Kharitonov just made me think...

kikikhan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why don't we, the fight fans, use Kharitonov and other proven HWs to "scout" or assess new HWs?

Why are most of MMA fans so damn focused on the fighters fighting in the UFC that they are willing to ignore guys who beat legends outside of the UFC?

I think we need to focus more on the good side of great and proven journey men like Kharitonov, Monson, Ricco... instead of complaining about them not being in the UFC and acting like they are not good anymore, just because they are not in the UFC.

I'm looking at the UFC HW division and I refuse to believe that the top guys are really the clear top guys at HW right now. I mean, they are mostly old as f*ck and everybody looks very beatable to me. The UFC is counting too much on the power of their company and the starpower of their old HWs to develope new top HWs. They keep recycling while there must be young guys outside of the UFC who could break into top guys, given the chance.

I think that an unknown russian HW could KO a bunch of top UFC HWs.

This is how I feel about the UFC HWs today.

You can't possibly believe that recycling top HWs is the optimal way to have the strongest HW division.

Having young prospects eliminating themselves is stupid. They should each get a crack at top old HWs instead and bring some new life into division.

Reminds me how Ben Askren is a bum, as he is not in the UFC.
And people still say that he is boring, after he has finished most of his latest fight, just because Dana said so a few years ago.

More money and less training in boxing. Heavyweight is a dying division.

Reminds me how Ben Askren is a bum, as he is not in the UFC.
And people still say that he is boring, after he has finished most of his latest fight, just because Dana said so a few years ago.

Yeah. I have my Fight Channel on all the time and I don't see any difference between fight quality in different promotions.

I know that the UFC has the best fighters, but still, let's not act that there is such a huge difference.

Most young heavyweights nowadays are trying out for different sports with more money involved (NFL, wrestling, boxing etc).

If you were focused on Jeff Monson you'd notice he is on a three fight losing streak.

More money and less training in boxing. Heavyweight is a dying division.

No it's not.

The UFC HW division IS dying, but there are plenty of HWs outside of the UFC. Young ones too.

Yeah. I have my Fight Channel on all the time and I don't see any difference between fight quality in different promotions.

I know that the UFC has the best fighters, but still, let's not act that there is such a huge difference.

And loads of fans seem to forget that all of the greats did not begin fighting in the UFC.
It is really odd.

Kharitonov, Minakov, Smoldarev, Tybura, Puetz would all do great in the UFC.

The UFC HW division is weak, when you see guys like Potts, black beast, Duffee etc. you really see there is nothing outside of the top 10.

No it's not.

The UFC HW division IS dying, but there are plenty of HWs outside of the UFC. Young ones too.

Yes it is, and there is more money and less disciplines to train to be a top HW boxer than it does to be a top HW MMA fighter. The days of fat guys swinging at each other are gone. Let it go.

If you were focused on Jeff Monson you'd notice he is on a three fight losing streak.

Monson is over the hill now.

He used to be a great indicator though.

Ricco too.

Even Alex.

Kharitonov is now.

Hell, Kongo is a good indicator too.

Rogers too. I mean he is in a zombie mode since 2009, but he is still good enough to find prospects.

Most young heavyweights nowadays are trying out for different sports with more money involved (NFL, wrestling, boxing etc).

I'm not talking about sportsmen. I'm talking about fighters.

And loads of fans seem to forget that all of the greats did not begin fighting in the UFC.
It is really odd.

Yeah.

I watch every HW fight I can get my eyes on. Because I mostly care about HWs. I used to respect UFC and other HWs in the Pride era too.

People only talk about UFC and Pride, but Pancrase and Rings were just as good.

I mean fighters were beating eachother there left and right.

Kharitonov, Minakov, Smoldarev, Tybura, Puetz would all do great in the UFC.

The UFC HW division is weak, when you see guys like Potts, black beast, Duffee etc. you really see there is nothing outside of the top 10.

Yeah.

Why don't we, the fight fans, use Kharitonov and other proven HWs to "scout" or assess new HWs?

Why are most of MMA fans so damn focused on the fighters fighting in the UFC that they are willing to ignore guys who beat legends outside of the UFC?

I think we need to focus more on the good side of great and proven journey men like Kharitonov, Monson, Ricco... instead of complaining about them not being in the UFC and acting like they are not good anymore, just because they are not in the UFC.

I'm looking at the UFC HW division and I refuse to believe that the top guys are really the clear top guys at HW right now. I mean, they are mostly old as f*ck and everybody looks very beatable to me. The UFC is counting too much on the power of their company and the starpower of their old HWs to develope new top HWs. They keep recycling while there must be young guys outside of the UFC who could break into top guys, given the chance.

I think that an unknown russian HW could KO a bunch of top UFC HWs.

This is how I feel about the UFC HWs today.

You can't possibly believe that recycling top HWs is the optimal way to have the strongest HW division.

Having young prospects eliminating themselves is stupid. They should each get a crack at top old HWs instead and bring some new life into division.

ricco and monson would make the HW division look worse than it allready is. Kharitonov wont fight for the ufc,thats not the ufcs fault. Nor is it the ufcs fault that there isnt aloto of talent out there for them to sign.

Yes it is, and there is more money and less disciplines to train to be a top HW boxer than it does to be a top HW MMA fighter. The days of fat guys swinging at each other are gone. Let it go.

So nothing has changed in the money section and the HW division is still dying?

I remember the times when the HW division was flourishing and the money was worse than it is today in the UFC. Or so we are told:)

Yeah.

I watch every HW fight I can get my eyes on. Because I mostly care about HWs. I used to respect UFC and other HWs in the Pride era too.

People only talk about UFC and Pride, but Pancrase and Rings were just as good.

I mean fighters were beating eachother there left and right.

Rings had some great fighters. The rules were pretty weird, though.

So nothing has changed in the money section and the HW division is still dying?

I remember the times when the HW division was flourishing and the money was worse than it is today in the UFC. Or so we are told:)

Yes thats because you didn't have to have any skill, just one punch knock out power. You can no longer be a one trick pony in today's MMA. So it's easier for Heavyweights to box.

Back