Khabilov's only career lose came from LHW

I'm really excited for this fight. I like Bendo, though I'm glad he isn't champ. This is going to be a very exciting fight for fight fans that enjoy technical battles. It should be fun,though the just bleed fans might be disappointed.

He has never won a fight after losing every round. He beat Gil, Thomson, Diaz, Guida, Miller, and Boceck. The only decisions that were arguable are the Frankie fights.

He lost to both Gil & Thomson and was gifted those decisions. In no way, shape, or form did he even come close to winning those fights.

I want to like Benson, but fighters who constantly put on fights with no clear winner begin to grate on me. And Benson seems to always be on the right side of close decisions. Sort of annoying. I think Benson's nickname should be Mr. Split Decision.

Same is true for Rampage, except his have been exceptionally ridiculous; outright robberies.

I am expecting Bendo to be strong the first 2-3 rounds. However, Rustam is mostly technical and will have much more energy than Bendo for the later rounds.

Rustam UD

Same is true for Rampage, except his have been exceptionally ridiculous; outright robberies.

No arguments about Rampage likely not deserving to win the Ninja, Lindland or Machida fights. Rampage's style isn't nearly as likely to lead to a close SD as Bendo's is though. Bendo hasn't had a finish since 2010. His last 8 wins are by decision.

im not sold on Khabilov, seen about 5 of his fights and he has good grappling but his striking is limited and basic and Hendo has really good takedown defence, one of the best in UFC actually at takedown defence. I got Hendo

As title says, Khabilov one lose in his career is to Ruslan Khaskhanov who is listed as LHW and it was a freaking split decision. It was a competitive fight and Khabilov was pushing for a finish in third round.

Arguably Khaskhanov is a natural MW but still even that is two weight classes above Khabilov, that is insane! Just shows that Khabilov is a beast!

Also I'm not saying that Khabilov will beat Bendo, in fact I fully expect Bendo to take another (probably split and controversial) decision

I'm excited for this fight
Big bendo fan.....rustam is gonna push him and not be content to sit in positions....its gonna push ben to fight more aggressive

Got a feeling the fights gonna look a lot like
Ben/miller
Ben/diaz
Ben/guida
Ben/bocek
Ben/cerrone1

No arguments about Rampage likely not deserving to win the Ninja, Lindland or Machida fights. Rampage's style isn't nearly as likely to lead to a close SD as Bendo's is though. Bendo hasn't had a finish since 2010. His last 8 wins are by decision.

Page had a similar streak going before he took a step down and went to Bellator. Yes, Ben goes to decision almost invariably, and yes, he's had lackluster fights, but he's had more than a few great ones as well.

Page had a similar streak going before he took a step down and went to Bellator. Yes, Ben goes to decision almost invariably, and yes, he's had lackluster fights, but he's had more than a few great ones as well.

Not that it is just you, but is there honestly anything Rampage has to do with this topic? I am fully aware of all of Rampage's shortcomings during the second half of his career. It is just a username. I grow tired of people bringing him up for no reason when I am discussing things in Sherdog.

Benson puts on entertaining fights, but the lack of clear winners tampers my excitement of them. It isn't as bad now that he isn't champ, but you can't deny that splitting hairs in a fight to determine the champion was really annoying.

Not that it is just you, but is there honestly anything Rampage has to do with this topic? I am fully aware of all of Rampage's shortcomings during the second half of his career. It is just a username. I grow tired of people bringing him up for no reason when I am discussing things in Sherdog.

Benson puts on entertaining fights, but the lack of clear winners tampers my excitement of them. It isn't as bad now that he isn't champ, but you can't deny that splitting hairs in a fight to determine the champion was really annoying.

Lol, sorry man.

I see what you are saying but in all honesty Ben has only bored or annoyed me in two fights: Frankie #1 and #2. The Gil fight entertained me because they were so equally matched and I was happy to see Ben rally back and win rounds. Anyways here's to hoping neither guy disappoints in this fight.

He lost to both Gil & Thomson and was gifted those decisions. In no way, shape, or form did he even come close to winning those fights.

Thomson I agree

Melendez......yeah it was pretty OBVIOUS BEN WON 48-47

I am expecting Bendo to be strong the first 2-3 rounds. However, Rustam is mostly technical and will have much more energy than Bendo for the later rounds.

Rustam UD

How do you figure?
Bens gone a full 25 mins multiple times and shown NO fatigue
Rustam hasn't

Its gonna be a good fight BUT rustam didn't look very technical in his last fight against masdival

im not sold on Khabilov, seen about 5 of his fights and he has good grappling but his striking is limited and basic and Hendo has really good takedown defence, one of the best in UFC actually at takedown defence. I got Hendo

I agree, Khabilov has a lot of room for improvement in striking deparment, we saw some of that in his last fight...dat spinning kick

As for Bendo's TDD I would say the same but after last fight and seeing how Thomson with one hand was taking Bendo down and getting body triangle gives me some hope that Khabilov with his Sambo can do the same

Difference is Ben is fighting elite opponents, Gilbert Melendez is at least top 25 p4p. Joey Beltran isn't even top 100 at his own weight class and M'Pumbu isn't much better, he lost to Travis Wiuff so that tells you the caliber of oppopent Rampage has been facing

If diaz/melendez/cerrone/pettis /nguakani couldn't.....

They are not Rustam.

318.gif

Rustam_Khabilov_vs._Akin_Duran.gif

rustam_khabilov_suplexes.gif

Honestly Rustam is the strongest 155er in the world unless Bendo has a magic game plan he will lose the grappling battle for all 5 rounds.......

Back