Khamzat has the best wrestling in both 170 and 185 divisions

• Thread starter Deleted member 546119
  • Start date
Joey Davis in Bellator is the current best wrestler at 170 in MMA. A better prospect than Khamzat without the hype train. He's also fought nobodies, but wait until he gets going against ranked opponents. He went undefeated in NCAA Div 2, winning titles all the way upto 184. He also has some gross knockout power and has finished by spinning kick and flying knee. In pure wrestling he techs Khamzat I bet.

Joey Davis in Bellator is the current best wrestler at 170 in MMA. A better prospect than Khamzat without the hype train. He's also fought nobodies, but wait until he gets going against ranked opponents. He went undefeated in NCAA Div 2, winning titles all the way upto 184. He also has some gross knockout power and has finished by spinning kick and flying knee. In pure wrestling he techs Khamzat I bet.
Woodley has the best accomplishments right now.

All time, Josh Koscheck and Ben Askren

Imagine what Usman and Colby would do to John Phillips and Rhys McKee

I am open to Khazmat vs Colby in his next fight. No more talk let them enter the octagon and we will find out. Chimaev stops him inside 2 rounds max. I am confident of this as I AM confident of that the sky is blue

Last edited:
Woodley has the best accomplishments right now.

All time, Josh Koscheck and Ben Askren

Woodley is a savage but he's past his best day. Got thoroughly outwrestled and beat up by Usman. Davis beats Usman in straight wrestling, take that to the bank. Usmans a D2 champ but just compare their accomplishments in D2 and it's not even close. As far as current guys with top tier wrestling accomplishments who are still young and in their physical prime or approaching it, Davis is THE guy. In another 2 years I think he sparks everyone. He's got wrestling, natural punching power, and obviously knows how to get the W if he didn't lose a singe match in college.

Woodley is a savage but he's past his best day. Got thoroughly outwrestled and beat up by Usman. Davis beats Usman in straight wrestling, take that to the bank. Usmans a D2 champ but just compare their accomplishments in D2 and it's not even close. As far as current guys with top tier wrestling accomplishments who are still young and in their physical prime or approaching it, Davis is THE guy. In another 2 years I think he sparks everyone. He's got wrestling, natural punching power, and obviously knows how to get the W if he didn't lose a singe match in college.
Sounds like

1024px-Johny_Hendricks_MMA.jpg

• 3x NCAA Big 12 Conference Champ
  • 2x NCAA Div 1 Champ
  • 1x NCAA Div 1 Runner Up
  • 2x Oklahoma State High School Champ
  • Iron chin
  • Bricks for hands
  • 5 round cardio
  • But gave it all up for more hamburgers

Sounds like

1024px-Johny_Hendricks_MMA.jpg

• 3x NCAA Big 12 Conference Champ
  • 2x NCAA Div 1 Champ
  • 1x NCAA Div 1 Runner Up
  • 2x Oklahoma State High School Champ
  • Iron chin
  • Bricks for hands
  • 5 round cardio
  • But gave it all up for more hamburgers

Hahaha but imagine if he put the burgers down

By Chechnya National level do you mean as a junior? I mean if he moved to Sweden 2011 he would have been 17. Sweden is a good wrestling country but afaik mostly focus on greco roman, not freestyle. There is absolutely no denying the guy is ultra talented but I am not sure the way of proving that is via his actual wrestling credentials.

That said, people talking about NCAA Div 2 wrestlers like they are some kind of wrestling gods is even more questionable.

Not sold on the level he's wrestled at being higher tier than D2... Can any unbiased Wrestling buffs elaborate on this?

lol

his wikipedia is in russian so who knows

Sweden is good in wrestling but no where near the level of USA or Russia. The National title there is probably better than D2 but not like a top tier D1 guy

lol

his wikipedia is in russian so who knows

Sweden is good in wrestling but no where near the level of USA or Russia. The National title there is probably better than D2 but not like a top tier D1 guy
Wondering if he's wrestled outside of Sweden though against other nations? Has he ever wrestled against USA or Russian wrestlers at a youth level ?

Let’s see how his chin holds up because it hasn’t been tested yet!

Wondering if he's wrestled outside of Sweden though against other nations? Has he ever wrestled against USA or Russian wrestlers at a youth level ?

He's getting most of his hype because he's from Dagestan, same backwards Russian caucus where Khabib is from that churns out a lot of the best wrestlers in the world. Since it's so poor with limited infrastructure, we can't pinpoint how good he was like we can for an American wrestler.

And soon he will do the same to ranked fighters, just wait bro

We shall see! Good luck to him and hope he does well. But as I said, these threads are ridiculous right now. Even if he beats a few ranked guys doesn't mean he has the best wrestling in the division considering Usman has done it at the title level.

Back