Khazmat opens as a -165 favorite over Leon Edwards

it's sort of silly to say someone "should" be favored. the book makers only care about making money and getting the right money in. if you're saying YOU think edwards will WIN, that's a different story. nowhere in your post though did you say that's what you think or why you would think it.
A) "Favored" didn't automatically refer to bookmakers and is odds, just whether most people should think that. B) Bookmakers don't normally assume ring rust. Mizugaki was on a five fight streak and #5 when Cruz was returning after 3 years out and Dom was still well over -300

A) "Favored" didn't automatically refer to bookmakers and is odds, just whether most people should think that. B) Bookmakers don't normally assume ring rust. Mizugaki was on a five fight streak and #5 when Cruz was returning after 3 years out and Dom was still well over -300
People think khamzat is just the better talent and more likely to win. That’s why money is going to him. It’s not just because people are assuming ring rust.

Dominick Cruz was the GOAT of the division and Mizugaki is an overrated japanese fighter who's decent or pretty good at best, but far from elite.

Leon Edwards is not even fucking close to Dominick Cruz if that is your implication. So that's a no on the sig bet?

So you're dodging the sig bet, ight then guess you aren't that confident in a guy you're adamantly trying to convince me deserves to be favored over the unknown hype job that I'm siding with. That's weird.
I didn't reply cuz i wasnt on sherdog, ya soppy cunt. I work and sleep some times.

Edwards should be favored. That's not an argument. Khamzat is way more overranked than Edwards and that's not an argument. But favor never equals guarantee, especially in MMA. I'm not a fan of Edwards more than Im a critic of hypocrisy and poor reasoning (something you stan the fuck over constantly).

You haven't read/understood a thing I put in this thread, so Im not surprised but i didn't pick Edwards to win. I didn't compare their strengths. I didn't break down their styles. I want you to know i couldn't give two shits about my sig. But the reason im not taking any bet is because 1) that's not my bet and 2) i give even less shits about you

I didn't reply cuz i wasnt on sherdog, ya soppy cunt. I work and sleep some times.

Edwards should be favored. That's not an argument. Khamzat is way more overranked than Edwards and that's not an argument. But favor never equals guarantee, especially in MMA. I'm not a fan of Edwards more than Im a critic of hypocrisy and poor reasoning (something you stan the fuck over constantly).

You haven't read/understood a thing I put in this thread, so Im not surprised but i didn't pick Edwards to win. I didn't compare their strengths. I didn't break down their styles. I want you to know i couldn't give two shits about my sig. But the reason im not taking any bet is because 1) that's not my bet and 2) i give even less shits about you

Okay so you're an absolute pussy, got it.

Right he was technically ranked 4th.
This right here is the biggest proof of how much of a bitch you're being. This here shows you argue with no faith whatsoever. For your claims of facts over feelings, you called him technically ranked 4th. No. He was literally ranked 4th. You just don't like that truth enough. The guy lost a championship match and then a title eliminator, and you thought 4th was too high, so you're whinging about it. This right here is why you shouldnt be surprised if i ultimately stop responding. Not cuz some forum bet scared me off, but because i don't like playing checkers against a brick wall

Okay so you're an absolute pussy, got it.
Pat yourself on the back. Or have your nurse do it for you after pill time.

You act like i should answer fucking ANYTHING you say, but you've STILL yet to answer the very first thing i questioned you on. So let's meet in the middle. I WILL take your bet. If you can tell me the name of that ranked middleweight you said Khamzat beat.

At least Khazmat fought a ranked guy at MW and knocked him dead.
giphy-downsized-medium.gif

(^ 3rd time I've quoted you on this, btw.)

Last edited:
He one punched Gerald Meerschaert in under 20 seconds. He completely dominated two regional/fringe UFC talents prior to that.

If you read anything I wrote you would understand that nowhere did I say Khazmat Chimaev has a great resume' with many quality wins or even that his resume' is better than Leon Edwards.

The difference here is very obvious though. Khazmat was just moved to 14th in the division where as Leon Edwards is and has been ranked 3rd despite not fighting for 1.5 years. And I am also not saying "Edwards (or Khazmat) should definitely be favored!"

What I am saying is that Leon Edwards' ranking and resume' are extremely suspect and overrated. You can do mental gymnastics like the Mohawk Bandito guy did with Khazmat as well, watch ready?

Gerald Meerschaert was 4-4 prior to fighting Khazmat Chimaev, he had just finished Derron Winn prior to losing to Henisch. His only 4 losses were to Derek Holland, Thiago Santos, Ian Henisch, and Jack Hermansson. Those guys are all top 5-10 fighters besides Henisch who's 15th. Then Khazmat punched him in the head once, as opposed to fence fucking him to a 29-28 as Edwards typically does.

To say Edwards wins are a "good ass list" is near egregious to me. That's bullshit lol. He has one single top 10 win ever, and it's over a LW RDA who was 1-2 in his last 3 fights prior to fighting Edwards. Sorry, but I just have to disagree strongly. Edwards might be actually good, he might be pretty good, clearly he is "good" to an extent to win 8 in a row. But there's a difference between guys putting up win streaks over middling competition and elite fighters. Khazmat may be an elite fighter, we don't know. But we also don't know that about Edwards.

Mohwak Bandito is out of his mind and his mental gymnastics won't change anything.

Last edited:
Why is Leon Edwards supposed to be good again? He has literally beaten no one.

His best wins are over tweener RDA and Cerrone, which has aged terribly. He beat Luque nearly 4 years ago, and outside of that he's beaten Barbaerna and Gunner Nelson? lol?

