Kickboxing legend Branko Cikatic treated badly by the IMFA

Broadcast

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The International Federation of Muaythai Associations is under heavy fire.

Combat Page, a Croatian Facebook page that advocates kickboxing legend Branko Ciktic, among others, expressed their dissatisfaction about how the recently deceased fighter was treated by the IMFA.

The critically ill Cikatic is said to have been scandalized by IFMA, Combat Page claims that they ignored him. Cikatic ran into financial difficulties when he fell ill.

Combat Page made a statement. The IFMA posted an in memoriam about Cikatic which is really pathetic for them and the fans. They therefore want the IFMA to remove it.

Totally ignored
"Branko sent more than 10 emails directly to IFMA Stephan Fox about multiple issues that can be quickly resolved by Bangkok and no one has ever answered him," said Combat Page.

AAdTsIE.jpg

https://www.vechtsportinfo.nl/

Well, thats karma..
Stephen Fox is an honest man, and has a good reputation. Branko, however, was known to treat others like shit, and a far from decent businessman.

Well, thats karma..
Stephen Fox is an honest man, and has a good reputation. Branko, however, was known to treat others like shit, and a far from decent businessman.
In my country we have a word: about the dead only good! But did you read at least the full post of the newspaper? Plus here we talk about a severely ill person, you can forgive. Otherwise if they would have not been in good relationships like the post could tell, he would not have asked for help. Moreover if he would have been such a bad man I doubt he would not have been proud to ask for help.

IMFA can also come with a response, but they have enough of money, could have helped Branko with some dozens of thousands. Or maybe he asked for different help, no idea. His daughter was also looking for help. He had a great relationship with her, I personally think he was a good man.

We could have had a charity.

Last edited:
Personally I am amazed Croatia does not have fundraisers, Romania has at least 5-6 big charity companies and many other small NGOs but which can"t support usually big sums to be honest. Some are for kids with cancer but not only. They also help the old people and not just the poors. Croatia should have cared more about him, something public to do.

It is said to hear a K-1 champion was not helped. Put his country on the map.

Well, thats karma..
Stephen Fox is an honest man, and has a good reputation.
Stephen Fox is a creep. He always had a bad rep on the forums going back to the K-1 FANS days...

I know Stephen Fox as trying to "modernize" MT with kickboxing scoring and no music. No idea what the Croatia drama is all about though.

MT should not be modernized, they should start in their traditional sport and migrate to kickboxing. MT is a tradition, is part of a culture. The MT music is very important for me in a stadium. And MT in old stadiums is greater.

In Europe we don"t kill our cultures. Maybe in Britain is different, no idea. Well, the West has killed many, but they didn"t bomb for example houses with historic importance.

It will suck if South East Asia will be swallowed by such thing. They tend to trust people like Mr Fox, because they copy the Americans. But the Americans are different, the society is newer and differently built. Otherwise when I am watching History TV, the Americans are respecting more their old objects as part of the history (great prices in pawns). Just the houses not.

Anyway, just saying... People in Asia think it"s important to build skyscrapers and the rest to live in tents! At least China is more different a bit at least.

I say MT like it, a very old sport, is important. The old stadiums are also important.

In my country we have a word: about the dead only good! But did you read at least the full post of the newspaper? Plus here we talk about a severely ill person, you can forgive. Otherwise if they would have not been in good relationships like the post could tell, he would not have asked for help. Moreover if he would have been such a bad man I doubt he would not have been proud to ask for help.

IMFA can also come with a response, but they have enough of money, could have helped Branko with some dozens of thousands. Or maybe he asked for different help, no idea. His daughter was also looking for help. He had a great relationship with her, I personally think he was a good man.

Well he wasn't dead when he asked for help so your saying doesn't apply. Not to mention, like most sayings, this saying is pretty stupid when taken literally (Hitler is dead too, right?)
It sounds like a situation we can't really judge anybody for. Branko was well known to be quite a piece of work at times, it may or may not be the case that IFMA had a legitimate serious grudge against him.

If they couldn"t forgive and if there was a big beef between them, they could have at least responded to his e-mails. Anyway, why would he send 10 mails if the relation wasn"t close?

Now the IMFA talks about him, it"s pretty hypocritical.

Piece of work in what way? Because he was a dirty fighter? Not the first dirty fighter in the world, this is the job of the referee.

Branko has scammed many people, including fighters.

Also ask Crocop what he thinks of Branko.

IAnyway, why would he send 10 mails if the relation wasn"t close?

I get spammed dozen of emails from people I don't know all the time, doesn't mean we're close. If someone doesn't respond to a couple of my emails and it's important, then I just call them or contact someone else.

I get spammed dozen of emails from people I don't know all the time, doesn't mean we're close. If someone doesn't respond to a couple of my emails and it's important, then I just call them or contact someone else.
So you're not going to give me that 10k I asked for then? :(

According to the the post of Croatian Combat Page, he was working with IMFA.

So you're not going to give me that 10k I asked for then? :(

Ah sorry, your 10 emails were in my spam folder so I didn't see them. Is it still time to send the money or you're already dead?

According to the the post of Croatian Combat Page, he was working with IMFA.

Well then surely he should have had at least a phone number or a different way to contact them than just 1 email address. There's always 2 sides to a story.

Went over to K-1 FANS Forum (which has been dead for years) to see if I could dig up some old dirt on Stephen Fox but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working anymore :(

IMO, about the dead, only good is hypocrisy.. He took a lot of money from a lot of people, and only seemed to set his pride away and ask for help when he is desperate. So to put it different, Branko only cared about Branko. There is always room for forgivenis, but it has to be sincere. If we had a fight, you can always call me to talk it out, but only if you are sincere. if its because you need something from me, i would put you back to ignore.

IFMA isnt responsible for Branko's fate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back