodworth or John Albert who's also on a 3 fight losing streak.

wouldn't give kid albert, even when he lost he looked pretty good.

kid needs a squash match to build up his confidence. never seen someone with so much talent keep failing to deliver. really sad from where he was to where he is. but i guess people could always argue he was way over hyped.

still he should be training in the u.s. and should be beating guys he's recently lost to

They should both retire.

No one made the comment yet so I assumed it'd be ok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back