Khan vs. Maidana (december 11th)

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by KOQ24, Sep 15, 2010.

1. KOQ24

KOQ24 Gold Belt

Dan Rafael via Twitter

In LA and just talked to Richard Schaefer and Amir Khan on phone and Maidana fight is done deal for Dec 11 at Mandalay Bay.

2. squanto

squanto White Belt

figures khan and his team waited until maidana showed a kink in his armor to finally man up and fight him. i hope maidana goes in there and lays him out.

3. KOQ24

KOQ24 Gold Belt

agreed.
    Hoping for Maidana to tear his ass up

4. M o A

M o A Banned Banned

Maidana cant box wortha shit, and its not as if Khan doesnt know what hes doing, or Roach isnt his coach.

Everybodys gonna scream 'Maidana has 12 rounds to punch Khan and thats all it takes' but thats not gonna be easy. Khan has improved tenfold since Prescott.

Khan via decision or late tko. You heard it here first.

5. 11b83

11b83 Purple Belt

Man I posted this yesterday and only got 1 reply. That makes me sad.

Nah, JK. I think Kahn picks him apart.

6. McMurder

McMurder Blue Belt

yeah I think Khan will pull it off too but you can't deny the danger in that fight,the possibility of Khan getting KO'd is very real.

7. consortium11

consortium11 Slip The Jab

I like this fight.

We all knew at some stage Khan was going to have to face a big hitter... there are only so many Paul Malignaggi's he can find at world level. And, after back and forth arguing, accusations, spluttering and ducking, he's faced up to the biggest hitter near the top of the division.

I'm not a Khan fan... not at all... but he's clearly not the same fighter he was when he faced Prescott. His offensive is still as outrageous as before but his defence is now pretty tight and he comes in with decent gameplans... even if less than scintillating. He can, and probably will, box circles around Maidana for much of the night.

However good his defence is though his chin is still the same as it was. With a puncher like Maidana it truly does only take one... and that's what gives this fight it's interest. Can Khan avoid the bomb while still actively fighting?

I say yes.

I think he survives a 3 or 4 round assault by Maidana before really finding his feet. First the jab starts to land, then the right with it, then 3 or 4 punch combos. By the 9th round Khan has got his offence going and Maidana could be in real trouble.

In some ways that's actually a problem for Khan. Ortiz was doing well until he hurt Maidana at which point he lost all discipline and got into a shoot out. Likewise, if Khan hurts Maidana and gets over eager or sloppy he's one counter away from waking up without a title. Despite what I said above I can also see Khan getting on his bike and winning the fight off his jab and quick right hand over a long (and pretty boring) 12 round decision.

8. pakimahi

pakimahi Brown Belt

ahh fuck off with this already...Fight hasn't even happend yet and already haters are making excuses.... I bet you'd probably say some shit like that even if it was devon or Tim

9. heavyarms21

heavyarms21 Ryozanpaku Belt

I think Khan at 140 has a better punch resistance than he had at 135. Maidana is dangerous, but I don't think he has the skill to get the clean shot he needs to put Khan now, I see Khan boxing circles around him

10. Biggus Dickus**

Biggus Dickus** Orange Belt

I want to see how he reacts to pressure and power because since Prescott he hasn't had to deal with that type of fighter.