Media Khamzat Chimaev told Gerard Meerschaert in the hotel "i'm gonna smash you're face chicken"

This Gerard dude is like a semi-journeyman. Didn't they have like anyone more legit to match him with?

i sort of agree. Gerald is too slow and flat footed, I don’t see this one ending in a good way for him. He is a solid fighter that is capable of pulling some upsets, but you just can tell he isn’t elite.

i sort of agree. Gerald is too slow and flat footed, I don’t see this one ending in a good way for him. He is a solid fighter that is capable of pulling some upsets, but you just can tell he isn’t elite.

He's on a mission. He will fight everyone outside the top 20 so those guys can remain active as well.

He can probably take on 3-4 a month.

Kamzat is creating jobs!

He’s gotta stop stealing Khabib’s lines lol

Aside from that... War Khamzat!!

Jizmat seems kind of agitated in this media day video. Maybe GM3 is getting in his head a little. I wonder if he'll try to blitz Meershart the same way he did his last 2 opponents, or use a more calculated approach.

I dont know why this guy gives me such a douchy vibe. I hope he get face smeshd.

Disgusting behaviour.

I’d love it if he gets destroyed on the weekend.

This Gerard dude is like a semi-journeyman. Didn't they have like anyone more legit to match him with?
This is a good next step imo, 6-5 in UFC with lots of submissions.
His last 2 opponents couldn't really grapple at all and hace a combined UFC record of 1-4. You shouldn't go straight from that to a ranked guy. There's levels to this.

(I went back and watched one of Rhys McKee's Cage Warriors fights - he has some jiujitsu but bad TDD. Doesn't have the strength or wrestling ability to hang with Chimaev.)

Gonna be a o malley sherdog downfall for chimaev if he loses

This is a good next step imo, 6-5 in UFC with lots of submissions.
His last 2 opponents couldn't really grapple at all and hace a combined UFC record of 1-4. You shouldn't go straight from that to a ranked guy. There's levels to this.

(I went back and watched one of Rhys McKee's Cage Warriors fights - he has some jiujitsu but bad TDD. Doesn't have the strength or wrestling ability to hang with Chimaev.)

That was more of a jab towards Kamzat fans :) But in reality yeah, it's better to build a fighter slowly.

Although this is MMA not boxing so fighters don't have the luxury of building themselves for 5+ years. The body breaks down faster in MMA.

His shtick is getting old now, I just want to see this guy fight. Enough talk already.

Uh.. journeymen should be the ones to test prospects lol and Maia is afterwards assuming he gets through Gerald

Back