Khabib's single leg td threat is lowkey one of his deadliest weapons at 229 (educated fans only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why i hate the Chad Khabib comparison. Khabib has so many different ways to take conor down. Its gunna be real interesting to see how this threat effects conors striking

GSP and BJ is not a great example because it was a lot more debatable. This is not likely a fight where the unexpected will take place... both are much to strong at their primary strength. We know either Conor connects early or he gets taken down and destroyed. Likely the latter from my pov.

Eddie was supposed to take Conor down and smash him. I read it over and over that he would take him down and smash him Or that he would smother him with his pace and cardio. Did either of those things happen? Expect the unexpected. Oh wait Eddie does not have great wrestling or Eddie is not great at this or is not great at that. Yeah we will see what we are saying about who is not great at what come Sunday morning on October 7.

Nope weak demian maia esque takedown, conor doesnt fall for predictable jab feints like al or the russian goulash cans

Maia has the seventh most landed take-downs in UFC history. Putt some respect on his name.

Been saying it since Khabib won the title. Swing singles. They’re safe and out of Conor’s power. All Khabib needs is to get his hands on a leg. Even if Conor pulls his leg out, Khabib will initiate a scramble situation in which Conor is fucked. Beeb doesn’t have to finish the single, he just needs to get his hands on Conor. Swing singles are the safest way.
Bingo. I'm sure they'll be gameplanning this heavily at AKA.

Aldo was legit. The LW title shot was a sham. If he had to climb the ladder like a true fighter he wouldn't have been able to run through the gauntlet to earn a legit title shot lol.

Eddie was the Matt Serra of the LW champ.
Eddies been fighting since 2003. He was battle worn and out of his prime before he even entered the UfC. Conor still doed the same thing to any version of eddie tho

In my experience in these big fights the more that we try to analyze these little intricacies and details like crazy, something unexpected ends up happening. I remember reading all these in-depth breakdowns on how BJ Penn was going to easily stuff all of GSP‘S Take downs. I also remember reading in depth breakdowns on how because Forrest Griffin stood with rampage for 25 minutes he’s going to easily stand with Anderson. Things usually have a way of going differently.

October is too far away man.

Last edited:
Eddie was supposed to take Conor down and smash him. I read it over and over that he would take him down and smash him Or that he would smother him with his pace and cardio. Did either of those things happen? Expect the unexpected. Oh wait Eddie does not have great wrestling or Eddie is not great at this or is not great at that. Yeah we will see what we are saying about who is not great at what come Sunday morning on October 7.
I mean, it's pretty much factual that Khabib's wrestling is leagues above Eddie's and Conor's striking is leagues above Eddie's as well. He's the jack of all trades and always has been.

Conor shrugging off a concussed/rocked/shook Eddie's half assed td attempts was not exactly newsworthy.

Just because people say a lot of stupid shit before fights doesn't mean everything should be discredited.

I mean, it's pretty much factual that Khabib's wrestling is leagues above Eddie's and Conor's striking is leagues above Eddie's as well.

Conor shrugging off a concussed/rocked/shook Eddie's half assed td attempts was not exactly newsworthy.

Just because people say a lot of stupid shit before fights doesn't mean everything should be discredited.

His striking was not supposed to be leagues about Eddie’s at all. This was coming off the Nate rematch that everyone gave Conor shit about. And this was coming off of Eddie knocking out RDA. So no that is not what people were saying. you are thinking about recent events. Not what was going on back then.

I tried to tell these fools in my other thread that Conor will not be able to hit Khabib if he comes in low like this and they just told me that he will just knee him coming in........as if the chances of that connecting are as high as his left.

TS makes a great point here.

His striking was not supposed to be leagues about Eddie’s at all. This was coming off the Nate rematch that everyone gave Conor shit about. And this was coming off of Eddie knocking out RDA. So no that is not what people were saying. you are thinking about recent events. Not what was going on back then.
I've thought Conor was one of the best all time strikers in MMA since he starched Aldo and favored him against everyone in a standup fight up to LW. Hell, I'd favor him against Woodley standing. I never thought that about Eddie. You can't paint everyone with same brush.

I also think Conor is not very well rounded and extremely vulnerable to Khabib's style.

He wont be able to shoot on mcgregor with ease like those others you posted hes gonna need to rely on clinch take downs

And why is that? Just because he's Conor Mcgregor? Khabib will ragdoll and toy with him as much as he pleases.

