Khabib's single leg td threat is lowkey one of his deadliest weapons at 229 (educated fans only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conor is a southpaw. Khabib is orthodox. That means conor's lead leg will be even closer to khabib's lead hand, and add to that Conor's wide stance as well. Oh, and if khabib does a head outside single, then his face is even further away from any danger from Conor's left.
He will not. He doesn't have the range to throw his uppercut from his backhand. If he throws his uppercut from his lead hand, the bolo uppercut, he would have to plant and pivot his lead foot to generate decent power, and his right hand is not all that lethal, so to throw this shot he will be taken down for sure if he misses or if it doesn't do enough damage.

It's actually better if he times a flying knee during entry. However, this is harder to do with the wide stance as well.

Therefore, I expect Conor to implement some new tricks in this fight to stall the inevitable.

Both solid points and analysis. This really is more of a nightmare matchup for Conor than people know.

Really interested to see his gameplan to try and negate this.

A lot of talk of his trips, chain wrestling and clinch/cage td's but his single legs are fast, and slick as hell and close the distance in short order.

I think we'll see more of this as he does not want to strike with Conor by his own words.

Edit: For all the wildly unrealistic fantasyland "head clean off" Conor fans who say he'd "snipe khabib shooting in" please show me one time in his career he has done that.

1rLqzj.gif

VPRrr1.gif

xvg55r.gif

oQ1KKK.gif

Conor's wide stance with his lead leg exposed to such a degree make him even more vulnerable to a single against someone who has mastered it

stance-11-29-39-752x501.png

Nope weak demian maia esque takedown, conor doesnt fall for predictable jab feints like al or the russian goulash cans

He covers the distance fairly quickly in those gifs, but he is exposed, head down, hands nowhere close to defending, during it. Against a sniper like Conor, probably safer to block and back him against the cage to close more distance.

LOL Who the hell is 'defending wit their hands' while reaching for a TD? You defense when shooting is timing, head position and angling. Why doesn't Conor pull the trigger here? Because he got beaten with speed and timing.

Mendes-takedown-McGregor-1.gif

Uneducated fan checking in. A single leg takedown is not a deadly weapon

Irish can who won two belts?!
Aldo was legit. The LW title shot was a sham. If he had to climb the ladder like a true fighter he wouldn't have been able to run through the gauntlet to earn a legit title shot lol.

Eddie was the Matt Serra of the LW champ.

Aldo was legit. The LW title shot was a sham. If he had to climb the ladder like a true fighter he wouldn't have been able to run through the gauntlet to earn a legit title shot lol.

Eddie was the Matt Serra of the LW champ.
He's not the best LW champ ever, but he's legit and a game champ, WAYYY better than Serra. He would have made a great fight for anyone other than McGregor

In my experience in these big fights the more that we try to analyze these little intricacies and details like crazy, something unexpected ends up happening. I remember reading all these in-depth breakdowns on how BJ Penn was going to easily stuff all of GSP‘S Take downs. I also remember reading in depth breakdowns on how because Forrest Griffin stood with rampage for 25 minutes he’s going to easily stand with Anderson. Things usually have a way of going differently.

The man has the grip of a god damn industrial vice

In my experience in these big fights the more that we try to analyze these little intricacies and details like crazy, something unexpected ends up happening. I remember reading all these in-depth breakdowns on how BJ Penn was going to easily stuff all of GSP‘S Take downs. I also remember reading in depth breakdowns on how because Forrest Griffin stood with rampage for 25 minutes he’s going to easily stand with Anderson. Things usually have a way of going differently.
Both of those things are unrealistic.

Khabib taking Conor down is highly probable.

Both of those things are unrealistic.

Khabib taking Conor down is highly probable.

BJ Penn had some of the greatest wrestling defense anyone ever saw at that time. I don’t know if you were a fan back then but he was practically impossible to take down. So no you are wrong.

People are Acting like Conor McGregor won’t be able to do anything once this guy gets his hands on him. That to me is ridiculous and likely bullshit. But we will see.

BJ Penn had some of the greatest wrestling defense anyone ever saw at that time. I don’t know if you were a fan back then but he was practically impossible to take down. So no you are wrong.

People are Acting like Conor McGregor won’t be able to do anything once this guy gets his hands on him. That to me is ridiculous and likely bullshit. But we will see.
lol I was literally one of the people on the UG arguing that Penn fans were insane because GSP was both larger and had the best td's in the game.

lol I was literally one of the people on the UG arguing that Penn fans were insane because GSP was both larger and had the best td's in the game.

And millions of people were claiming GSP could never take him down. These big fights people constantly over analyze everything. It is never as simple as the fans or even the fighters pretend it’s going to be. This is the theater of the unexpected. People are actually saying that Conor McGregor is so awful on the ground that as soon as this guy takes him down he is going to be finished. I mean seriously?

Been saying it since Khabib won the title. Swing singles. They’re safe and out of Conor’s power. All Khabib needs is to get his hands on a leg. Even if Conor pulls his leg out, Khabib will initiate a scramble situation in which Conor is fucked. Beeb doesn’t have to finish the single, he just needs to get his hands on Conor. Swing singles are the safest way.

And millions of people were claiming GSP could never take him down. These big fights people constantly over analyze everything. It is never as simple as the fans or even the fighters pretend it’s going to be. This is the theater of the unexpected.
GSP and BJ is not a great example because it was a lot more debatable. This is not likely a fight where the unexpected will take place... both are much too strong at their primary strength/vs the others weakness. We know either Conor connects early or he gets taken down and destroyed. Likely the latter from my pov.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back