Khan: "I can beat Mayweather, I want him in England in 2011"

khan has a chance to beat most guys at 140-147, including mayweather. the fight will never happen cause khan is too fast and too young. mayweather wont risk it.

Easily the most idiotic statement in the entire thread
This reeks of blind hate

everyone says they can beat money, still waiting on someone to do it. the only one currently i would say has a real chance is pacman. i still favor pbf in that fight as well.

everyone says they can beat money, still waiting on someone to do it. the only one currently i would say has a real chance is pacman. i still favor pbf in that fight as well.

If you don't think you can beat the best, then you have no business in the fight game..

Fighters jobs are to remain confident and bring it on fight night.. our jobs is to speculate and pay them on fight night..

good fighters dont get caught up in speculation.. they just fight.. and they dont care who is front of them or WHAT IS SUPPOSED to happen

Man the boxing forum is full of a bunch of bandwagonors.... 6-7 months ago khan's statement would cause massive flame in a thread here. Now it's like 40-60..and come 2011 it'll probably be 90-10. If he gets through his next 2 fights, maidana and winner of devon/tim, then that fight would make perfect sense in 2011. Especially since Pac and May are both busy ducking each other by any means necessary.

And besides Khan may need this fight more, namewise but Maywether sure could use this entertainmentwise with all the snooze fests he has been putting on lately

Man the boxing forum is full of a bunch of bandwagonors.... 6-7 months ago khan's statement would cause massive flame in a thread here. Now it's like 40-60..and come 2011 it'll probably be 90-10. If he gets through his next 2 fights, maidana and winner of devon/tim, then that fight would make perfect sense in 2011. Especially since Pac and May are both busy ducking each other by any means necessary.

And besides Khan may need this fight more, namewise but Maywether sure could use this entertainmentwise with all the snooze fests he has been putting on lately

Okay.. do we want to see Mayweather fight another old lightweight, or a young prospect that matches him for size?

Saying a fight is interesting is not "jumping on a bandwagon".. Khan has a great jab.. Mayweather has trouble with good jabs.. so the fight has some interesting aspects to it.. then factor in the big question.. even if Khan's jab pays off and he goes up on the cards, can his chin hold up?

This is a very interesting fight. I don't know why anybody wouldnt want to see it.

If you don't think you can beat the best, then you have no business in the fight game..

Fighters jobs are to remain confident and bring it on fight night.. our jobs is to speculate and pay them on fight night..

good fighters dont get caught up in speculation.. they just fight.. and they dont care who is front of them or WHAT IS SUPPOSED to happen

i didnt say there was a problem with him wanting to fight him.... if i was him id be saying i could take him also.

i just dont think khan is the man to do it, thats all.

I'd like to see Khan get by Maidana before he runs his mouth. I'd take an old and underachieving Zab Judah as a pick um with Khan...I'd love to see Randall Bailey get one last crack at a belt and test that glass chin out....:icon_chee

Hey's just talking. He has nothing to lose here.

If Mayweather accepts:
-kahn gets paid
-he gets a chance at beating a fighter that nobody gives him a chance to beat
-if he wins, he gets a shot at pacman for another pay day

If PBF doesn't accept, then Khan can just say he's ducking him like he is Manny.

I want to see Khan agasint Floyd, but will floyd let this happen in England, where he claims he wants to fight before he retires?

But i want to see how well khan deals with madaina first of all. If Khan struggles then i am sure Floyd would fight Khan.

Lets just see how he handles Maidana who is a big risk for Khan. One thing I do respect about Khan is that he isn't ducking Maidana and doesn't seem the type of fighter to duck anyone. However, in terms of common sense I think he is likely to bite off more than he can chew down the line. In this case I think he will be too slick for Maidana but it will shut up some of his critics at least. At least he's trying to avoid that stereotype of overprotected British fighters with padded records.

Seriously, first we had a guy saying that the jury was still out on Khan's chin and that he'd never seen him wobbled prior to the Prescott bout, now we have someone say Khan doesn't seem like the type to duck anyone...

Did anyone pay any attention to Khan before Prescott smashed him? It's like those years never happened.

i dont see this going well for khan. pbf is too good defensively and is too fast for khan. bad call out for khan.

What scares me about Khan he truely believes every thing he says.

Sure he is talented a quick but he has dire chin Willie Limond & Michael Gomez wobbled him FFS.

With khan saying he will be ready for Floyd in a years time or something, is that implying he would lose now against Floyd? If so, why would Floyd want to fight Khan in a years time or so, and not now?

Khan could give FLoyd a good fight of course. Who would win, who knows? Floyd would be favourite is all we can say.
But i cant see khan knocking FLoyd out, as he landed clean punches on Paul Mallignagii and didnt budge him.

Back