KICK DAY AT our gym

king of theRing

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
this class is one hell of a mental strain if never done it. Non stop various kicks and knees for 60 mins. Should do about 1500 or more.

Why is every single roundkick going upward? Practice armpit kicks? Or bad hips?

I was thinking the same, no turning the hip over at all.

Looks like it's more to do with the pad holder though. I hate it when people hold kick shields like that

When it comes to the newer people. Its a little of both tbh. I still have to correct them mid kicks for me. And I hate pausing when I'm on a good role. But when your not only new, but never done this, even if you start off with technique, it won't last long. You don't see many gyms in the states who do a kick day class

When it comes to the newer people. Its a little of both tbh. I still have to correct them mid kicks for me. And I hate pausing when I'm on a good role. But when your not only new, but never done this, even if you start off with technique, it won't last long. You don't see many gyms in the states who do a kick day class

I like days focused on kicks. But doing 100's of kicks with sloppy technique is just gonna make it harder down the road to correct the technique. Repetition is good, if you are repeating good technique over and over. It looks like the only benefit you are getting from the class if paired up with a beginner, is a good cardio workout. But the muscle memory you are doing to the body might give you some really stiff hips.

I've always liked Mcsweeny though. Seems like a really good guy

You guys see that a lot of people in the vid are beginners right? I’m sure mcsweeney can properly teach roundkicks.

Nice! I didn't realise James McSweeney coached!

He's been doing it for at least 5 years now. He tried to open a gym in Soi Taied, the street with both Tiger muay thai and Phuket top team but wasn't successful. Tried the same in Australia but also failed. Maybe third time's a charm?

He's been doing it for at least 5 years now. He tried to open a gym in Soi Taied, the street with both Tiger muay thai and Phuket top team but wasn't successful. Tried the same in Australia but also failed. Maybe third time's a charm?
Hopefully! Wishing him the best

Everything is good here. I remember the Thailand was going to fail or be a massive hit. Sadly that one was due to politics from what I've heard cause it was growing fast, but quite a few fighters were either leaving gyms on the street for him or cross training, and it was not liked

Back