I've thought Conor was one of the best all time strikers in MMA since he starched Aldo and favored him against everyone in a standup fight up to LW. Hell, I'd favor him against Woodley standing. I never thought that about Eddie. You can't paint everyone with same brush.

I also think Conor is not very well rounded and extremely vulnerable to Khabib's style.

Khabib to me he’s like the Hughes of this division when Hughes was dominating in his division. A terrible striker, is also pretty slow but an amazing grappler. Khabib is a massive 1 trick pony.. Khabib even if he wins this fight I don’t see this long reign out of him. Hughes was able to have a long run at the top mostly because the sport had yet to really evolve. I think that khabib is slow, not a great athlete, and at 30 years of age if he is this bad at striking now, I don’t see it getting a whole lot better in the next few years. I think he is extremely vulnerable to someone like Kevin Lee as long as he can make weight. Because he is a more talented version.

Both solid points and analysis. This really is more of a nightmare matchup for Conor than people know.

Really interested to see his gameplan to try and negate this.
Literally same, I know Conor is lacking in some areas; however he may have improved, but he is actually a very smart guy & im super excited to see how he actually plays this, Hes clearly taking this more serious than any other fight in the ufc, if his gameplan isn’t apparent in the first round and he is striking with full force and in high volume, we will all know what the result will be because Bib will be unbelievably relentless, and punish him so badly for any little mistake, If he hasn’t painstakingly perfected his general defence and cardio then there is literally no chance at all

Khabib will be taking the fight to the ground.. unfortunality he will be unconscious when he goes there .

do you see how close al's feet were to khabib when he initiated that single leg?

i dont think conor will be that close.

He's gonna have to be close to be able to land. He'll probably try to use the same stance he did against Eddie but find out the hard way that Khabib isn't gonna fight like a scared chicken and get his hands on Conor the second he comes close enough. Eddie gave Conor way too much time to get comfortable and think instead of making the fight dirty.

Khabib to me he’s like the Hughes of this division when Hughes was dominating in his division. A terrible striker, is also pretty slow but an amazing grappler. Khabib is a massive 1 trick pony.. Khabib even if he wins this fight I don’t see this long reign out of him. Hughes was able to have a long run at the top mostly because the sport had yet to really evolve. I think that khabib is slow, not a great athlete, and at 30 years of age if he is this bad at striking now, I don’t see it getting a whole lot better in the next few years. I think he is extremely vulnerable to someone like Kevin Lee as long as we can make weight. Because he is a more talented version.
I mean, I agree that Kevin Lee is a lot worse of a matchup for Khabib than Conor. So is Ferguson, Woodley or GSP. Iffy on Ferg or Lee but I would definitely pick GSP over Khabib.

Apartfrom bj scouts video, any explanation on alvarez shooting techinque, so understand how conor avoided TD, and how much that was eddie, and how much conor

Stopped reading after I read lowkey. Why is that word a thing now

I can see Conor stopping Khabib with a fast uppercut as Khabib charges in for a take down lets be real Conor has one good chance before he goes to the ground OR...

The more likely situation

Khabib does get through (as a gassed Chad Mendes did), takes Conor to the cage double legs him, takes his legs and ties up McGregors with his legs, grabs Conors right wrist and pulls it down in close to his body at the same time moving to a dominant position. Conor with now only one arm will try to post up with it against the cage to try and escape, while taking shots to the face, when it gets to be to relentless Conor will have no choice but to drop to his back in order to use that only arm/hand to block continued shots to the face. McGregor will eventually begin to exert so much energy trying to get up if he even makes it out of the first round he wont have any gas whatsoever in the second. Khabib will proceed to take him down, Conor will look for a way out, give up his back and either gets submitted or rescued by the ref after taking multiple unanswered strikes.

Conor has been out 2 years. Last fight was in a boxing ring. Khabib wasnt exposed by Al Laquinta. He stayed standing with Al because he simply was in no danger and even said as such that he wanted to show he can strike. Al was getting pieced up by Khabib the entire time. Was Khabibs striking top level, no. Should he stand with Conor? No.

As far as everyone placing so much stock into that 1 punch Michael Johnson "rocked" Khabib with...MJ is a guy that knocks guys out with that punch and nearly put Justin Geathje to bed in their fight with it. Khabib ate it. How hurt was he really? Who is to say, he went on to destroy MJ.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back