Khizr Khan's Profession Shed's light on Anti-Trump speech at DNC...

You know I'm against torture right? I guess we're opposites on a lot of things.
I figured you would be as a devoted Christian. Do you object on religious grounds, on its questionable effectiveness, both?
However, IIRC you aren't against all forms of violence, and that's definitely at odds with Christianity.

The guys son is a hero, but he himself is a scumbag lawyer that wants to flood the country with Islamic settlers, and places shariah law above all others. He's not some random they pulled up, this guy has been connected to the Clinton foundation for a long time.

I figured you would be as a devoted Christian. Do you object on religious grounds, on its questionable effectiveness, both?
However, IIRC you aren't against all forms of violence, and that's definitely at odds with Christianity.
I think that torture is demonic in spirit. Does it work? I don't know.

I'm for the death penalty though. It should be pretty quick though.

I think that torture is demonic in spirit. Does it work? I don't know.

I'm for the death penalty though. It should be pretty quick though.
Fair enough.
Morality should be consistent but the world has changed a lot since JC was trodding the sand.

Even the non poor and educated Muslims have done stuff like that.

Yes, they have. Many have also become fully integrated members of Western Society who contribute greatly to science and medicine. They are far from the norm, but they are out there. It is important to remember that there are no "moderate voices" coming from the ME because as soon as they raise their voice, a group like ISIS cuts their tounge out, or worse.

Last edited:
It's a difficult world to navigate, morally and intellectually.
In a way, I envy rip, whose morality always tells him the answer before there's even a question.
Torture is just one example: it doesn't bother me in the least that KSM was waterboarded. Not even a tiny bit.

I feel the same way. I would love to be able to referee the moral football game from the intellectual sidelines without ever having to play. I'm not even saying he's the only one doing that. There are a lot of absolute thinkers in our country. I run into them every day. I don't know if you saw the Pope bashfest going on the other day in here. Lot of it going around in there. There are literal millions of people in the West who want to lecture the rest of us on our morality without ever having thiers tested. I get tired of hearing about it, even when it comes from well meaning people who aren't doing it on purpose and don't even realize that they've never really, truely answered a moral question in their lives.

As a prominent war vet Republican just said, he's earned the right to say whatever he wants.

Now your sperm earns you stuff?

GTFO

His son was an adult and his dad is ruining his image as much as Trump.

Yes, they have. Many have also become fully integrated members of Western Society who contrubute greatly to science and medicine. They are far from the norm, but they are out there. It is important to remember that there are no "moderate voices" coming from the ME because as soon as they raise their voice, a group like ISIS cuts their tounge out, or worse.

Well I think its not unreasonable to request moderate Muslims to differitiate themselves from the radicals. I understand the threat facing them if they do so I won't hold it against them if they choose not to for that reason. But then they shouldn't hold it against us if we, with the same threat facing us, decide to just wave a broad brush and be done with it.

GTFO

The parents of people killed at Benghazi have been given free rein to say what they wish about Hillary. Did their sperm earn them stuff? Their kids were adults. It goes both ways.

Last edited:
Well I think its not unreasonable to request moderate Muslims to differitiate themselves from the radicals. I understand the threat facing them if they do so I won't hold it against them if they choose not to for that reason. But then they shouldn't hold it against us if we, with the same threat facing us, decide to just wave a broad brush and be done with it.

I'm just saying we can't discriminate against an entire group without compromising our morals, without compromising what we stand for as a country. The far left is correct in that. Where I disagree with them is that they seem to feel that we don't get to be selective in that process.That we have to take EVERYBODY to keep up appearances. That individual dudes are the street need to be some sort of representation of foriegn policy. That we don't get to have the option of saying "we think there is about a 13% chance you might be a lurking radical islamist, so for no other reason than your religious inclinations, get f**ked, we aren't letting you in". I absolutely think we should be able to do that. That isn't relgious discrimination in my eyes. Banning an entire religion out of hand is.

And not every Muslim feels that way. I've been knee deep in the Muslim World. There are plenty of people who just want to be left alone to live their lives. There are also plenty of people who want to do just what you described. We differentiate between individuals, we don't discriminate against an entire group.
What do you think of this?

What do you think of this?

I watched 5 seconds and I agree. Do you know why? Because the EU let them in en mass without trying to discriminate or weed out people with truly F'ed up beliefs because the idiotic psuedo intellectuals in Europe thought they'd do in Europe what the US is doing to immigrants from South America, exploit them and get rich off of it. They just never bothered to find out what kind of people they were dealing with before they did it.

Khan needs to stfu. Just because his son decided to serve the United States doesn't give him the father free reign to just attack attack attack and never receive any scrutiny in return. His son should be receiving all of this honor and gratitude more than the parents who didn't serve.

But the media will keep putting him out front to comment on any and everything Trump while they ignore and even smear Patricia Smith.

Repubs don't mind when Joe the Plumber chimes in with his political opinion that the media takes and runs with, but when the parents of a fallen soldier decide to voice their political opinion they say they should just keep to themselves.

He could be a paid actor...everything he said is right.

o-MUSLIM-AMERICAN-VERTERANS-facebook.jpg

I thought his son was a Captain?
CPL means Corporal. At least in the Marines it does. I was a Corporal in the Marines. Captain is Capt.

Repubs don't mind when Joe the Plumber chimes in with his political opinion that the media takes and runs with, but when the parents of a fallen soldier decide to voice their political opinion they say they should just keep to themselves.

No one is saying they should keep to themselves. The difference in the Smith coverage and Khan coverage was insane (even before Trump stupidly ran his mouth)

The guys son is a hero, but he himself is a scumbag lawyer that wants to flood the country with Islamic settlers, and places shariah law above all others. He's not some random they pulled up, this guy has been connected to the Clinton foundation for a long time.

Keep in mind that's according to freaking Brietbart....

Khan is an idiot. Trump handled the situation poorly and should not have said what he said, but Khan is the one who should be getting most of the flak here. Basically, he is supporting the candidate who supported the war his son got killed in, and he is against the candidate who wants to keep out jihadists like the one who murdered his son.

Captain Khan is a hero, but his father is just another "moderate Muslim" who is incapable of addressing the huge problems in his religion, and clearly cares more for his fellow Muslims in the Middle East as opposed to his fellow Americans.

I watched 5 seconds and I agree. Do you know why? Because the EU let them in en mass without trying to discriminate or weed out people with truly F'ed up beliefs because the idiotic psuedo intellectuals in Europe thought they'd do in Europe what the US is doing to immigrants from South America, exploit them and get rich off of it. They just never bothered to find out what kind of people they were dealing with before they did it.
Watch the whole thing.

I feel the same way. I would love to be able to referee the moral football game from the intellectual sidelines without ever having to play. I'm not even saying he's the only one doing that. There are a lot of absolute thinkers in our country. I run into them every day. I don't know if you saw the Pope bashfest going on the other day in here. Lot of it going around in there. There are literal millions of people in the West who want to lecture the rest of us on our morality without ever having thiers tested. I get tired of hearing about it, even when it comes from well meaning people who aren't doing it on purpose and don't even realize that they've never really, truely answered a moral question in their lives.
I know, Australians are the worst!
(Kidding, Bruces, just kidding)

GTFO

Lol, not even close.
You can think that if you want, but no, most people would disagree that he's defaming his son. Prominent Republicans and war vet/fallen hero families aren't lining up behind Trump on this one, nor are they condemning the father. Because that's in poor taste and even they know it.
It's a shame Trump doesn't.

Back