Khan and Bradley on twitter

TheRatman

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Amir Khan, Timothy Bradley Go To War on Twitter
Click Here To Email Printable version Search BoxingScene Database*

By Mark Vester

Junior welterweight champion Timothy Bradley and Amir Khan waged a war of words on twitter over the last few hours. Bradley*said enough was enough when he saw an article where Khan said he*would clean his clock if they met in the ring [click here to read]. The two 140-pounders have been waging a verbal war for the last few days.

Bradley -*Amir Khan*said he will knock me out. Bring it on baby I will fight you next! If your a man face me next and not [Juan Manuel] Marquez.

Khan -**Your turn will come, just get in the que. I want to*face*a better bunch of opponents first.

Bradley - Until you face me you will never get the respect...period! So who you [are] going to face next then?

Khan - Tim Bradley*is dying for a pay day. Tell him get in the que of better opponents and wait his turn to get KO'd.

Bradley - Dude what you talking about? Believe in my own hype? I've beaten [Kendall] Holt, [Lamont] Peterson, [Junior] Witter, [Nate] Campbell. I deserve a pay day.

Khan - Remember*one thing, I'd beat everyone who you beat. I'd*KO them.*Infact,*you avoided [Andreas] Kotelnik*and [Dimitry]*Salita. Who's the bitch now?

Bradley - I avoided Kotelnik and Salita?? Please explain how*I avoided them? I think you're the ducker. Who's your mandatory? [Marcos] Maidana.

Dude*I highly doubt you would have beaten Kendal Holt in 2009, maybe now but not when*I fought him.

If you face Maidana next fair enough, he's your mandatory but if you face Marquez you know there will be a backlash against you about. You gotta be a man and tell Richard Schaefer you wanna face legit 140 pounders not blown-up lightweights.

Khan - Maidana has a bad back. I wanted him.*You say*you want to*fight but indirectly*you don't.*You overprice yourself and say I'm scared...come on!

Bradley - You paid Maidana step-aside money. You're the ducker son!

Your ego is too big. Humble yourself before someone shatters your glass jaw!

Overprice myself? What*are you*talking about? Gary Shaw and Richard haven't even discussed financial details.

Haha, khan talking a big game but unless he gets in with someone other the Diaz or JMM, I think he full of shit. Atleast fight Katasis if not Marcos.

It's funny how Khan originally called out Bradley and now that Bradley has stepped up he tells him to get in line.

Bradley called out Khan....and Khan accepted. Now Khan has been offered the winner of Diaz/Marquez....and Khans camp wants it in England, his camp wants him to wait, but Khan is ready to fight now.

Cant wait to see him fight Diaz/Marquez winner, bradley, maidana, mitchell, maybe hatton, :)

Khan looks like a punk living in fantasy land during that exchange.

tim: @AmirKingKhan im not broke at all. I have money to support my family. Its a shame your life is driven by money and you have no ambitions
about 4 hours ago via web in reply to AmirKingKhan

tim: @AmirKingKhan your supposed to be a role model and your bragging about money. Like I said before HUMBLE YOURSELF!
about 4 hours ago via web in reply to AmirKingKhan

tim: @amirkingkhan is probably a nice humble person, but some of the stuff he writes on twitter makes him seem arrogant

amir: I have left it with my promotion team n give them a list of good names I want to fight. Nothing has been picked yet but they have my orders
about 4 hours ago via UberTwitter

amir: Sorry I didn't mean to sound big headed or cocky. I thank allah for all my sucess and my fans for all the support. This is all a laugh guys
about 4 hours ago via UberTwitter

tim: Just want everyone to know me and @amirkingkhan respect each other. This was just a little controversy to create hype nothing serious
about 4 hours ago via web

about his last fight, tim said this too an amir fan... :S

@IMRANTZ I fought sloppy on purpose because no one wanted to fight me and by having a sloppy performance it may convince them 2 fight me
about 4 hours ago via web in reply to IMRANTZ

TimDesertStorm
Im not going to talk trash about @amirkingkhan its obvious he dont wanna fight me so we go our seperate ways
3 minutes ago via web

TimDesertStorm
Hopefully Devon Alexander beats Kotelnik then me and Devon can get it on for supremacy in the 140 pound division
4 minutes ago via web

TimDesertStorm
Richard Schaefer just told Gary Shaw that Khan wants to face Marquez.
5 minutes ago via web

It's really funny how there is all this talent between 140-154 and yet it's so hard to get the public's desired matchups together. Golden Boy and Arum trying to keep it all in house could really fuck the fans.

