News Khamzat Chimaev is OUT against Robert Whittaker at UFC Saudi Arabia

This is what you get UFC for prioritizing pull out artists over the guys who actually fight. I feel very sorry for Rob and Jared, both getting fucked a week apart from one another. This is why the UFC should have just made Jared vs Rob 2 or Sean vs Rob as a title eliminator and leaving it at that. Khamzat is not reliable and you would think the UFC would have learned this by now..

This is what you get UFC for prioritizing pull out artists over the guys who actually fight. I feel very sorry for Rob and Jared, both getting fucked a week apart from one another. This is why the UFC should have just made Jared vs Rob 2 or Sean vs Rob as a title eliminator and leaving it at that. Khamzat is not reliable and you would think the UFC would have learned this by now..

Cannonier should have gotten the title shot. Strickland v Izzy 2 should have been for number one contender. If fights were made based on merit.

do we have any idea what's wrong with him?

just strikes me as a guy that trains like a retard and always ends up getting hurt.

i remember when he got covid and had lung scarring, yet he still tried to train despite the docs telling him to rest.

not reliable whatsoever.
he needs to be out of the rankings.

pretty crazy how he killed his hype and fame.
he had so much potential. could've been one of the biggest stars in UFC history.

Imavov vs Rob is a good fight.

Probably not good enough for the Saudi lords but thats okay with me

Khamzat seemed like an “anywhere anyone anytime” smashing machine at the beginning, but he’s actually become one of the most unreliable fighters…..

Often ill or injured, prone to weight issues, doesn’t fight during various religious periods, apparently can’t compete outside of the Middle East, has rich fans providing him with a lavish lifestyle thus not being particularly focused, etc.

He will likely become a huge “what if” unless he changes course asap, as several prime years have already passed with minimal career progress.

Khamzat seemed like an “anywhere anyone anytime” smashing machine at the beginning, but he’s actually become one of the most unreliable fighters…..

Often ill or injured, prone to weight issues, doesn’t fight during various religious periods, apparently can’t compete outside of the Middle East, has rich fans providing him with a lavish lifestyle thus not being particularly focused, etc.

He will likely become a huge “what if” unless he changes course asap, as several prime years have already passed with minimal career progress.
Anytime/anywhere against guys ranked in the 50s

I'm pretty bummed. Was stoked from the fight. Strickland should have stepped in and cemented his title shot.

Cannonier should have gotten the title shot. Strickland v Izzy 2 should have been for number one contender. If fights were made based on merit.
I absolutely 100% agree with this but we both know they wouldn't put Jared over Izzy. I'm just hoping by some kind of miracle Jared could possibly fight Rob next weekend. I know it seems unlikely but I think he's deserving of it after what went down this past weekend. Plus it's not like Izzy isn't getting a TS off of a loss and Costa didn't get to fight Sean after losing to Rob. Not to mention Jared didn't take much damage in that fight outside of what caused the controversial stoppage, where as even if they wanted to give it to Imavov, I doubt he's in any shape after all those calf kicks he took.

{<shrug}

If you don't fight for a year you should be dropped out of the UFC rankings. The pull out game for everyone currently is shocking when people pay for tickets months in advance and they pull out a few weeks before the event

Turki Alasheikh needs to takeover MMA as well.

No ducking when you know the promoter has the khashoggi hit squad on speed dial.

Back