Khusein Askhabov 23-0

Fesaine

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm surprised this guy isn't getting any attention. He's only 26 years old but with a record of 23-0. And on the third-longest win streak in MMA after khabib and amosov.

He's fighting Joanderson Brito in dana white contender series on august 31.

I only know of him because he might be the only fighter I've seen from Luxembourg / living there

He has 9 fights in 1 year (2013) could be a record. While Khamzat has 9 fights in his entire career.

I only know of him because he might be the only fighter I've seen from Luxembourg / living there
Yeah, they say he is Chechen, but his nationality looks like Luxembourg on paper, similar to Khamzat being from Sweden thing.

Curious to see what his undoctored ammy record is. I bet he's got some losses.

he hasnt fought one noteworthy opponent yet, so u really cant make any judgement on him tbh. 23-0 is pretty awesome tho
Was my thoughts as well. Interestingly, his only split decision victory was against a 0-5 fighter (whom has been finished in all other 4 fights). But he could just have had a bad day...

In this day and age 23-0 means something, regardless of promotion.
Not in Russia/Ukraine. It is very common to engineer undefeated records there.

At age 21, Askhabov had already amassed a 19-0 record. For his 7th fight, the 6-0 Askhabov fought an 0-3 can. His 9th fight was 8-0 vs 0-0. His 10th was 9-0 vs 0-2 and went to a split decision. That opponent is now 0-5 and was finished in each of his other 4 fights. Askhabov's 12th fight was 11-0 vs 1-1 and his 13th was 12-0 vs 2-2.

Since 2016, he has only fought 4 times. In his most recent fight, he put his 22-0 record on the line against a 19-year-old opponent who only had 3 fights.

At age 21, Askhabov had already amassed a 19-0 record. For his 7th fight, the 6-0 Askhabov fought an 0-3 can. His 9th fight was 8-0 vs 0-0. His 10th was 9-0 vs 0-2 and went to a split decision. That opponent is now 0-5 and was finished in each of his other 4 fights. Askhabov's 12th fight was 11-0 vs 1-1 and his 13th was 12-0 vs 2-2.

Since 2016, he has only fought 4 times. In his most recent fight, he put his 22-0 record on the line against a 19-year-old opponent who only had 3 fights.

Ah, fair enough. You bring good points.

I wonder whats the win-loss combined record for his opponents.

It's true that most of his opponents are cans but you can still see that he's talented.

/thread

He's a talented kid. I mean people shouldn't read too much into the numbers of the record. But usually we allow 5 can fights for your record, he has like 9 good wins, so in essence he's 14-0 as someone who has overworked the regional scene a lot. He's ATT so he's in good hands, I think he can be a serious contender.

He has 9 fights in 1 year (2013) could be a record. While Khamzat has 9 fights in his entire career.

Yeah, they say he is Chechen, but his nationality looks like Luxembourg on paper, similar to Khamzat being from Sweden thing.
In Russian and Chechen Wiki he listed as French and they say that he lives in Paris.

Very interesting fighter, but Brito is by far the best fighter he's ever fought. It's probably a main card FN quality fight.

There's loads of great fighters to keep an eye on in the Contender Series this year. Jake Hadley, Anton Turkalj, Hugo Cunha, Azamat Murzakanov, Jailton Junior, Nasrudin Nasrudinov, Caio Borralho, Solomon Renfro, Daniel Zellhuber, Michael Morales, Julia Polastri to name just a few of them.

Well now hes on my radar thanks op :). Ladt years contenders haven't done very well so far for the most part but I'm looking forward to this year's series even if we don't get any future title challengers out of it . It's a nice mid week MMA boost with a little reality show twist too :)

I'm surprised this guy isn't getting any attention. He's only 26 years old but with a record of 23-0. And on the third-longest win streak in MMA after khabib and amosov.

He's fighting Joanderson Brito in dana white contender series on august 31.

7 wins away from being the GOAT to many people lol

Back