News Khamzat interview: Not fighting Maia, wants Masvidal and title shot next

lol that's all good. I was just wondering, you rarely post and your account is from 2006. So I was just curious :) Anyways enjoy the fights this weekend.

Ah, no worries. I'm one of the old guard these days, but I remember being called a filthy casual back when I first signed up because I'd only been watching since the early Pride days, and not from Royce and UFC 1. Haha. You enjoy the fights too! :D

This tells me he's focusing on WW, which if he can make weight okay, is where he should be fighting.

Although his style does match well vs Costa or Izzy, so he might keep taking fights at MW also. But really 170 is his for the taking if he wants it, and he does.

When he moves up the ranks and faces stronger competition, it's gonna be harder for him to jump between MW and WW, he gonna have to pick one and I thinks it's smart of him to pick WW. As you say if he's able to make the weight, he'll be facing smaller guys. MW have some huge dudes.

Not even ranked and picking fights. You guys did it
not our fault he came in like some bad dude from an anime and started killing people
tenor.gif

WhichDeficientCapybara-max-1mb.gif

I take back what I said, I officially like this guy. All aboard the Goatmaev express

If Khamzat slept Masvidal, he would surpass Khabib and maybe even Conor.

Not by sleeping Masvidal...

I don't like fighter bashing (Conor being the exception) but I agree with those calling Masvidal a journeyman.

#1 easy fight in WW division for Khamzat, in my opinion.

An easy fight that gets him a lot of attention, but doesn't do a lot when it comes to GOAT discussion or anything like that.

Good work man.

Chimaev seems like a humble guy unless provoked. I’m glad he won’t fight Maia cause literally no one wants to see that massacre.

Him VS Masvidal would be great and probably the easiest top guy for him.
that was my impression with the interview after the fight, he seems like a quietly spoken dude, just very confident in his abilities.

"Their champion over there is some weird anchovy"

is funny. thanks, TS. this obviously took some time.

"djigits"

can someone explain this word?

When you started your pro fighter who was your idol who you looked up to the most?

I watch a lot of boxing. In MMA I watched TJ Dillashaw, I tried imitating his technique but he is more skilled. In boxing i like GGG and Canelo. I watch a lot of boxing.
Glad that the BW goat is getting respect from a future goat.

Him being a guard outside clubs in Stockholm might actually explain why I recognize him so much!
Most guards try to look mean. Hope fame doesnt kill him! But he seems chill.

LOL.... This clown hasn't fought a top 10 and he thinks deserve title shot.

"I'd run up to him like a retard" vs "I'd run up to him like a handicapped person", Is there no equivalent phrase for "Fanboy" or "Superfan"?

if he said "invalid", why would it be translated to "fanboy"?

"retard" seems to be very accurate.

its a translators job to be accurate, not a social justice warrior.

Last edited:
Khazmat is getting knocked out next. He thinks he's a striker just cause he beat some can. This false sense of confidence will be his downfall.

Meersch is no can though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back