Kickin' it old school

Discussion in 'The Arcade' started by Cptn1NSAN0, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Cptn1NSAN0

Cptn1NSAN0 shows no mercy

I'm at the point where my PS4 is collecting dust, and I don't really wanna buy EA Sports UFC since I can't even beat the demo which is locked on easy mode. This, combined with the nostalgia I felt after playing GTA 3 on my girlfriend's PS2 for hours after she fell asleep, has put me in a super old school mood as far as gaming.

So I decided to fire up my original Xbox a couple of days ago and play through some old titles, as well as take inventory of what has gone missing from my collection over the years. Right away I got a new character started in Star Wars: KOTOR (hence the av), which has all but consumed my free time, effectively squashing any semblance of a social life, as well as reminding me why and how I got such shitty grades in middle school. Also here's this:
    [​IMG]

I'm keeping my eyes on Ebay for copies of Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, Jade Empire, Halo 2 and Star Wars: KOTOR 2.

Have any of you jabronis decided to throw it back recently in similar fashion, or have any old school titles you recommend playing?

2. BobSappIsMyDad

BobSappIsMyDad Handsome Boy Graduate

I fire up Tony hawk's pro skater every now and then.

3. dAfTiE

dAfTiE Brown Belt

I just reinstalled anachronox again.
    Great game even if it looks like total shit now.

4. fightingrabbit

fightingrabbit Banned Banned

Not Xbox, but Fallout 2. I was playing it and it was pretty awesome. But i was shitting away a lot of time on it. Now if i went back to it i wouldn't remember where i left off or how to play. But if i had time to shit i would play it again.

Time shitting.

5. TheFirstEMP

TheFirstEMP Overdone and dry! Platinum Member

Wouldn't mind a day trying to beat Silent Hill 1-3 on my PS3. That'd be fun.

6. countswagula

countswagula Gold Belt

The one Xbox game I was super jealous of when I had a PS2 was Jade Empire. I played the PC version years later, but never finished it. Now tempted to give it another go.

7. LEGS MAHONEY

LEGS MAHONEY genetically modified man shark

If you havent already check out the first three jak and daxter game. One of my favs personally

8. Crimson Fury

Crimson Fury Elijah Modnar

Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow Over Mystara

[​IMG]

X-Men vs Street Fighter

[​IMG]

9. Dinkin_Flicka

Dinkin_Flicka So easy it's hard

Got one of the Bluetooth game controller s for my phone to run emulators and have been rocking Secret of Mana. The Galaxy Note 3 has a huge screen and with the gamepad it feels like I'm playing on a handheld instead of a phone.

10. Damianj

Damianj Brown Belt

No shame in playing the original Xbox. That was a damn good system that really took home gaming to the next level that PS2 couldn't go. Lots of awesome games on that console.

But when I "kick it old school", I break out the NES for some Contra or SNES for some Mario World. I'd just bought my first house when the original Xbox came out.

11. Gunners

Gunners Poutine Master

bought Breath of Fire 2, Super Metroid on wii-=u virtual console...both games are amazing.!

12. Blayt7hh

Blayt7hh Steel Belt

I don't replay games a lot, but every once in a while I get the itch to replay something from a long time back or something I never tried. Earlier today I saw that Suikoden 2 is probably going to be released on the PSN. That is a game I will replay even though I played it on an emulator like 5 years ago. Hopefully it comes to Vita, that would be really convenient

13. GearSolidMetal

GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom. Platinum Member

I play 8-bit and 16-bit games on my Note 2 smartphone, with a bluetooth gaming controller.

I'd love to play PS1/N64 games on it.

14. dAfTiE

dAfTiE Brown Belt

For some reason I was sure I had seen suikoden on the ps vita store, but I guess I was mistaken. But yeah, most if not all the ps one classic releases work on the vita/psp.

15. IFightInVegas

IFightInVegas The Bourbonator Platinum Member

I play NES/SNES games on a laptop with emulators.. I still love Castlevania, and Kung-Fu

16. Satsui Ryu

Satsui Ryu Black Belt

Suikoden 1 is on there. I think Suikoden 2 coming to PSN was just a rumor as I heard about it a long time ago with nothing happening. The rumor started I believe when apparently the ESRB was reviewing the game.

I recently bought an Ouya for emulation and I am loving it. Just finished Donkey Kong Country and speaking of Suikoden 2 I am currently playing it right now. When I am done with my main games I will switch over to MAME to play anyone of the CPS1/2 or SNK fighting games and play those for a little bit. There is absolutely no reason for me to buy a next gen system for a very long time for me.

17. Crimson Fury

Crimson Fury Elijah Modnar

Too bad Zbattle/Z-Net isn't around anymore. I could play some TMNT Tournament Fighters.