Kickboxing legend Branko Cikatic treated badly by the IMFA

Stephen Fox is a creep. He always had a bad rep on the forums going back to the K-1 FANS days...
serious, i was not very active in the MT section over there, but i always assumed he was well respected. i missed the negativity around his persona. But even so, he is well in his right to choose to ignore Branko.

serious, i was not very active in the MT section over there, but i always assumed he was well respected. i missed the negativity around his persona. But even so, he is well in his right to choose to ignore Branko.
Granted, it's been a long time and I can't remember anything specific, I just remember negative talk about Stephen Fox. He certainly comes off like a creep lol.

@anorak am I wrong about this?

Let me ask a friend from back in th K-1fans days... He knows much about that.

Last edited:
He says that there was always some talk about Stephen Fox but kind of like the same shit all other promoters get. He was far from the worst promotor active in the time..

Last edited:
cro cop was trained and managed by Cikatic early in his career. Cikatic brought him to k1 and long story short took most of his fight purses and then threatened to kill him
I’ve heard that he was in pretty deep with organized crime. Not to mention that he erroneously accused Cro Cop of participating in the genocides against the Serbs.

He says that there was always some talk about Stephen Fox but kind of like the same shit all other promoters get. He was far from the worst promotor active in the time..
he's a racist who talks shit about the way Thais look and trys to push pretty boy European fighters like Antoine Pinto. The whole "second" season of The Contender Asia was a joke you had Kem Sitsongpeenong who should've been on the show but gets cut due to not speaking English. Then you have him giving his fighters undeserved title shots like when Tum Mardsua fought Yodsanklai.

he's a racist who talks shit about the way Thais look and trys to push pretty boy European fighters like Antoine Pinto. The whole "second" season of The Contender Asia was a joke you had Kem Sitsongpeenong who should've been on the show but gets cut due to not speaking English. Then you have him giving his fighters undeserved title shots like when Tum Mardsua fought Yodsanklai.
That’s pretty bizarre, a Muaythai promoter that is racist against thias. That’s like a NASCAR executive hating whites with a third grade education.

The term "racism" has lost all value to me. Give it a few months and he will be called racist for the lack of black people on the Contender. Is it racist to exclude anyone for not speaking english? No, He creates a TV format, and that wont work if the main characters cant communicate, (Also not racism, more likely a learned lesson from season 1 with Yodsaenklai also not speaking english) Giving your own fighter a title shot is not a crime. Every promotor does that. And who cares? as long as the judging is not corrupt.

The term "racism" has lost all value to me. Give it a few months and he will be called racist for the lack of black people on the Contender. Is it racist to exclude anyone for not speaking english? No, He creates a TV format, and that wont work if the main characters cant communicate, (Also not racism, more likely a learned lesson from season 1 with Yodsaenklai also not speaking english) Giving your own fighter a title shot is not a crime. Every promotor does that. And who cares? as long as the judging is not corrupt.
when Kem already won two tournaments to get into the show and there was no "English rule in place".

https://thescienceof8limbs.com/2009/08/05/whatever-happened-to-khem/

Didn't Kem also have to sign with Fairtex for the show too? Then when it fell through he immediately left. It was certainly a strange situation on how that all worked out.

Well he said "He is a racist that...", not "I consider him a racist, because of..."

Didn't Kem also have to sign with Fairtex for the show too? Then when it fell through he immediately left. It was certainly a strange situation on how that all worked out.
He was never really a Fairtex fighter he was only going by Kem Fairtex for the show he was alway going to be a Sitsongpeenong fighter. Once the show fell through he started to go by Sitsongpeenong seeing how Fairtex could no longer make any money off the show.

Branko has scammed many people, including fighters.

Also ask Crocop what he thinks of Branko.
This. Branco was involved in very shady stuff. An absolute lowlife and criminal. It is quite possible he had people killed.

Really the wrong person to feel empathy for.

IMO, about the dead, only good is hypocrisy.

It’s a Greek/Latin proverb, and our Romanian friend didn’t cite it correctly. Correct one is: “About dead - only good or nothing... but truth”.

It’s a Greek/Latin proverb, and our Romanian friend didn’t cite it correctly. Correct one is: “About dead - only good or nothing... but truth”.
Like a bear, brother! But our proverb doesn"t continue. It is basically if you haven"t said anything about him until his death, after only good about him in order to respect his family and not only (his memory).

It is even a movie, Only good about the dead ones: https://ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/Despre_morți_numai_de_bine

Honestly some people don"t deserve to be helped, but if any man near death would ask for my help and if I can help I will help. In Nordic region certainly the people are colder and they treat you fair, but I hope in Russia they are not the same because of the Slavic blood. He wasn"t guilty of genocide or something like that.

Like a bear, brother! But our proverb doesn"t continue. It is basically if you haven"t said anything about him until his death, after only good about him in order to respect his family and not only (his memory).

It is even a movie, Only good about the dead ones: https://ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/Despre_morți_numai_de_bine

Honestly some people don"t deserve to be helped, but if any man near death would ask for my help and if I can help I will help. In Nordic region certainly the people are colder and they treat you fair, but I hope in Russia they are not the same because of the Slavic blood. He wasn"t guilty of genocide or something like that.
thats the bar? Only genocide is unforgivable?

thats the bar? Only genocide is unforgivable?

No, speaking about the former Yugoslavia, you treat him like a criminal.

And it"s not like Ubeda wasn"t a corrupt referee, but when I heard he is in hospital with stroke or something I really wished him the best. I mean I was happy to hear he got healthy now. I simply don"t understand why Branko was so hated, besides a dirty style of fighting. A man who loved so much his family...

Back