Kicking vs punching on the streets.

It's has to travel a lot further to the target, therefore it is more difficult to land.

Also, generally speaking (not including those who were born without arms), humans have a lot more dexterity and flexibility in their arms than their legs, which along with the relatively quicker speed (and less distance to target as you mentioned) and a structurally solid base during, before and after being deployed-- all those things combine and translate to much increased accuracy.

This is all obvious to people who like to think objectively.

Last edited:
Unless you're walking around in shorts or loose joggers at all times.....I would avoid most kicks unless you are super accurate, even then you are limited with pants/jeans................use your feet to step in and out, angle, aka elusive footwork.

Essentially it's addition by subtraction.

Depends on what kick, if you going for a flying spinning back kick then I'd say no unless you're chuck norris.

Reference punch vs elbow; As mentioned before risk is greater, but likelihood for self damage lower, quick (surprise element), can get more power behind it if you can work out how to throw one.
You also don't have any visible marks on your hands so less likely to get pulled in by the fuzz for a skirmish (looking for damaged knuckles).

Also, generally speaking (not including those who were born without arms), humans have a lot more dexterity and flexibility in their arms than their legs, which along with the relatively quicker speed (and less distance to target as you mentioned) and a structurally solid base during, before and after being deployed-- all those things combine and translate to much increased accuracy.

This is all obvious to people who like to think objectively.
if i recall correctly the original post did mention something about if you're especially good at kicking, but maybe i'm confusing that with another post from later on

Unless you're walking around in shorts or loose joggers at all times.....I would avoid most kicks unless you are super accurate, even then you are limited with pants/jeans................use your feet to step in and out, angle, aka elusive footwork.

Essentially it's addition by subtraction.
people keep saying this, but i've literally never had an issue kicking in jeans, cargo pants, or literally any other type of pants i've worn...

it's also an angle and attack few people know how to deal with effectively.
Not really, most people can't block or dodge for shit. I have knocked quite a few people out in street fights, I know what I'm talking about.

Too many variables. Punches unless the guy has a weapon then kicks I guess.

I always find these street fight threads funny because its like discussing who wins in a fight Superman or Batman with prep time. Because we all know none of us nerds discussing martial art techniques on a karate forum actively get into street fights.

Also why would you kick anyone in the head or legs when you can kick them square in the balls
i saw it myself in Trainspotting :)

CoordinatedMeekAustraliankestrel-max-1mb.gif

Not all people were gay ass tight jeans... If it's a mild season I wear chinos.

But anyway, even if I didn't, a front kick should be pretty effective. This also means he will fall forwards, which is preferable. They die like flies banging the back of the head.

Hard to know how the average Joe reads kicks but you have to include the variable that they won't expect it.

But anyway, even if I didn't, a front kick should be pretty effective. This also means he will fall forwards, which is preferable. They die like flies banging the back of the head.

Hard to know how the average Joe reads kicks but you have to include the variable that they won't expect it.
do you prefer a jacket in that sort of weather?

yall mist be grapplers
reel srikers rock jorts
enough room to kick and still have that durstian style to make the ladies swoon

I've yet to ever see someone get stopped in a fight by a single low kick

I stopped someone with a single low kick. A guy I worked with and we got into it at a party years ago. I was only 160lbs at the time and he was 250lbs, former high school football player. He tried to punch me and I kicked him with one kick and he was limping and quit. He was limping all week at work too.

I stopped someone with a single low kick. A guy I worked with and we got into it at a party years ago. I was only 160lbs at the time and he was 250lbs, former high school football player. He tried to punch me and I kicked him with one kick and he was limping and quit. He was limping all week at work too.
and then everyone clapped

banned again, that don't seem right... i'm a bit, oh wait not really.

Punching wins.

High and middle kick are risky and can be caught grabbed or smothered by someone that rushes you.

Low kicks are a cumulative effect, they don't stop people, they slowly wear them down. A long term tactic in a 30 second street fight is not smart.

All the adrenaline, someone will eat those kicks and not feel them until it's over

Back