Khan ducks Alexander- Alexander/Judah + Paulie/Porter

Floyd is going to have a walk in the park against Khan. This time people will expect Floyd to TKO his opponent so I wouldn't be surprised if we see a more aggressive Floyd that goes for the finish.

At least it won't be a catchweight.

Absolute farce if true.

Mayweather should get nothing but abuse if he does pick Khan.

Absolute farce if true.

Mayweather should get nothing but abuse if he does pick Khan.

I think if Mayweather promises a great performance and knockout then people will tune in for the fight. A 12 round moving around the ring just won't do it this time for Mayweather. He has to go for the stoppage in impressive manner otherwise people will really come down on him hard for not performing against a much lesser opponent.

I'm a fan of Mayweather, but it would be a special kind of hilarious if he took this farce of a fight and managed to lose to Khan.

I'm a fan of Mayweather, but it would be a special kind of hilarious if he took this farce of a fight and managed to lose to Khan.

Especially if Khan rocks him and finishes him. I think boxing would collapse for a few months after that.

I think if Mayweather promises a great performance and knockout then people will tune in for the fight. A 12 round moving around the ring just won't do it this time for Mayweather. He has to go for the stoppage in impressive manner otherwise people will really come down on him hard for not performing against a much lesser opponent.

I doubt it... if it's made now without Khan winning another bout I'd expect it to flop; 700k (or even less) at best in the US and some dismal number in the UK.

People who want to see Khan knocked out can already rewatch him laid out by Prescott and Garcia. He hasn't looked impressive since he beat Judah and was very lucky to escape the gatekeeper Diaz with a win... in a bout he was again repeatedly hurt in and dropped. He doesn't have any real drawing power in the US (especially when you consider he can't easily tap into the Mexican-American fanbase) and while he's well known in the UK he's not particularly popular, even in the Asian/Pakistani-English community

meh I don't blame him

he'll need all the time possible to prepare for Mayweather, and fighting Alexander only takes away from that

edit: This is probably politics, wouldn't be surprised if the fight goes through anyhow

Mayweather has four more fights left. Who should he fight and who is left? Lara, Garcia, Bradley, Pacquiao?

Please tell me that's a joke.

I mean, I'll tune in still...

Was this fight every actually signed? Or is khan doing what everyone else would do in his situation?

Was this fight every actually signed? Or is khan doing what everyone else would do in his situation?

Someone must be telling him something because a month ago, Alexander/Khan was pretty much a done deal. Alexander had signed and they were waiting on Khan.

Now he turns down the fight with no alternative opponent. So you'd have to assume someone is promising him a bigger fight.

Yeah, just never heard it confirmed. If you haven't and a few others haven't then the outrage is a little misplaced.

Still, fuck khan.

Khan would get beat by both opponents but at least with Mayweather he'll come out with a big paycheck on the other side. I don't see Khan boxing for much longer because the big paydays will dry up. Khan is just looking for the big payday so he can retire from boxing earlier than expected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back