Kharitonov injured, "interesting" replacement rumoured to face Cro Cop

Wheres Min Soo Kim and Kaoklai when you need them?

I'll take a bullet if Sylvia knocks Crocop out fuck this would be bad

Let's be serious and not go full retarded. CRO COP DEFEATED two TOP 8 FIGHTERS IN 2013, Londt and ZHURAVLEV. Even hoost probably will beat Tim at this point.

the article says that is nothing but a rumour

but it would fit the other rumour about financial troubles........because sylvia looks like a desperate move

it has become very clear that the heavyweight division in glory needs someone like badr hari

that guy is too much of a draw in a very shallow division, hate him or love him

Do not talk to much about bad hari, some people will came here and will ask you when was he released because they thought he was in prison, though everyone knows he was free.

I don't hate Tim Sylvia but he still the guy who many moons ago took the title from boring ass Ricco Rodriguez in the UFC. He was primarily a striker in MMA and his striking is sloppy but he did have a decenr jab at the very least and some pretty good ko's against Ricco, Magee, Telligman and Buentello..

Timmy gets alot of hate on this board because of Ray Mercer, weight gain, inactivity, being a cop whatever but he will always be a former UFC champ and that's exactly what GLORY needs to prove to casual fans that Kickboxer could beat MMA guys. I like that matchup and its good for CroCop to get a gimmie once in a while (the dude has fought the best of the best) and look good doing it. IMO GLORY needs to bring guys like Miguel Torres, Tim Sylvia and Pat Barry that casual MMA fans know and watch get spanked by Kickboxers in difffrent set of rules. The more MMA guys that get there ass kicked on TV by Kickboxers the more GLORY gets popular. Just my 2 cents

I don't hate Tim Sylvia but he still the guy who many moons ago took the title from boring ass Ricco Rodriguez in the UFC. He was primarily a striker in MMA and his striking is sloppy but he did have a decenr jab at the very least and some pretty good ko's against Ricco, Magee, Telligman and Buentello..

Timmy gets alot of hate on this board because of Ray Mercer, weight gain, inactivity, being a cop whatever but he will always be a former UFC champ and that's exactly what GLORY needs to prove to casual fans that Kickboxer could beat MMA guys. I like that matchup and its good for CroCop to get a gimmie once in a while (the dude has fought the best of the best) and look good doing it. IMO GLORY needs to bring guys like Miguel Torres, Tim Sylvia and Pat Barry that casual MMA fans know and watch get spanked by Kickboxers in difffrent set of rules. The more MMA guys that get there ass kicked on TV by Kickboxers the more GLORY gets popular. Just my 2 cents

I agree with yourt post to bring in american mma fighters or other american fighters to bring in new viewers, but sylvia is way out of line

he's done.....for quite some time now

but the more I think about it, it seems like all glory wants to do with these mma guys is have them beat up badly

Butterbean vs. Sapp main event, make it happen.

Kinda have to smirk at Glory starting out as legit organization and then realized "Fuck it, that ain

:rolleyes:

Now there are two main problems about this post.
1. Shane has chronic injuries, he couldn't fight in the UFC why would he fight in Glory?
Also he hasn't fought for a long time.
2. Shane is not technical enough to fight in rule set with gloves, he relies a lot
on his power, takedown and GnP.

i think the problem is because he repeatedly have to undergo surgery before a fight. so he just tired of it and decided to retire. but i dont know man, i hate talking about injury specifically :eek::eek:. but i think Carwin would be great to see against Glory Can

I don't think that's the problem. Kickboxing is just not popular in US and it will not become popular by just bringing quality fighters that aren't known to the US public. So they have to resort on bringing not quality fighters that are known to the US public. Once that happens and they draw people to watch, the US fans will get to know the true quality fighters of kickboxing. I believe Mwekasa got quite a bit of hype behind him thanks to his KO over Pat Berry, no? :)

you can't explain this to some people

so the 8 men tournament is not legit?

ffa the 8 men tournament alone has more hype than any kb/mt cards world wide in recent years

that fight card is stacked as hell even if sylvia would be added

personally I would not want to see sylvia fight but if it brings in viewers (wich I doubt) I don't mind, the rest of the card is very strong, one of the strongest cards in a long time

I just think glory is using well known mma names to be slaughtered

the UFC has done it as well......they even put a fat james toney who never fought an mma fight in his life in the cage as the main event to be used as cannon fodder

that 8 man tourney is just beautiful, i hope the card stay intact

come on, call Sefo, Freddy Kemayo, Konstantin Gluhov

or some of the younger folks training in netherlands, Redouan Cairo, Frank Munoz

almost anything is better than Sylvia

the article says that is nothing but a rumour

but it would fit the other rumour about financial troubles........because sylvia looks like a desperate move

eh?

sergey's out, replacement needed, its on spike so i can see the logic of it in terms of casual name value. Certainly don't see the 'desperation'

God i hope that won't happen. I think Le Banner or Sefo would be a good fight if we are sticking to old fighters. Maybe a rematch with cup cheick? but if Sylvia gets signed i will never, ever buy anything GLORY related.

Looks like the general feeling is that signing what could be regarded as a freakshow fight will delegitimise the whole card, which at the moment looks great.

And guys, don"t wait anything else than a MMA fighter in the main event against Cro Cop! They probably want names for the American market. Some good kickboxers are unfortunately outside the Glory because of some bums.

Wait another Torres!

Back