Khalidov vs Wanderlei Silva?

PudzianFighter

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
In May Khalidov will fight for KSW at the stadium, 65.000 people in the stands. Some fans say that an interesting opponent for Mamed would be Wanderlei Silva. What do you think? Maybe David Branch?

Both those opponents sound good! Khalidov is always fun to watch in my opinion.

He's fighting Luke Barnett in March, which could end up being a difficult fight for him (he was having a lot of trouble with Grove on the feet). If he comes out of that fight healthy though I would love to see him fight Wandy.

First he has to beat Luke Barnatt. It won't be an easy fight for him.

Both those opponents sound good! Khalidov is always fun to watch in my opinion.
David Branch and fun to watch cant be in the same sentence... ever.

Wandy vs Khalidov would be a pretty high profile fight.

David Branch and fun to watch cant be in the same sentence... ever.

Wandy vs Khalidov would be a pretty high profile fight.
Take it you have not seen Branch's fights of late? He has been killing it.

As for the thread. Neither can happen. Branch is under contract with WSOF and Wanderlei is with Bellator.

Neither will loan them out to help KSW.

Take it you have not seen Branch's fights of late? He has been killing it.

As for the thread. Neither can happen. Branch is under contract with WSOF and Wanderlei is with Bellator.

Neither will loan them out to help KSW.
I saw his fights against Starks and Vinny and both sucked.

I saw his fights against Starks and Vinny and both sucked.

Did you see Mamed's last fight? A horrible fight, he actually lost, to a lower profile opponent. Mamed also has had problems with Cooper or Grove; and lost to some lower profile oppnents back in the day.

Branch maybe hasnt even lost a single round since he faced Rumble Johnson at 195 and has looked beast in every tittle fight he has been, at both 185 and 205.
Branch is widely considered a top 10 MW in the world, and would most likely dominate Khalidov in the feet, in the clinch and in the ground.

Did you see Mamed's last fight? A horrible fight, he actually lost, to a lower profile opponent. Mamed also has had problems with Cooper or Grove; and lost to some lower profile oppnents back in the day.

Branch maybe hasnt even lost a single round since he faced Rumble Johnson at 195 and has looked beast in every tittle fight he has been, at both 185 and 205.
Branch is widely considered a top 10 MW in the world, and would most likely dominate Khalidov in the feet, in the clinch and in the ground.

Didnt think Khalidov lost the last fight, it was an embaressing performance and he should have had a point deducted but technically he won the fight. I dont think Branch would have dominated Khalidov, but id say Branch is the favorite to win the fight. Khalidov has fought good opponents and he has good striking and BJJ but his wrestling is not that good.

Would love to see Khalidov vs Wand or Branch. Both would be great match-ups in my opinion. I'd buy the PPV for either of those fights.

Didnt think Khalidov lost the last fight, it was an embaressing performance and he should have had a point deducted but technically he won the fight. I dont think Branch would have dominated Khalidov, but id say Branch is the favorite to win the fight. Khalidov has fought good opponents and he has good striking and BJJ but his wrestling is not that good.

His wrestling is not that good? How so? He outwrestled Starks pretty handly, who is a solid wrestler, stuffed Okami in the clinch, which is impressive, and have never seen him get outwrestled.

He is not Romero nor Weidman, but is a good wrestler, definitely good enough for Khalidov, who has struggled before in that area. I dont see how Khalidov woult not get dominated by Branch, actually in every area. No saying outclassed and finished, as he is crafty, but I would expect pretty much a domination

I could not care less about Khabilov... yeah he looks horrible these days too but he at least has a name.

Im just saying that Branch is not the right opponent if you want to fill a stadium. Nobody (except you it seems) gives a fuck about him.

His wrestling is not that good? How so? He outwrestled Starks pretty handly, who is a solid wrestler, stuffed Okami in the clinch, which is impressive, and have never seen him get outwrestled.

He is not Romero nor Weidman, but is a good wrestler, definitely good enough for Khalidov, who has struggled before in that area. I dont see how Khalidov woult not get dominated by Branch, actually in every area. No saying outclassed and finished, as he is crafty, but I would expect pretty much a domination

You misunderstood me, I said Khalidov has bad wrestling not Branch(who has really good wrestling)

I could not care less about Khabilov... yeah he looks horrible these days too but he at least has a name.

Im just saying that Branch is not the right opponent if you want to fill a stadium. Nobody (except you it seems) gives a fuck about him.
More people should give a fuck about him though, considering that he's the best MW outside of the UFC next to Emeev, and I think he would jab the fuck out of Emeev too. Guy is a beast, I enjoy watching him fight since he shows good technique in most of his fights, granted the Starks fight was boring.

well, you are probably right there
it seems many care about Saige and Page and I dont give a fuck about them either. Branch is a interesting fight for any MW in the planet

well, you are probably right there
it seems many care about Saige and Page and I dont give a fuck about them either. Branch is a interesting fight for any MW in the planet

Definitely, Branch is a top notch MW. Khalidov vs. Branch would decide the top MW outside UFC.

Branch would be great but the only way he is getting to fight in KSW is if WSOF folds after the NYE event.

Wandy........I don't know. He is suppose to start up in Bellator then but at the same time who knows with his injuries. Seems like anytime he gets a fight an injury comes up.

Back