Khabib's takedowns are getting faster...

So if you average his last five fights, it takes him about 1 minute and 45 seconds to secure a takedown. That's a lot of time to spend lunging forward at Conor with shitty, sloppy, wild striking. Just saying. Khabib needs to close that gap even more or he will eat some hard shots.

Has Khabib ever finished anyone with his gnp? The MJ fight was a sub no? I still favor him because Connor may gas and lose a decision.but I'm not counting Connor out.

Conor lacks the heart to scramble out from underneath Khabib. If taken down he's going to panic dramatically and end up tapping to strikes. Standing up there's not a man alive Conor won't exchange with, but the ground game is completely different.
So he had the heart to beat up Mendes from the bottom and escape and stand up then promptly finish him all with 1 knee. But now all of a sudden as soon as it hits the mat Conor will tap from pure fear

Last edited:
Khabib doesn't have that instant control of where the fight is like GSP had.

This is what Conor should be weary of:

HotHarmoniousAfricanmolesnake.gif

He needs to be very, very careful with his shot selection. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot of staring and feints but little real action from both men in the first round.

If you take a guy in his prime with a takedown record which improves fight-by-fight, and you put him against an excellent fighter, 2 years out of the cage, with one great skill but relatively poor cardio and a history of fighting smaller men, the odds overwhelmingly favour a Khabib beatdown.

Khabib would be like a 5:1 to favorite right now with everyone calling for McGregor's head as the worst possible matchup for him but the thing that has mistakingly changed this perception is their last fights where Khabib looked beatable and McGregor looked unstoppable against Alvarez.

Thing is that styles make fights and Iaquinta is beast of a wrestler/grappler and he was always going to give Khabib fits.

Eddie on the other hand is a jack of all trades with short arms. He circled towards Conor's power hard the entire fight and struck with him and didn't try to td him until he was already toast. He's td's are pretty weak to begin with.

Khabib is being underestimated here because of this and will likely silence his doubters.

It would be funny if Conor shoots for a takedown on the 13th second of the first round and actually gets it.

So he had the heart to beat up Mendes from the bottom and escape and stand up then promptly finish him all with 1 knee. But now all of a sudden as soon as it hits the mat Conor will tap from pure fear

Lol, Conor fans still pushing the 1 knee story

Conor with 1 knee fought Chad, Aldo 5 months later, and Diaz 3 months after that. Not to mention the opening bell of the Mendes fight Conor with one knee runs across the cage and throws and spinning kick followed by a flying knee.

no recovery time, no time off, no surgery after the Mendes fight

But when he beat Max with "one knee" he required surgery after and a year off

Yeah but khabibs takedowns are looking sloppier and more desperate, he was just diving for al's leg/ankle from 5 feet away.
Reminded me of Royce in the early ufc's

Lol, Conor fans still pushing the 1 knee story

Conor with 1 knee fought Chad, Aldo 5 months later, and Diaz 3 months after that. Not to mention the opening bell of the Mendes fight Conor with one knee runs across the cage and throws and spinning kick followed by a flying knee.

no recovery time, no time off, no surgery after the Mendes fight

But when he beat Max with "one knee" he required surgery after and a year off
Right?
It's like the whole Nate was three times bigger excuse we hear.
Just bullshit narratives spun to make him look better than he actually is.

This is what Conor should be weary of:

HotHarmoniousAfricanmolesnake.gif

He needs to be very, very careful with his shot selection. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot of staring and feints but little real action from both men in the first round.
Thats a dangerous game ducking under that left tho isnt it...

I think Takedown will come late.
Khabib will try to work out Conor Movement and Range
Conor will be wary of the Takedown.

Pretty sure no-camp Mendes was steam rolling until he gassed.. but you do you.

Khabib lost the Tibau fight I don't care what the judges said. He tried and tried but couldn't take Tibau down. I watched the Iaquinta fight and that was mostly standing. He couldn't takedown and control Iaquinta on the ground either. I disagree with your post. He did maul RDA, Barbosa, and Johnson. If this fight is on the ground he will probably maul Conor, if he can't take Conor down he is going to sleep. His standup sucks.
Tibau was juiced as fuck for that fight lol.

How many more threads do we need about the fact that Khabib is a beast wrestler and stylistic horrible match-up for Conor, and that Conors seemingly only chance is to finish it very early?

The RDA fight is still the most impressive Khabib win imo. Considering the level of opponent and the events that transpired.

How many more threads do we need about the fact that Khabib is a beast wrestler and stylistic horrible match-up for Conor, and that Conors seemingly only chance is to finish it very early?

I've got about 6 more in me. If you allow 8 threads for each user here, you're looking at about 3.5 million more Khabib/Conor threads before 6 Oct.

Yes. Conor don't want none cause he knows what big Dagestani balls look like.

Back