Khamzat's first 2 UFC wins have not aged well

They released him after Khamzat and Morono losses?!

Terrible management, should have never signed him in the first place if they were just gonna throw him to the wolves. I hope he comes back one day just to say fuck you Dana.

Any source on releases ?

Lol at Alex Morono being the wolves.

Mckee sucks he will never be an elite fighter so who cares?

11 UFC fights, previous LFC champ, still only 30.. Known cerebral all round fighter .. BJJ Black Belt Taekwondo Black Belt

vs
A 25 year 10-3 White Belt who had just been smashed.. He never had a chance imo.
tenor.gif

Morono is mediocre AF. You see how Khaos Williams handled him in his first Ufc fight right? If Mckee was legit he would of done the same.

It's not the fact he beat them, it's that he did it so dominantly. If he'd squeaked by with safe decisions we wouldn't be talking about him so strongly.

Context is important. Don’t be a dick. Don’t be a detractor.
agreed. These fights and how they occured were the start of a momentum. No one has ANY interest in what those guys are doing now. It was not who they were,its WHAT he did to them,HOW he did it,and what he made of it.

Phillips is fine for a WW fighter making his debut. McKee/Chimaev was a fight made in like less than 2 weeks. He destroyed both guys in less than 2 weeks and only took 1 strike.

The way he destroyed Meerschaert sealed the deal for me. Anyone doubting Khamzat's legitimacy at this point is a bitter goof. Is he good enough for top 5? We'll see soon. I don't know why people are complaining about new prospects.
Jealousy? I really think most ppl on here hate to see anyone succeed. And it’s funny that ppl bitch about chimaev getting a crack at number 3, but also bitch about him fighting “nobodies”.

That is not true. Neil Magny asked for the fight multiple times, but got igored. Also, it's not ducking if a fight makes zero sense.
Its almost never ducking. People just like using that word whenever they can.

Its a beautiful thing whats going on with Chimaev,win or lose this is a great time.

He just fought Dos Anjos last fight genius. Clearly comparable to Mckee and Phillips who are a combined 1-7 in the Ufc.
RDA just beat some sloppy ass striker who has a recorded loss against Mike Perry. Not impressive.

Lol at the fans who shit on high level MMA fighters wins but love Khamzat for smoking cans.

GM3 is a solid win. The fact the ppl were so high on Khamzat after beating 2 of the worst fighters in the roster is laughable

can’t wait for Leon to beat that ass and you all to whine and switch your opinions around

Quite the opposite, khamzat took their soul

Reactions: HHJ
Listen, in fairness, majority of guys who Jones beat end up losing their next few fights in devastating fashion, meanwhile being a legit threat at the time of facing him. Losing to him, as well as having future opponents seeing you get beat in a way that can give them confidence are factors in that. Things change a bit after a bigger profile L.

Context is important. Don’t be a dick. Don’t be a detractor.
I agree with the sentiment, but a lot of fans are already pushing for this guy to face top 5 competition. It does bear acknowledging Khamzat hasn't proven himself at anywhere near that level yet.

Lol at the fans who shit on high level MMA fighters wins but love Khamzat for smoking cans.

GM3 is a solid win. The fact the ppl were so high on Khamzat after beating 2 of the worst fighters in the roster is laughable

can’t wait for Leon to beat that ass and you all to whine and switch your opinions around
It wasnt laughable at all. You are looking at it "on paper"

It doesnt matter those guys were cans. You have to be fuckin blind not to see the potential of that guy.
He certainly sees it in himself,and the UFC do too.

Maybe Khamzat beat them so bad they are ruined?

You can say the same argument for a lot of UFCs top wins tbh.

Khabib for example, Shalorus has a record now of 9-5-2.
Jones in Gusmao now has a record of 6-3
Stipes was Joey Beltran who now holds a record of 18-15

Obviously Khamzat could quite easily never go on to have careers like these guys had but my point is, you can't really compare a fighter by their early UFC wins name wise. He still finished them all I guess.

Back