Khamzat will get owned by Leon

Mesos

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I keep thinking about this fight and cant help but feel that its too much too soon for Khamzat. I am not a Leon fan at all lol but I cannot deny his abilities. He seriously has some of the best striking in the division both offensively and defensively(counters). Leon has solid takedown defense, good footwork, and is a good example of an intelligent fighter that can make alot of adjustments in between rounds. He is as legit as they come in welterweight and it shows in his long win streak. Wouldn’t surprise me if he eventually becomes champ too.

I think Leon is going to completely school Khamzat and make it look easy. I also think Khamzat is going to get so dominated on the feet that in later rounds he will start to spam takedowns to try to win but it wont lead to much. Leon will get a unanimous decision and fight for belt next year.

I keep thinking about this fight and cant help but feel that its too much too soon for Khamzat. I am not a Leon fan at all lol but I cannot deny his abilities. He seriously has some of the best striking in the division both offensively and defensively(counters). Leon has solid takedown defense, good footwork, and is a good example of an intelligent fighter that can make alot of adjustments in between rounds. He is as legit as they come in welterweight and it shows in his long win streak. Wouldn’t surprise me if he eventually becomes champ too.

I think Leon is going to completely school Khamzat and make it look easy. I also think Khamzat is going to get so dominated on the feet that in later rounds he will start to spam takedowns to try to win but it wont lead to much. Leon will get a unanimous decision and fight for belt next year.
you're not really basing this on anything you've seen from khamzat......

Leon needs to shit on khaz to justify sitting out for so long, and he’d likely have some actual leverage to turn the screws a bit on dana. If he wins in his standard fashion I’ll still respect it, at some point his lack of damage received has got to pay dividends in a division of wrestlers with knee, neck and back injuries. Leon may yet win the long game, we shall see.

Khamzat has looked great against cans. León is a huge step up. I think it will be too much for him but hoping not. His hype train will be off the charts. Hoping Khamzat wins but only give him 20% chance.

Exciting match-up. I don’t think I can pick a clear favorite.

Back