It's really funny how there is all this talent between 140-154 and yet it's so hard to get the public's desired matchups together. Golden Boy and Arum trying to keep it all in house could really fuck the fans.

Yup

Khan regularly makes a fool of himself in twitter.
Someone should control what he says.

Khan really has a gift for making himself look like a fool

Lol, they should ban Khan from twitter. To protect him from himself.

Goddamn I just wish for once boxing could make the big fight happen.

That wasn't the real Tim Bradley who tweeted all that stuff.

Your right sharkley. That wasn't him.

Here a statement from the real Bradley

WBO junior welterweight champion Timothy Bradley has come out swinging after reading some of the recent*stories on BoxingScene.com. Bradley thought it was time to issue a proper response after*reading*one story where WBA champion Amir Khan made a pre-fight prediction that he would beat Bradley down and knock him out, and then reading another story where Khan's trainer Freddie Roach called him a bum.

"I beat*a dude [Miguel Vazquez]*who beat the*dude [Breidis Prescott]*who*knocked him out....so who's the bum now man? Who's the bum now? He owes*a mandatory for about a year now, Marcos Maidana. He's shying away from every person in the game. Then goes after [Paulie]*Malignaggi and now he goes after [Juan] Diaz, who is not a puncher, and [Juan Manuel] Marquez, who is not a puncher. He's shying away from all of the big punchers in the game.....because the chin is suspect," Bradley told BoxingScene.com.

Recently, Khan made a public challenge to Bradley on his twitter page. Following the challenge, Bradley's promoter Gary Shaw*reached out to Golden Boy Promotions,*who handle Khan. Shaw and Bradley are*waiting to*hear back from Golden Boy.*Bradley would like to fight Khan on December 11,*and*there wouldn't be any issues with making the fight*in England. At the end of the day, Bradley is not holding his breath.*He*doesn't see the fight happening in the near future.

As of this moment, Bradley plans to watch Devon Alexander defend his WBC/IBF titles against Andrey Kotelnik on August 7. If Alexander wins, HBO wants to match him against Bradley on January 29. If a deal with Alexander falls through, Bradley wants to fight again in November/December.

"I'm waiting to hear from back from Golden Boy to see if Amir is really going to do this fight in December. The stakes are too high for Golden Boy. I don't think they want to risk that right now. Amir Khan can pretty much, can basically kiss my ass until he steps up to fight somebody with a big name or steps up to fight me. He's a bum in my eyes. That's the way I feel about it. They have my number. If he wants to get down, then let's get it done," Bradley said.

"He's soft man. He's softer than baby sh*t. He's got a voice. He can tell them who he wants to fight. These guys are like 'oh, that fight is kind of dangerous, we have to protect our investment.' You say you the best, then come fight. Let's do it. Amir has a December date. Let's get it poppin. I have my passport. I'll even fax my passport to you, you can put on the website with my picture."

Bradley was quite amused when hearing about an "imposter Tim Bradley" getting Khan riled up on his twitter account. The imposter fooled Khan, among many other people. Bradley found out about the imposter when his good friend, Andre Berto, called him up to laugh about the "war on twitter." Bradley began to laugh and told Berto - "I don't even have a twitter account."

twitter is big time lamer

A Twitter War= awfully ghey.

Even better that it wasn't even the real Bradley---lol.

I would like to see them fight though, it's an interesting fight. Winner gets Devon Alexander?

Get 'er done HBO.

Last edited:
Back