Khamzat vs. MW

Pain4Pain

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'd say he has a good chance of beating everyone besides Costa/Izzy/Vettori/Whittaker.

I think someone like Vettori can cause him a lot of trouble.
Iron chin, hard to takedown, hard to keep down, and can hold his own on the feet.

That being said, from what I've seen I think Khmazat is a nightmare matchup for almost every WW out there.

I'd say he has a good chance of beating everyone besides Costa/Izzy/Vettori/Whittaker.
I think Khamzat beats Vettori. It was a close fight vs Vettori and Hermanson yet Khamzat ragdolled Hermanson like a bag of shit in the Freestyle match. I think Khamzat punches harder too.

Open question is cardioo. Vettori can go 5r. We don't know that with Khamzat

SMH…..He would be favourite over Izzy at MW and likely Glover at LHW too

For someone who relies on his raw strength and spontaneity (which derives from his relentlessness), he’ll have a tough time against even the lowest ranked light heavyweights. Top ranked fighters like Ankalaev, Jiri, Rakic, Texeira, Craig, Walker and Jan would all be favorites over Khamzat.

Whittaker is the match up I wanna see. One of the best anti-grapplers out there.
Whittaker fucks up most grapplers.
The question is how good is Khamzat on the feet? From what I recall we haven't seen him stand with any high-level strikers yet.

Whittaker fucks up most grapplers.
The question is how good is Khamzat on the feet? From what I recall we haven't seen him stand with any high-level strikers yet.
I think Khamzat’s awkward striking will work well against Whittaker. I honestly have a feeling if these two are to fight, Khamzat would knock him out with an uppercut or something coming from some weird angle. Just my gut feeling.

Probably. Also, people discredit Adesanya a lot on this site. Reality is, there’s a great chance the fight ends without Khamzat even seizing the opportunity to implement his grappling. Adesanya is a fighter who is likely going to walk down most of the light heavyweights even when they know wrestling is his weakness. That’s how dangerous he is on the feet.

Khamzat has only been training his standup since 2017 when he started MMA, so it's likely he's improved a lot since the last time he actually stood for more than a few seconds in a fight.

I think he beats Costa If he can drag Izzy down yeah... Agree with Vettori and Whittaker though

LHW is ruled by a frail geriatric weak old guy in Glover who could easily be handled by most nurses at a nursing home.

So let’s be honest Khazmat can walk through that division whenever he’s allowed to
Or he gets knocked out cold by Ankalaev in the first round and doesn't get a title shot.

Well, first, we have to see how he performs against WW fighters. I would not think that far ahead yet but if your bored go ahead. Izzy calling Hazmat a rat lip is a good reason to maybe one day have a fight if he can perform at that level. The insult was at a 3rd grade level, I don't know an adult could say that but Izzy is not really a class act either.

No.
Usman already a -195 future over kham....so he wouldnt be favored over izz.

You guys need to stop with this Conor fanboy comic book shit. Its embarrassing.

Let khamzat run through a Covington and actually beat champ first before this wide eyed fantasy stuff.

Back