Media Khamzat Ducks Luke Rockhold

Rockhold is chinny, no doubt, but Khamzat claimed anyone at 170 or 185 at any time. A Rockhold fight will be bigger than any 170 # fight available to Khamzat. Looks a little bit like he is ducking.

He’s obviously trying to get to the belt at 170 first. He wanted Edwards and now he wants Magny.

He’s not ducking Rockhold anymore than Jiri is ducking Francis. That’s just not the weight class he’s trying to get the belt in now. If Khamzat wins the WW strap, he would likely then go fight Izzy.

Sherdog is a crazy place. A few months ago Luke sucked despite being a strike force and ufc champ. And easy to see he’s an excellent fighter.

khamzat in this time period was going to be champ by 2022. Despite no information that you can see to determine that.

now sherdog has totally flipped without either guy even fighting.

Sherdog is made up of weird vindictive teenage girls. But I would assume they’re adult men. Yikes!

Ok, so Chimaev has never beaten an elite fighter but I would in this case pick him to win by KO. Rockhold is great, but his chin is not. Even though he is a significantly better fighter than that Meerschart dude (or whatever his name is), I can easily see Chimaev knocking Rockhold out with one punch. He shouldn’t have declined this fight - would be a great test against a legit opponent but who is also quite beatable if you have decent striking. Rockhold or Edwards would be great fights for Chimaev at WW/MW, Edwards fight probably a bit more difficult unless Chimaev is as good as his nuthuggers believe him to be.

Man, I think COVID really messed up Khazmat’s confidence. Pretty crazy.

As cool as it is to hop back and forth between divisions, it probably makes sense to focus on one based on how the UFC is structured

Yall are gonna try meme Luke, but Luke smashes Khamzat. Too big and his ground game is elite. Id actually want to watch it, just to see Khamzat on his back. I wanna know if he's a complete grappler.
Luke's ground game is elite that's true, but he's susceptible to punches to the head and tends to stay in the pocket. Chimaev is a heavy handed fighter.

The fact that people actually think Luke Rockhold would beat Khamzat in 2021 is crazy.

Rockholds last win was 2017 lol. He doesn’t put his hands up and he’s old and slow now. He would get KO’d bad, even by a WW like Khamzat.
Luke has been fighting nothing but top guys. His last loss was against the current LHW champ.

Who the fuck has Khamzat beaten to make you say he finishes Rockhold? A #30 ranked Gerald Meerschaert? <45>

Man, the Khamzat hype is real amongst casuals.

Rockhold is a chinny old man. No one is ducking him. He’s just challenging WWs these days.

How do you get any of that out of the post? Rockhold accepted, Chimaev declined to stay at 170, Rockhold wants a ranked opponent at 185 before the end of the summer.

Did you read it all backwards?

Does Khamzat have a fight booked at 170? That's a blatant duck if not

The khamzat hype reminds of the big foot sightings that roused Hairy eyebrows in the woods of North America. People claimed to have seen sightings of the Sasquatch animal but no one has any definitive proof of its existence.

Much like khamzats hype, it feels like the giant hairy ape believers are now watching MMA but no one has seen any real sightings. By some accounts the man is already champion, but we now have proof of his elusiveness.

The fact that people actually think Luke Rockhold would beat Khamzat in 2021 is crazy.

Rockholds last win was 2017 lol. He doesn’t put his hands up and he’s old and slow now. He would get KO’d bad, even by a WW like Khamzat.
Luke would smoke anyone that Khamzat has beat.. Rhys McKee, John Phillips and GM3? You realize the quality of those wins, right? Those 3 have a combined .300 ufc record I bet.

Khamazat by whatever he wants in the first

It's hilarious how people consider turning down a fight against a guy who is a giant for the weight class above you, and coming down from an even higher weight class, on a 2 fight losing streak, is ducking ... but Conor's career is actually considered impressive. So many noobs these days.

Sounds like literally no one wants to fight Rockhold, which is surprising considering he’s clearly past his prime and has been away from the sport.

Back