Media Khamzat Chimaev Breaks Silence "WILL Be Back 100%"

giphy.gif

I hope he's able to, he's definitely talented and has the tools to be very successful.
Unfortunately we haven't seen a lot of him which has led to losing a few years of his prime at this point.

Idk how bad his illness was(we still don't know what it is), but if he's able to he should try to return sometime in the fall. However I wouldn't build an entire card around him as the main event, give him someone like Caio, Pereira, Jared or Allen in a main card slot.

Khamzat has become the least reliable (and least available) fighter in the sport. He's had every form of unreliability imaginable: long-term health problems, short-term health problems, visa problems, missing weight, fighting backstage, etc.

The sport is better when he's in it, so I hope he comes back. But damn! He could write a book on the quickest way to derail a career.

Just book him with a built in replacement, so 3 fighters instead of 2 and 50% chance he makes it
Or just put him on a main card and not as co-main or main. The reason why his pull outs are a huge deal is because he's always in a position on the card which is of significance.

Guy needs to eat some bread and move up a Division

Shouldn’t he be fighting izzy and jiri and shit

Back