Kham, Gus, and Rez are opening a gym in spain

They are part of a TEAM that will open up in Costa Blanca.
It's Allstars Gym, that has already gained a lot of success and been visited by many of the best fighters in Europe, who now wants to expand outside of Stockholm.
It's not like it's a decision from these guys, but still cool news.

Gyms are such a bad investment. Even worse than restaurants.

Well all khamzat needs now is a conviction and he'll fit right in..

Sorry.. is my sherdog showing?

Spaniards definitely aren't the target market for this gym. Fighting and combat sports don't resonate in Spain, even bullfighting is dying (attendance in 2019 was less than half of what it was a decade ago).

With Spain's repeated economic crises over the past few decades leading to chronically high unemployment and depressed salaries, foreigners have been buying up all the property along the Mediterranean coast. It is filled with Brits, Russians, Romanians, and Northern Europeans. This gym is aimed at them.
Yeah.. they are probably trying to pick up talent from the rich people buying expensive houses at the beach.

Makes sense.

Not going to go well. Torrevieja has a population of ~90k, do they expect that everyone who trains there are going to be tourists or fighters on “vacation”? This will either go bankrupt or go really well as a front to launder money.

The mma gym i go to probably makes a killing. 4 branches, and none of them have showers.
Imagine how much they save compared to other gyms.

I would almost guarantee they are not making anything close to what you'd estimate and that's not even counting the complete nose dive gyms across the country have taken over the last year+ with lockdowns and capacity regulations.

And actually I don't come across too many gyms with showers. Martial Arts is done in strip malls and business parks where you aren't going to find a large shower in any existing space. That's just more money for the already insane build out costs these big gyms usually take.

I would almost guarantee they are not making anything close to what you'd estimate and that's not even counting the complete nose dive gyms across the country have taken over the last year+ with lockdowns and capacity regulations.

And actually I don't come across too many gyms with showers. Martial Arts is done in strip malls and business parks where you aren't going to find a large shower in any existing space. That's just more money for the already insane build out costs these big gyms usually take.
I find it weird you assume we’re from the same country… we are certainly not from what I’m hearing.

I’ve been to an mma gym that has two branches each with a shower. The one i am at now is just closer to my new home.

I find it weird you assume we’re from the same country… we are certainly not from what I’m hearing.

I’ve been to an mma gym that has two branches each with a shower. The one i am at now is just closer to my new home.

Where are you from where this isn't happening?

Khamzat ran out of breath after that post. Surprised he didn't retire afterwards.

Where are you from where this isn't happening?
What isn’t happening? A double negative of “no showers in an mma gym”?

i live in israel. When i was loving in tel aviv there was a chain of mma gyms i went to called Team Bert, both their places had showers, which i used…
Edit: I just googled famous mma gyms in the states. All of Renzo Gracie’s gyms have showers. So ur hypothesis doesnt stand.

soooo

what are their respective roles at this new Gym ?

Will Gus be in charge of putting up the new gate?

xMRPz.gif

Back