Khamzat's wrestling is top class, "Rocky" stands no chance

Rdude92

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Khamzat has been training since he was 5 at wrestling. Won a bronze medal at a junior level in the Russian National Championships, and has won gold in freestyle wrestling in Swedish National Championships both Welterweight and Middleweight class. Not only wrestling, but Khamzat has competed in judo and sambo too...While Leon Edwards started his martial arts training at 16.

I smell a mauling incoming.

"I’m born for fighting; I always feel like that. I like to see movies like when in the war or history, like Vikings or something like that. I feel like that when I go to the cage like all the time ‘I’m going to kill somebody now and take my gold.”
- Khamzat 'Borz' Chimaev

Time to get on the hype train guys

Last edited:
I'm on board. Choo Choo muthfkrs!!

tenor.gif

I could see Khamzat winning if his wrestling is as good as people say. Leon has virtually no finishing ability at all, he would probably beat CM Punk by decision, but would also beat top 15 guys by decision too, all his fights are on loop and repeat.

Screenshot_20201103-052452.png
Khamzat has been training since he was 5 at wrestling. Won a bronze medal at a junior level in the Russian National Championships, and has won gold in freestyle wrestling in Swedish National Championships both Welterweight and Middleweight class. Not only wrestling, but Khamzat has competed in judo and sambo too...While Leon Edwards started his martial arts training at 16.

"I’m born for fighting; I always feel like that. I like to see movies like when in the war or history, like Vikings or something like that. I feel like that when I go to the cage like all the time ‘I’m going to kill somebody now and take my gold.”
- Khamzat 'Borz' Chimaev

respect for khamzat for taking the fight,Imo one of the hardest fights in ww

Leon doesnt has finishing skill + Khamzat blasts right through him

I dunno about all that. Edwards can be taken down, but he makes you work for it, and can certainly stop flawed attempts. Can Chimaev work that hard over 5 rounds? We have no idea. Can he work in the clinch with someone who doesn't mind being there? We have no idea.

Does his striking have the precision to stand with someone of Leon's skills? We have no idea. When he gets tired, does his striking or grappling get more lazy? We have no idea. Does he have bad habits that present opportunities throughout a fight? We have no idea.

I'm a fan of the dude. I hope that the skill we've seen so far scales up when fighting top fighters. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. Maybe he needs more time. We have no idea

Who the fuck is Rocky?

I thought he had been wrestling since he was 1!
LOL.

Guys from Britain have shit wrestling. If Khamzat wrestling is any good he should get the on done rather easily.

- Khamzat 'Borz' Chimaev

Sage Northcutt has been training since he was a wee lad. He must be even better?

Back