I think you could argue Edwards was/is as much of a hype job as Khazmat is. At least Khazmat fought a ranked guy at MW and knocked him dead. Leon has more volume of quality wins, sure, but it's not like he's even beaten a top 10 guy...ever. Or I guess Luque is a fringe top 10 guy, who he beat 4 years ago when he probably was fringe top 15.
yeah rda cerrone luque barbarena and nelson are all cans lol

Mohwak Bandito is out of his mind and his mental gymnastics won't change anything.
And here's exhibit A. When dragonsfly is agreeing with you, you know you're wrong. Now we need JustOnce to make a thread about it, and there will be no denying how stupid it is.

And here's exhibit A. When dragonsfly is agreeing with you, you know you're wrong. Now we need JustOnce to make a thread about it, and there will be no denying how stupid it is.

No Skill Gap made good points he didn't go in to hard like some others he was measured but correct nonetheless

Last edited:

You act like i should answer fucking ANYTHING you say, but you've STILL yet to answer the very first thing i questioned you on. So let's meet in the middle. I WILL take your bet. If you can tell me the name of that ranked middleweight you said Khamzat beat.

Clearly you have some form of autism. You were the one coming super hard at me over the fact that I said Leon Edwards is overrated and has really beaten no one, proven nothing, and is undeserving of the 3rd place ranking at Welterweight.

Never did I say that Khazmat has racked up ranked wins or even have close to as good as a resume' as Leon Edwards. So why would I have to list off ranked wins of his? I never claimed this. I may have mistyped on Meerkat, he was never ranked at MW. I was probably thinking of doing the "mental gymnastics" example and left it in. A mistake I can admit, if you think a typo wins you an online argument, then go right ahead and take that dub.

I said I was fine to drop the argument as I don't even give a fuck that much about it, but you've been nothing but a cunt and insulting me multiple times AFTER completely ignoring my avatar bet offer. And fuck off, you were posting here after I offered it, you saw it.

Again this is really a stupid argument. And if you and others really want to delude themselves into thinking beating Bryan Barbarena, Gunner Nelson, Vicente Luque (unranked at the time), a washed Cerrone at 170, and RDA at 170 coming off a 1-2 stretch there (fair enough ranked 4th) - is some amazing accomplishment and top tier resume', then go right ahead I guess. Putting together 8 wins is impressive, but quality of opposition still matters a ton. I'm not going to kid myself into thinking Edwards has been beating killers. He has not. He has one top 10 win.

I don't take shit personally, if you want to be soft then you can. But I'm down to just do the bet and drop any bullshit insulting and all that. I never did an avatar bet before but it's not rocket science, and yeah I'm the one initiating it but it's equal on both sides. You think Edwards should be favored, and you therefore think he will win I'd assume.

1 week starting the day after the fight, loser has to put on a picture of Khazmat or Edwards (photoshop allowed). Deal?

Pico doesn't have the tools nor credentials to be used as a comparison it is absolutely ludicrous. Pico doesn't even have striking or power. His wrestling is subpar compared to Khamzat. Whos also much stronger then pico.

I can't wait to see what some will say after he runs over Leon and Leading upto Khamzat - Usman fight
Probably something along the lines of Leon wasn't really that good.
I mean they already pretend that Aliskerov was a can.

Dude what are you going on about? The dude called you out on an avatar bet. Either man up and backup your belief or fuck off.

Okay but you realize that Leon Edwards beat Luque 29-28 on everyone's scorecards and every media members' scorecards virtually, in what was Luque's 5th ever fight in the UFC and 2nd fight against actual UFC level comp.
Yes, but that makes him not too far off from Khamzat.

I figure that if Khamzat would lose here that's exactly the same argument people would use - he was new in the UFC and it was his first high level fight - so not surprising he lost.

Last edited:
That’s crazy what hype can do to a line. Man I hope khazmat steam rolls him and gets a finish.

but i didn't pick Edwards to win”
So who did you pick, honey pie?
I think Edwards can easily lose this, sweetie dick. He's had plenty of time off. Frankly, the reason I think he shouldn't be ranked is cuz the UFC should have a precedent for inactivity, and 18 months is well long enough to qualify. Now sure, it's not all been his fault: other UK employees have said no one's been quite as unlucky as Edwards in current circumstances, but in my opinion, rejecting the Wonderboy offer was inexcusable.

Had he stayed active, even taking bullshit fights, he should be ranked right around where he is. THAT'S the lone problem I've pointed out in this thread, not who wins. The point is: If Edwards is ranked, he should be ranked around where he is, at least nowhere lower than 7, because only a small handful of people can argue better accomplishments at that weight (though that's also largely because of diva top fighters who don't take risky fights, which is a list that now includes him after rejecting Wonderboy). If he's not in the rankings, it should purely be because of being ineligible due to inactivity. Because of that inactivity, how he comes back is the biggest variable. Whether or not Khamzat destroys him can play heavily on that factor.

Now I'm not sure why some people can't wrap their minds around this, but let me let you in on a little trade secret. You can actually favor one guy, and still not be surprised if he loses. Assuming no problems coming back, Edwards should be favored, but even then, losing wouldn't surprise me. I wouldn't ever be confident in a guy coming off 18 months inactivity, but again, that was never my point. Anyone who thinks it was is because they can't read or think. Which, let's be fair, is at least half of Sherdog.

I think Edwards can easily lose this, sweetie dick. He's had plenty of time... and on and on...
Well that’s about a 9 on the tension scale there, sweet cheeks. A simple name would’ve been apt in this particular context. Next time, bite down on the pillow a few seconds more before you respond. But I love your passion, sugar plum.

Back