Khamzat will get owned by Leon

I think Khamzat can take down any welterweight, except Usman and maybe Colby. He is bigger and stronger than most welterweights, his natural weight class is middleweight. I think DC wanted Khamzat to fight in welterweight for the same reason why Khabib fights in lightweight, it's not that Khabib can't beat top welterweights, but he just can't dominate them like the way he dominates the top lightweights. It's the same for Khamzat, he has the potential to beat top middleweights, but he can't dominate them, welterweight is the division for him to dominate via his wrestling and ground game.

The real challenge will be Leon's striking. Khamzat never faced an elite striker at Leon's level. If can manage it well like Khabib managed it well against the elite strikers due to his jabs and his speed, he can do fine. But if he thinks he can go toe to toe with Leon at striking, then Leon would win. Khamzat should be extra careful on standing because he isn't experienced yet to face someone on Leon's level yet, and should go for a safe takedown in the right moment, even if he can't finish Leon on the ground, if his takedown attempts works then he can win via wrestling in the scorecards.

I think Khamzat will shock people like Jones did. He has the momentum right now to do anything he wants.

This

Yes Khamzat fought cans but he still showed that he has a one punch KO ability. Plus he seems to be an elite wrestler. 1 shot KO ability + elite wrestling = Very dangerous combination

Question marks are cardio (seems pretty good so far though) , chin and if he remains in control while being pressured/rocked. Its gonna be very interesting but i do think he is the real deal

I don't see Leon dominating Khamzat, solely based on their styles. That would surprise me a bit.
Of course he has a good chance of winning by experience, but Khamzat seems to be an A-level athlete and won't fold easily.

There is no such thing as an A-level athlete

Is this the biggest jump in competition that a prospect has ever gotten?

Dunno but :

GSP fought Karo , Hieron and Hughes in his first 3 UFC fights

Brock fought Mir , Herring and Couture in his first 3 UFC fights

Going from GM3 to Leon is certainly a huge step up in competition. Not sure if it's the biggest ever though

I would love to see this

Hes an underdog now TS how much money you putting down?

have you noticed that its the people who join Sherdog from 2013 to 2018 who hate on new talent and always promote Conor or people under Paradigm MMA Management?
most pre 2012 people love exciting new comers who bring something new to the sport like khamzat.

Watched some Leon fights today and by that I mean Usman, RDA and Cowboy. All around great fighter and probably one of the most underrated strikers in division and maybe UFC. At 25 years old, he put up great resistance against Usman and started to break down a little only in the 3rd and final round. By that I mean he was above average wrestler even then and put up better resistance against Usman than guys like Woodley ever did. I can only imagine that by being 4 years older and entering his psychical prime helped him in that department. Striking wise, like I said, guy is extremely underrated. Extremely efficient, always calm, disrupts opponent rythm easily either by clinch/wrestling or by array of kicks and punches. One of the most noticeable things is his elbows, which he lands with impeccable timing and quite frequently (especially when breaking a clinch). So yeah... I think Khamzat will be surprised by the speed, strenght, cardio, chin and all around mma skill disparity between everyone he fought in career and Leon. Most likely, he is in for a rude awakening.

i hope Khamzat wins even though i'm not on the hype train, he's exciting and willing to fight. that's way more than i can say about Leon 3 piece and a soda Edwards.

I've never seen Leon own anyone, he just wins 2-1 decisions, and has no killer instinct

You could be right that he will win a decision, thats certainly possible. but owning for me is a finish or if its a decision then totally lopsided like 50-43.

Dominic Waters, Albert Tumenov, Vicente Luque, Bryan Barberena, Peter Sobotta, Donald Cerrone, Gunnar Nelson and Rafael Dos Anjos, they would all have destroyed Khamzat. Leon will make it look easy.

Two or three names might be competitive. If you don't think Khamzat ruins Sobotta, please seek immediate help.

Hes a good fighter no doubt and has a bright future but he is getting pushed up to fast imo. Also him looking impressive against lesser competitors is one thing but against a top 5 caliber opponent its an entirely different story.
How many times have we seen something like this? It just happened to O'Mally. People need to pump the breaks a little bit.

The Platinum Nation?
<{clintugh}>

I think Khamzat can take down any welterweight, except Usman and maybe Colby. He is bigger and stronger than most welterweights, his natural weight class is middleweight. I think DC wanted Khamzat to fight in welterweight for the same reason why Khabib fights in lightweight, it's not that Khabib can't beat top welterweights, but he just can't dominate them like the way he dominates the top lightweights. It's the same for Khamzat, he has the potential to beat top middleweights, but he can't dominate them, welterweight is the division for him to dominate via his wrestling and ground game.

The real challenge will be Leon's striking. Khamzat never faced an elite striker at Leon's level. If can manage it well like Khabib managed it well against the elite strikers due to his jabs and his speed, he can do fine. But if he thinks he can go toe to toe with Leon at striking, then Leon would win. Khamzat should be extra careful on standing because he isn't experienced yet to face someone on Leon's level yet, and should go for a safe takedown in the right moment, even if he can't finish Leon on the ground, if his takedown attempts works then he can win via wrestling in the scorecards.

There might be a stamina challenge for him too. Khamzat likes to go balls out and so far he always finishes his opponents within 2 rounds. But Leon ain't new in this game and know how to defend himself on the ground and once Khamzat starts running out of steam late in the 2nd 3rd round and Leon starts stuffing TDs... Khamzat might get lit the fuck up on the feet

How many times have we seen something like this? It just happened to O'Mally. People need to pump the breaks a little bit.

The Platinum Nation?
<{clintugh}>

Get the fuk outta here comparing Chimaev to O'Mally and Mike perry laughable. Some ppl are blind and can't see talent. Come december 19 you would be surprised how easily Leon gets smeshed. The bookmakers got this shit right cause they know whatsup.. Leon is gonna get beat down that is sure

Back