x8WK1ZJ.jpg

Fighter of the Year: Sittichai / Takeru

Knock Out of the Year: Marat Grigorian vs Superbon Banchamek

Female Fighter of the Year: Anissa Meksen

Upset of the Year: Ren Hiramoto vs Kaew Weerasakreck

Event of the Year: K'Festa 1

Fight of the Year: Tenshin Nasukawa vs Rodtang Jitmuangnon

Breakthrough Fighter of the Year: Tenshin Nasukawa

Round of the Year: Hiroto Yamaguchi vs Hideki (Round 2)

Singdam getting knocked out by a spinning kick was horrible to watch, but one of the best KO’s in my opinion.

Takeru vs Koji was also a really good fight.

Singdam getting knocked out by a spinning kick was horrible to watch, but one of the best KO’s in my opinion.

Yea, watched that KO couple times today and considered it, but choose Marats KO because it seemed more relevant to the kickboxing landscape.

Takeru vs Koji was also a really good fight.

Amazing fight just like Yamazaki vs Rukiya, but at no point really close.

LOL, honestly didn't even know you had a website. Feel free to throw that link in your opening post at least the content is right there and you aren't forcing someone to follow the link, unlike others...

This is great stuff right here. If you want to start your own ranking or need suggestion I am sure posters here are willing to help. You have consistently contributed to this forum and the kickboxing community unlike someone here...

LOL, honestly didn't even know you had a website. Feel free to throw that link in your opening post at least the content is right there and you aren't forcing someone to follow the link, unlike others...

haha, just the facebook and instagram I have in my signature. maybe I will work on a website as well this year.

Didn't really advertise it here, because most things I post there are just reposts from here and twitter. Pretty basic stuff.

This is great stuff right here. If you want to start your own ranking or need suggestion I am sure posters here are willing to help. You have consistently contributed to this forum and the kickboxing community unlike someone here...

appreciate it! :D

Right time to create a ranking system man, your pages are big and have reach-recognizement, the sport needs another guy on the KB media doing ranks, also i need it to create more wiki pages :(

i want to do Haruma Saikyo, Rukiya and many others that deserve but arent able of being on the wiki requirements.

I follow you on Facebook and appreciate your contents, good job.

I'd probably argue that both the fighter of the year and breakthrough fighter of the year is Petch, but I can see why you chose what you chose.

Good work bro these are real profesional picks. IMO Petpanomrung deserved at least one award - KO of the year OR breakthrough fighter of the year OR fighter of the year - but I could be completely biased.

not that impressed with Takeru - even though his fights are awesome to watch - and Sittichai winning all the time is old news by now. someone compared their 2018's big wins - van Roosmalen and Marat Grigorian - and the fact that on a vacuum Marat may be a better win but since it's Sittichai's 4th win over him while Petpanomrung beat RvR in a revenge match makes it seem much more impressive.

Anyway I second that you should work on a rankings system. don't know what's the best way to set it up though. rankings that are 100% "objective" (based on who-beat-who) are always bound to look silly due to freak wins and robberies.

@Yodsanan has taken his experience from Sherdog and translated it to a successful social media endeavour full of likes and retweets thanks to hot J-Kick takes and GIF whoring. He's like the Sittichai of Kickfight media.

Haha, leaving my bias outside was hard and most likely played a part as well. I agree that Pet probably should have won an award. :confused:

KO of the Year was the hardest for me to do, because I like to combine relevance of the fight with the actual quality of the KO. And it's tough to weight in both of those criterias. Like this KO (Rira vs Kota) is obviously better, but doesn't matter much in the bigger picture.

bD3aV65.gif

Superbon vs Marat was a better quality match up on paper, with a more surprising outcome, that's why I chose it over Pets flying kick.

I feel every year people are trying to discredit Sittichai, in an attempt to not give him fighter of the year. Off all kickboxers he got the most quality wins this year (Baya,Jauncey,Marat, Beztati) and his one sided fight against Baya comes close to Pets performance against RVR.

Breakthrough Fighter was kinda unfair, with Tenshin getting his shot at mainstream fame and being the most talked about kickboxer in 2018. If we're talking about actual fights, Petpanomrung definitely deserved the award.

Right time to create a ranking system man, your pages are big and have reach-recognizement, the sport needs another guy on the KB media doing ranks, also i need it to create more wiki pages :(

i want to do Haruma Saikyo, Rukiya and many others that deserve but arent able of being on the wiki requirements.

I'd love to do a ranking, but to be honest I mostly agree with combat press so I feel like it would be kinda redundant. :eek:

Last edited:
@Yodsanan has taken his experience from Sherdog and translated it to a successful social media endeavour full of likes and retweets thanks to hot J-Kick takes and GIF whoring. He's like the Sittichai of Kickfight media.

gif whoring > actual insightful commentary about whats happening in the kickboxing world. :p

Kickboxing is something about Karate but it seems it can't be alive without Thais. LOL

Yeah i think Pet had the performance of the year against RvR

Pet is great but he is in that Glory hole (slump) sorta like Sitti and Rico. There's around 0 or 1 interesting fight for them in Glory.

RvR matchup was kind of ruined by RvR missing weight, not being able to retain the title if he won and Glory booting him from the weight class so he seemingly had near 0 interest in trying to win the fight after it was clear he'd have to really really try if he wanted the win.

The thing is whatever organisation they go to would be the same, maybe 1 interesting matchup, apart from maybe One FC where there seems to be quite a lot of interesting fighters now at FW and LW.

I'm also fed up with seeing RvR fight Sittichai or Petch, he always has the same approach and so do they in beating him.

Pet is great but he is in that Glory hole (slump) sorta like Sitti and Rico. There's around 0 or 1 interesting fight for them in Glory.

RvR matchup was kind of ruined by RvR missing weight, not being able to retain the title if he won and Glory booting him from the weight class so he seemingly had near 0 interest in trying to win the fight after it was clear he'd have to really really try if he wanted the win.

Last edited:
I can understand your picks. but i do get a feeling your a bit too japanese minded.
Tayfun Ozcan Knocked out Souwer and Khamal and went 4-0 in 2018.
Petch manhandled Robin van Roosmalen and went 3-0 in 2018 and his KO against Ezbiri was a clear lights out jumping head kick and of much more beauty then Grigorans KO vs Superbon.
Holzken vs Cosmo was also a nicer KO, Yod vs Regis was a better KO.
Im not saying you are wrong, but you should have asked your Shertarted brothers for advice before handing out these awards.. :)

I can understand your picks. but i do get a feeling your a bit too japanese minded.
Tayfun Ozcan Knocked out Souwer and Khamal and went 4-0 in 2018.
Petch manhandled Robin van Roosmalen and went 3-0 in 2018 and his KO against Ezbiri was a clear lights out jumping head kick and of much more beauty then Grigorans KO vs Superbon.
Holzken vs Cosmo was also a nicer KO, Yod vs Regis was a better KO.
Im not saying you are wrong, but you should have asked your Shertarted brothers for advice before handing out these awards.. :)

Those type of awards are always subjective anyway. The way to see it is "Kickboxing 2018 year-end awards from Yodsanan's perspectiv" :)

Back