Khamzat will get owned by Leon

Khamzat has looked great against cans. León is a huge step up. I think it will be too much for him but hoping not. His hype train will be off the charts. Hoping Khamzat wins but only give him 20% chance.
Hes a good fighter no doubt and has a bright future but he is getting pushed up to fast imo. Also him looking impressive against lesser competitors is one thing but against a top 5 caliber opponent its an entirely different story.
Have you guys watched his fights outside the UFC? He fought UFC level competition in those. He dominated an undefeated in MMA sambo world champion. You're seriously underrating him if you've only seen his UFC fights.

Have you guys watched his fights outside the UFC? He fought UFC level competition in those. He dominated an undefeated in MMA sambo world champion. You're seriously underrating him if you've only seen his UFC fights.
Everyone seen his fights by now. If you think he’s ever fought anyone of Leon’s caliber you’re crazy. León is one of the best 170lb fighters in the world. I love Khamzat, but this is a huge leap in competition. He can win, but León won’t make it easy.

Khamzat is wrestling prodigy, if he takes him down, it's going to be long night for Leon.

Everyone seen his fights by now. If you think he’s ever fought anyone of Leon’s caliber you’re crazy. León is one of the best 170lb fighters in the world. I love Khamzat, but this is a huge leap in competition. He can win, but León won’t make it easy.
I really think that sambo guy would be top 10 in the ufc.

EmjfTtZXUAE_bqh

Is this the biggest jump in competition that a prospect has ever gotten?

I understand why people would favor Leon simply because we know how good he is, but saying that he will make it look EASY against a guy that has never shown weakness, and has a fighting style that is the most efficient in modern MMA, is ignorant and indicates that you don’t have the ability to understand what you’re seeing.

However Leon COULD win easily, but no one could anticipate that based on what anyone has seen from Chimaev before.

Hes a good fighter no doubt and has a bright future but he is getting pushed up to fast imo. Also him looking impressive against lesser competitors is one thing but against a top 5 caliber opponent its an entirely different story.
Yes, so we will see. But just deciding he’s not ready because it’s soon isn’t exactly an analytical approach here. Yes, it’s a big step up. But I can’t say he’s not ready, since he’s run through everyone so far. The only way to know if he’s ready is to see them fight. That’s the beauty of matchups like this. We get to see how real he is. If he wins we have a new star on our hands. If he falls short we still get to see what he’s got.

Khamzat is the betting favorite.....

Can't hear that over the sounds of the Train Chooing as loud as ever haha.

Leon makes a good point, and it really is Funny that he's being slept on THIS bad. I'm not gonna act like I'm a fan of Edwards, but he's an alright guy, and an ELITE level Talent. He sounds like a cunt sometimes, but nobodies perfect, and not everyone's gonna have a personality or a Fighting Style that's E for Everyone.

I respect his Skills and what he's accomplished and I think it's pretty rough being Leon Edwards in this situation, yeah some people want to see where Khamzat it, but Leon can get fucked over SO many wins if he wins that he's in a REALLY bad spot in his career.

If he doesn't outright dominate Khamzat and make a statement, the UFC can spin it however they want to justify not giving him a Title Shot. Where if he loses, it's even worse.

I don't see Leon dominating Khamzat, solely based on their styles. That would surprise me a bit.
Of course he has a good chance of winning by experience, but Khamzat seems to be an A-level athlete and won't fold easily.

I think Khamzat will shock people like Jones did. He has the momentum right now to do anything he wants.

Leon’s never fought anyone with the pressuring style of Khamzat. He seems content to stand and point strike for the win but Khamzat is going to force him to fight TDs for 3 rounds which will also leave him vulnerable to Khamzat’s hands. I see this one ending via stoppage.

Agreed

Khamzat may be legit but smart money is on Leon
You make it sound like distance management and frustrating your professional level opponent an easy thing to do...

I keep thinking about this fight and cant help but feel that its too much too soon for Khamzat. I am not a Leon fan at all lol but I cannot deny his abilities. He seriously has some of the best striking in the division both offensively and defensively(counters). Leon has solid takedown defense, good footwork, and is a good example of an intelligent fighter that can make alot of adjustments in between rounds. He is as legit as they come in welterweight and it shows in his long win streak. Wouldn’t surprise me if he eventually becomes champ too.

I think Leon is going to completely school Khamzat and make it look easy. I also think Khamzat is going to get so dominated on the feet that in later rounds he will start to spam takedowns to try to win but it wont lead to much. Leon will get a unanimous decision and fight for belt next year.

LoL Leon will be on his back getting smeshed in the first round. He might even get KO'd on the feet with his pillows as Goatmaev is throwing heat. U gone be mad bruh. Welcome to the new age of Goatmaev on his way to Double Champion

I really think that sambo guy would be top 10 in the ufc.
Now that's pure conjecture.

That sambo guy hasn't fought anyone of note either and if he was so impressive and already automatically ufc top 10 calibre he wouldn't still be plying his trade in brave fc fighting guys with no wiki page.

Blagoy Ivanov is a sambo world champion, so by your metric he should be almost unstoppable

Is it wrong that this is probably my most anticipated fight in months?

Back