News Khamzat Chimaev shuts down UFC 300 rumors - ‘Not fighting in Ramadan anymore’

All the rumored fights are just regular main event matchups. Nothing special at all.

While I'm skeptical, Khamzat is young without a ton of miles on his body. If his conditioning and fight IQ are on point, he does have the tools to get the job done.

Regarding precedent, Islam didn't have to beat anyone in the top 5 (top ten even?) to "earn" shot in which he made Oliveira look like a rookie.

Leon by split decision

While I'm skeptical, Khamzat is young without a ton of miles on his body. If his conditioning and fight IQ are on point, he does have the tools to get the job done.

Regarding precedent, Islam didn't have to beat anyone in the top 5 (top ten even?) to "earn" shot in which he made Oliveira look like a rookie.

Leon by split decision
Khamzat has 2 top 5 wins

Chimaev headlining one of the biggest cards in UFC history feels unearned, but I'd watch it.

Khamzat has 2 top 5 wins so why would he Belal be ahead
The Usman one doesn't count because it was up a weight class on short notice, and also because the judges robbed Usman of the draw he deserved for winning R2 and R3

For the record I do think its a fitting main event for this event. Just seems behind many locked doors before we get there.

Wonder why Pereira isn’t one of the guys being targeted? Much better than DDP who had his eye busted open a month ago

The UFC is playing with fire if they are really trying to book Borz at WW. Imagine if Khamzat is ineligible to win the belt because of a weight miss and then beats Leon.

If they want Khamzat, book him vs a MW for a non-title event, bump up Gaethje vs Max to main and call it a card.

Or maybe they should have moved Sugar Sean to UFC 300, he is a star in the making and would have made an excellent main card fight.

The Usman one doesn't count because it was up a weight class on short notice, and also because the judges robbed Usman of the draw he deserved for winning R2 and R3
Stop making excuses, short notice doesn’t matter, did Usman forget how to wrestle? Draw how? Please tell me one significant moment Usman had in the entire 3 rounds. Usman was ragdolled and almost choked out in the first then got ragdolled in the 3rd. Khamzat took the 2nd rd off and Usman still couldn’t do anything. Usman was dominated on the ground

Leon x Khamzat is the best fight of the four possibilities, but no one involved should be feeling confident that Khamzat can make welterweight in 2 months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishbisquit
Back