Kharitonov injured, "interesting" replacement rumoured to face Cro Cop

eh?

sergey's out, replacement needed, its on spike so i can see the logic of it in terms of casual name value. Certainly don't see the 'desperation'

have you seen how sylvia looks? he looks awfull and hasn't had a kb fight in his life.......he's also very old and loses alot......he has no business in glory except being cannon fodder

but both rumours must be bullshit

if they sign tim sylvia to fight crocop I will never watch glory again as they will have jumped the shark. If they are even thinking about it I might just need to take break from kickboxing and go back to midget fighting

if they sign tim sylvia to fight crocop I will never watch glory again as they will have jumped the shark. If they are even thinking about it I might just need to take break from kickboxing and go back to midget fighting

you'dl still watch that fight

pat barry getting ko'ed is meaningless for the divison, but it was still pretty much what gained the most interest

Actually Le Banner fights Danilencu next week, so he could be an option.

This will be Ernesto Hoost's comeback fight, rematch with Cro Cop.

it would just be casual viewers thing same as pat barry effect

if the sport was marketed to and match-made for just the hardcore fans who know what they are talking about, it would be useless for tv. Hardcore fans will always watch, its casual and new fans who need bringing in w/names they recognize

if a fight like Torres offends you, just watch the others

This will be Ernesto Hoost's comeback fight, rematch with Cro Cop.
He actually just fought recently at the Hoost Cup in Japan. Looked great for an old man. Still has nice technique and fight IQ, speed, power and reflexes obviously aren't what they used to be.

I thought he looked lold and fat

of course hsi technique is somehwat the same but it just looks sowrong to see a once legendary fighter come back with a big belly and almost 50 years old

but of course I'd rather see Hoost then sylvia

it might also just be rumours to get people talking, who knows

945209_536224419773555_585041556_n.jpg

His upper body looks like

Okay.png

These would my candidates to replace Kharitonov
1. Gerges
2. JLB
3. Ben Saddik
4. Mwekassa
5. Miller

Is Miller even available? That would actually be a good signing for an US guy. Unless, of course, he still asks for huge piles of money. Mwekassa is fighting LHW. Ben Saddik and Gerges are too much for CroCop atm.

I stick to my first choice and say that Xavier Vigney would be a good choice for the US audience. He is an US guy and his last fight impressed me. Would be a good learning experience for him.

Ya Miller isn't a bad idea. At least he has a few Kickboxing fights under his belt.

Is Miller even available? That would actually be a good signing for an US guy. Unless, of course, he still asks for huge piles of money. Mwekassa is fighting LHW. Ben Saddik and Gerges are too much for CroCop atm.

I stick to my first choice and say that Xavier Vigney would be a good choice for the US audience. He is an US guy and his last fight impressed me. Would be a good learning experience for him.

Glory is not really worried about that kind of stuff though

I'd love to see this fight. It was a classic fantasy match up during the Pride days.

I don't hate Tim Sylvia but he still the guy who many moons ago took the title from boring ass Ricco Rodriguez in the UFC. He was primarily a striker in MMA and his striking is sloppy but he did have a decenr jab at the very least and some pretty good ko's against Ricco, Magee, Telligman and Buentello..

Timmy gets alot of hate on this board because of Ray Mercer, weight gain, inactivity, being a cop whatever but he will always be a former UFC champ and that's exactly what GLORY needs to prove to casual fans that Kickboxer could beat MMA guys. I like that matchup and its good for CroCop to get a gimmie once in a while (the dude has fought the best of the best) and look good doing it. IMO GLORY needs to bring guys like Miguel Torres, Tim Sylvia and Pat Barry that casual MMA fans know and watch get spanked by Kickboxers in difffrent set of rules. The more MMA guys that get there ass kicked on TV by Kickboxers the more GLORY gets popular. Just my 2 cents
You do realize they are bringing in an former UFC MMA fighter to lose to... a former UFC MMA fighter :icon_conf

You do realize they are bringing in an former UFC MMA fighter to lose to... a former UFC MMA fighter :icon_conf

CroCop was fighting K-1 before he ever fought in PRIDE let alone the UFC. Common knowledge bro.

Back