Kickboxing vs. Muay Thai: "The Fight That Changed History"

Saw "The fight that changed history" shared on my Facebook a week or so ago. It was a good watch, I enjoyed it. Cheers for the great effort.

Saw "The fight that changed history" shared on my Facebook a week or so ago. It was a good watch, I enjoyed it. Cheers for the great effort.

Thanks man! The breakdown received a lot of sharing by my Muay Thai friends on FB. Totally didn't expect it.

It should also be noted that fighting through a broken jaw is pretty crazy. Very few people are that kind of tough.

The only other thing I can think of that's comparable is when Sakmongkol dislocated his should like 3 - 4 times while fighting Ubeda yet still managed to win by breaking Ubeda's arm with a kick. I could be wrong about this but I think that was a king's birthday event, huge audience event of thais vs. farang and throwing in the towel with your whole country watching and their honor on the line probably just wasn't even an option for Sak. But then again, if you watch his fight with Jongsanon you know he's tough as nails and doesn't quit anyway.

I have seen both Roufus bros fight in person. Rick is still very popular in north america, he gets a huge pop from the crowd. He actually didn't do too badly in the K-1 north america bracket, a few years back, even though he was past his prime. Duke I saw lose to Marvin Eastman. I remember talking to him about it here, when he more actively posted on sherdog. He looked good in that fight until marvin broke one of Duke's ribs.

The only other thing I can think of that's comparable is when Sakmongkol dislocated his should like 3 - 4 times while fighting Ubeda yet still managed to win by breaking Ubeda's arm with a kick. I could be wrong about this but I think that was a king's birthday event, huge audience event of thais vs. farang and throwing in the towel with your whole country watching and their honor on the line probably just wasn't even an option for Sak. But then again, if you watch his fight with Jongsanon you know he's tough as nails and doesn't quit anyway.

I have seen both Roufus bros fight in person. Rick is still very popular in north america, he gets a huge pop from the crowd. He actually didn't do too badly in the K-1 north america bracket, a few years back, even though he was past his prime. Duke I saw lose to Marvin Eastman. I remember talking to him about it here, when he more actively posted on sherdog. He looked good in that fight until marvin broke one of Duke's ribs.

[YT]J-XlJl8U4Xg[/YT]

Kings Birthday, 1999, for their first match together. Epic bout, it was crazy to watch him try to pop it back in during the fight. Benny talks about his fight with Suzuki basically the way you talked about Ubeda vs. Sakmongkol haha.

I used to have chronic shoulder dislocations myself before I had surgery to fix it. I could see someone maybe popping their shoulder in and continuing after one time. I used to do it and continue training sometimes...before it finally go too severe for that. But 3 or 4 times? Oh hell no.

Most YT commenters are trash. No surprise they missed the point of the video.

I used to have chronic shoulder dislocations myself before I had surgery to fix it. I could see someone maybe popping their shoulder in and continuing after one time. I used to do it and continue training sometimes...before it finally go too severe for that. But 3 or 4 times? Oh hell no.

Here's a funny / absurd fight haha -- Te Huna dislocates shoulder, screams in pain. Ref pauses the fight / tends to it, corner pops it back in, fight continues... and wins.

[YT]uEozt2Wqa9M[/YT]

^^ Funny stuff. Doesn't seem right though, if Te Huna couldn't continue and defend himself then the other guy should have won the right right there and then imo.

But that makes me cringe because I went through it so many times and it was so painful...

Just had to say, watched 90% of your videos on youtube. Love them all, keep them coming.

The benny one you just uploaded is great, love how its 50% history lesson, 50% technical breakdown.

Just had to say, watched 90% of your videos on youtube. Love them all, keep them coming.

The benny one you just uploaded is great, love how its 50% history lesson, 50% technical breakdown.

I love editing the historic pieces =). Very happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakdowns. My articles will resume soon!

Here's a great interview of Rick Roufus - Interview on BB.

In it you find out that the man who threw in the ice to buy time is Saeksan Janjira, one of America's well known MT coaches. He later went on to coach Rick :).

Back