Khalidov, Pudzianowski and Santo Forte will fight for the first KSW event at the stadium

PudzianFighter

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
15622427_1154823354573155_1096557234378955244_n.jpg

KSW Federation will once again make history with the announcement of its first ever stadium show scheduled for May 27th at the most outstanding venue in Poland - Warsaw’s National Stadium.

The PGE Narodowy is the biggest arena in this part of Europe, the home stadium of the Polish national football team and the host of various music concerts and sporting events. On May 27th, for the first time in history the MMA fighters will have the opportunity to compete in front of 60 thousand spectators.
KSW Federation has been the European MMA leader for the last ten years, repeatedly selling out the biggest indoor arenas in Poland, including 20-thousand-seated TAURON Arena in Kraków, 15-thousand-seated Atlas Arena in Łódź and 17-thousand ERGO Arena in Gdańsk. With all these arenas being simply too small for blockbuster KSW shows, the decision was made to schedule the stadium event in 2017.

The KSW on the National Stadium event will be headlined by the biggest KSW and sporting stars in Poland – KSW middleweight champion Mamed Khalidov and the former five-time World’s Strongest Man Mariusz Pudzianowski. Also, the newly-crowned KSW heavyweight champion Fernando Rodrigues Jr will defend his title for the first time, while Olympic wrestling bronze medalist Damian Janikowski will make his long-awaited MMA debut.

Stay tuned for fight announcements in the upcoming weeks.

-------------------

At the event may be as many as four or five fights for the championship belt KSW.

zzz.png

Last edited:
Beat me to it. I was just about to post that :)
Huge event and a huge accomplishment by KSW.
Btw, it looks like it's gonna be KSW 39, so we'll have one more event before that. (February/March?)

I had no idea Rodrigues Jr was Santo Forte lol
I can see him giving Bedorf the rematch unless they can get a HUGE name for the HW title

It would have been great if Mamed vs Materla 2 had happened on this card too :/

Ticket prices start from 50 pln = 12 usd

I wonder if that bronze medalist is going to get an ncaa bellator level squash match for his debut

Wow, it's weird that Khalidov is booked to fight only a couple of months after his upcoming bout with Luke Barnatt at ACB in March. He must be confident he'll get the win.

Wow, it's weird that Khalidov is booked to fight only a couple of months after his upcoming bout with Luke Barnatt at ACB in March. He must be confident he'll get the win.

He said he will come back stronger after his Karaoglu fight, last year he only fought once and i think he wants to be more active.

who could Khalidov even fight ? there arent many good middleweights outside of the UFC. Materla-Khalidov 2 would be good but Materla is in jail. Wish Khalidov would have stayed in ACB as they have better MWs then KSW

He said he will come back stronger after his Karaoglu fight, last year he only fought once and i think he wants to be more active.
Still though, twice in a period of two months is a lot against (what I assume to be) tough opponents.

who could Khalidov even fight ? there arent many good middleweights outside of the UFC. Materla-Khalidov 2 would be good but Materla is in jail. Wish Khalidov would have stayed in ACB as they have better MWs then KSW

Maybe by then WSOF will have folded and which might open the door for someone.

Still though, twice in a period of two months is a lot against (what I assume to be) tough opponents.

Yeah i agree, Luke Barnatt is probably his toughest opponent in a long while. He may not have an amazing record but he is tough and has the tools to beat Khalidov

So whats gonna make this event different from basically every other KSW event? Mamed and Pudz, they fight on same card all the time.

Big name opponents for Mamed and Pudz? Really cheap tickets to fill the arena?

Or is there such a big demand for tickets for their reg shows that sell 20k that they feel they could open it up and it will do 4x that?

Or maybe just being the first stadium show with two big stars everyone will want to be part of it and be there?

So whats gonna make this event different from basically every other KSW event? Mamed and Pudz, they fight on same card all the time.

Or is there such a big demand for tickets for their reg shows that sell 20k that they feel they could open it up and it will do 4x that?

Or maybe just being the first stadium show with two big stars everyone will want to be part of it and be there?
You're asking the right questions mate.

Yeah i agree, Luke Barnatt is probably his toughest opponent in a long while. He may not have an amazing record but he is tough and has the tools to beat Khalidov
If Barnatt wins they might even do a rematch for the KSW title.

The most interesting information are not yet published.

Certainly on this event he will fight Popek. His opponent may be Burneika / Tyberiusz Kowalczyk or someone else.

And possibly:
- Pudzianowski vs Bedorf
- Rodrigues vs Rozalski
- Materla, Mańkowski, Wrzosek vs Erbst, Drwal vs Palhares,...

- Both previous shows at Touron Arena (18,000 seats) sold out aroud a month before the show, so demand was much higher than the 18,000.
- Tickets started at 120 zł (30 $), now the cheapest tickets go for 50 zł (12 $).
- The National Stadium is a new modern stadium, that was opened in 2012. People come in large numbers to see anything they show there ie. the Polish Superbowl never got more than 1500 in attendance until 2011 (American Football isn't mainstream in Poland). When in 2012 they held it at the National Stadium 23,000 (15x more) people came to watch it. It costs even 2,5 $ just to visit the empty stadium.
- They don't really have to sell all tickets. Even if they sell 30,000 seat, around half of the tickets, it will be a great success for KSW and MMA.

Back